It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Muslims fighting ISIS? You need to see this!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: abe froman
Yayyyyy Hezbollah.... wait, what?

Muslims fighting Muslims is nothing new, they've been killing each other for decades.

Yes that little "terrorist" group that Israel is always whining about is also fighting ISIS.

You have a very friendly attitude towards "terrorist"s.

Calling Homeland Security now...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What a f*cked up world we live in.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
People really ask where are the Muslims that are fighting ISIS? They are the ONLY people fighting ISIS!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Kurdish have a bone with Turkey which is supporting ISIS (behind the scenes) so Kurds have to fight ISIS. Turkey wants ISIS to hurt the Kurds so they have to fight the ISIS. Would you not fight a robber who came to your house?

How does this back up your argument that it's supposedly Shiite vs Sunni? Turkey (majority Sunni) has conflict with the Kurds (majority Sunni) over regional issues. That's Sunni vs Sunni, not Sunni vs Shiite. And ISIS is Wahhabi/Kharijite, not Sunni. So even the ISIS vs Kurdish war is Wahhabi/Kharijite vs Sunni, not Sunni vs Shiite.

It is INFACT Sunni vrs Shia i.e. Saudi vrs Iran mess in ME with geopolitical interests of US and Russia also on line. This was the reason why Iran-Iraq war happened.

Saudi Arabia is controlled by Wahhabi/Salafis, not Sunnis. In fact, the House of Saud made its pact with the Wahhabis more than 200 years ago. And how does the Iran-Iraq War support your argument of it supposedly being Sunni vs Shiite? Iran is Shiite majority. Iraq is also Shiite majority. In fact, you claimed that Iran was 80% Shiite in your own post, though I believe the number is closer to 60% Shiite. So how do Iraqi Shiites fighting against Iranian/Persian Shiites make it Sunni vs Shiite? That's literally Shiite vs Shiite, not Sunni vs Shiite.

In fact, the Iran-Iraq war was literally a Sunni (Saddam) leading a Shiite-majority nation (Iraq) against a Shiite-majority nation (Iran), while simultaneously massacring a Sunni-majority group in Northern Iraq (the Kurds), while receiving help from the Wahhabi controlled GCC. That war alone obliterates your narrative of Sunni vs Shiite.

Iraqis fighting the ISIS?.........reality is they are only surrendering to them and leaving their big weapons to make ISIS more powerful.

LOL How does this help your argument and not mine? Iraq is majority Shiite, as even you posted. So if it was really Sunni vs Shiite, why did you claim the Shiite Iraqis refused to fight ISIS? That contradicts your point, especially since you seem convinced that ISIS is Sunni & not Wahhabi/Kharijite. If ISIS was really Sunni & there was really a Sunni vs Shiite war, the Shiite Iraqis wouldn't run from them.

Also, Northern Iraq is controlled by the Kurdish people. They're mostly Sunnis & they've been fighting against the Wahhabi/Kharijite ISIS the entire time. So even in Northern Iraq, it's Sunni vs Wahhabi, not Sunni vs Shiite.

Same with other countries....Egypt, Libya etc. when it is convenient they will switch sides. Right now only a playacting is happening on paper.

In other words, you simply dismiss other Sunni Muslims in other countries who are fighting ISIS & its affiliates. Why? Because that doesn't fit your false narrative of it being Sunni vs Shiite? This simply confirms my point that it's actually Wahhabi vs everyone, not Sunni vs Shiite.

Then there are the Sunnis in Nigeria & Chad, who are also fighting Boko Haram. Even you noted that Boko Haram is the affiliate of ISIS. Yet you completely ignore this. You do realize there are almost 80 million Muslims in Nigeria alone, right? That's more than 3 times as many Muslims as there are in Saudi Arabia. So the Sunnis in Nigeria are also fighting the Wahhabi/Kharijite Boko Haram. But that doesn't fit your narrative so you ignored it.

Saudi, UAE, Egypt all have strong armies with good air forces. Where are these expensive jets and other assets? Why are they not bombing the ISIS but Saudis are killing the Shia Hautis in Yemen.

I already pointed out that Egypt (Sunni majority) is already fighting ISIS in Libya right now. They've been launching attacks against ISIS for months now. And the GCC is dominated by its Wahhabi controlled members Saudi Arabia & Qatar. So why would the Saudis (Wahhabi/Salafi) attack their Wahhabi/Khaijite brethren ISIS & Al-Nusra?

And you might want to know this. It's the Wahhabis & Wahhabi/Kharijites who have the feud with Shiites, not the Sunnis. The Saudi/GCC coalition isn't even fighting the al-Qaeda & ISIS branches in Yemen, who are also fighting the Houthis. So in Yemen, you have the Saudi coalition (Wahhabi/Salafi) ignoring the Wahhabi/Kharijite al-Qaeda & ISIS branches, while fighting the Shiite Houthis, who are also fighting the Wahhabi/Kharijite al-Qaeda & ISIS. That's Wahhabi vs Shiite, not Sunni vs Shiite.

Turkey has air force with several hundreds of F-16s.........why these hanger queens are not dressed up with bombs and sent over the ISIS territory? Turkey also wants Assad gone so it is supporting both FSA and ISIS.

NATO & its Western members have an alliance with the Wahhabi controlled GCC nations. The GCC nations support the petrodollar, invest heavily in Western industries, and purchase lucrative defense contracts from Western countries. And in return, the Western countries support the GCC nations, even placing military bases in them to protect their leaders.

Turkey (Sunni) has the 2nd largest army in NATO, is an ally of the GCC nations, and is trying to gain membership in the EU. Turkey would also benefit greatly from the proposed pipelines from Qatar (Wahhabi) which would send its natural gas to Europe. This would allow Europe to ween itself off of Russian energy supplies. Russia has countered this by proposing to reroute its failed "South Stream" pipeline through Turkey, which would keep Europe dependent on its energy supplies. The West is countering this by sweetening its offers to Turkey, easing restrictions for Turkish nationals in the EU, and reconsidering its constantly delayed hearings to allow Turkey into the EU.

In other words, Turkey has positioned itself to benefit from both the Qatari/GCC's pipeline and the Russian pipeline. And in order to prove itself to the West even more, Turkey has also recently canceled a controversial arms deal with China in favor of a NATO compliant alternative. Turkey's position literally has nothing to do with Sunni vs Shiite or religion at all. It's helping the GCC fight Assad because Assad rejected Qatar's proposal in favor of Iran's proposal. It's using its campaign against ISIS to settle its grudges with its fellow Sunnis, the Kurds. And it's playing sweet with Russia in order to pressure the West to offer more concessions. In other words, Turkey's situation has nothing to do with your Sunni vs Shiite narrative either.

Every single point you mentioned rejects your argument that this is Sunni vs Shiite. And you completely dismissed & ignored my numerous examples showing that. Are you sure you want to keep having this exchange? Because I'm getting bored with repeating myself.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

You're quite clever to put all of those words in my mouth at once.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, I would have the same response if you told me Al Nusra or the Taliban had helped fight off ISIS.

That's like telling me the water is just fine for swimming because the sharks chased off all the alligators.

I don't hate Islam or Muslims, I hate extremism in all it's forms.

The Christian terrorists in Africa, the middle east, and in the US scare me more. It's still terrorism when an extremist Christian blows up buildings (clinics) as much as when an extremist Muslim bombs the Boston Marathon.

I was pointing out how ridiculous your argument is. People complain that Muslims aren't fighting ISIS. But when Muslims fight ISIS, those same people then criticize Muslims for constantly fighting! And other people complain about not enough peaceful Muslims fighting ISIS, but that would literally mean the peaceful Muslims would have to join the warring Muslim militias & armies to fight them.

And no, I didn't put all of those words in your mouth. I literally wrote "Islamohobes:", not "abe frothman:". So if you identify yourself with the Islamophobes I was paraphrasing, that's on you.

And just for the record, a phobia is an irrational fear of something, not a hatred for something. Aquaphobia (the irrational fear of water) doesn't mean the person hates water & other liquids, does it?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Muslims fighting ISIS?

How about the Houthis in Yemen? The only good jihadists I know.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Make that hundreds of years or basically since Islam was invented

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
There is a growing voice on ATS asking where the Muslims fighting ISIS are. Do they exist?

The answer is heck yes!

Check out this story from Syria. The Syrian army has been trapped for three years, three years! cut off from the goverment of Damascus and under constant attack from ISIS. But it has just been liberated by Assad's Army with the help of Hezbollah.

These men are true heros - they survived with no support from the outside world, growing their own wheat and vegetables to eat.They remained faithful to their sworn oath and they never gave into ISIS, even when 1,000 troops attacked.

lit tr

Then there is this video of the Syrian army burning the ISIS flag.

This dont sound at all right to me. This claim infers that the hundreds of missions flown by the US and its slave states have been completley ineffectual??? I cannot beleive that for an instant. Pull the other one!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Not exactly. The Kurdish people are mostly Sunnis and they're fighting ISIS. The Turkish people are mostly Sunnis and they're fighting ISIS too. Egypt is mostly Sunni & they're fighting them too.

Wrong, except for the Kurds.

Anyone with a minimum knowledge of warfare can see that the ISIS supply lines are from Turkey and not Iraq. ISIS is not a self-sustainable Caliphate ... not yet, so it needs external supplies. This is why ISIS maintains a line towards Turkey, which would be suicide in any warfare ... you'd want a "buffer" between you and your western "enemies". Another fact, is that the US, who has until now been "focused" on removing Assad, have not seen ISIS as a serious threat. They've only concentrated on stopping ISIS from become "self sustaining". The west has been playing "Mujahedeen" with the muslim society, and is paying for it now ... the Russians entering the theatre, changed the game. And now Turkey is "claiming" it will do, what it should've done 3 years ago ... remove ISIS from their borders.

Same thing about Egypt ...

We're at war ... we can't take them on face value, and that is where we've failed. It has nothing to do with Islamophobia, that's just ignorance talking. In times of war, anyone that has their origin from the enemies territories, is a potential enemy ... and it has nothing to do with any islamophobia. Has to do with common sense. You guard your back, in times of war ... the entire west, especially Europe, has failed to do this ... because people like you have been playing this "Phobia" on the week minded. And unfortunately, Europe is full of week minded liberals today ... and although liberalism isn't bad, in and by itself. These "liberals", are the exact same ones who are then willing to sell their liberty for security ... when the SHTF, and fuel the "islamophobia".

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I actually didn't realize there was a rising voice especially here on ATS asking where are the Muslims fighting ISIS...OP take your head for a wobble for inventing a rising voice that doesn't exist.

Apart from the fact that the majority of Kurds are Mo followers and that this all got hyped up with the Kurds stuck on a hill with ISIS closing in and taking the women hostage and even more so by the Kurds fighting back with the West bombings, its all been about Muslims fighting Muslims??

Not to mention the other Muslim states and the reaction to the Jordan pilots immolation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This guy has the only solution that will ever really work.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
ok I will put my foot in it here,

So what I am reading and watching with these videos is that:

Isis is to Muslims what the Westburro Baptist Church is to Christians?

Pretty much from what I can gather, except they have guns and many rich benefactors hiding behind the curtains.

It is essential that we educate ourselves and learn who the real enemy is instead of making broad sweeping assumptions. Moderate Muslims can help us all in the fight against ISIS, but we need to learn more about them so we can have meaningful dialogue and make them feel included instead of isolated and viewed with fear and hate.

edit on 20-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

This dont sound at all right to me. This claim infers that the hundreds of missions flown by the US and its slave states have been completley ineffectual??? I cannot beleive that for an instant. Pull the other one

I've been aware of the Aleppo situation for a while now and I had heard that there were govt forces in ISIS held territory. I did not know the full story until today.

And no, the USA would have not done anything to help the Syrian Arab Army (Assad's army) They are govt forces and as such are viewed as 'the bad guys' by Washington. The Syrian army is only now regaining lost ground because Russia has come along and provided actual support to the Assad govt.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: victor7

Kurdish have a bone with Turkey which is supporting ISIS (behind the scenes) so Kurds have to fight ISIS. Turkey wants ISIS to hurt the Kurds so they have to fight the ISIS. Would you not fight a robber who came to your house?

How does this back up your argument that it's supposedly Shiite vs Sunni? Turkey (majority Sunni) has conflict with the Kurds (majority Sunni) over regional issues. That's Sunni vs Sunni, not Sunni vs Shiite. And ISIS is Wahhabi/Kharijite, not Sunni. So even the ISIS vs Kurdish war is Wahhabi/Kharijite vs Sunni, not Sunni vs Shiite.

It is INFACT Sunni vrs Shia i.e. Saudi vrs Iran mess in ME with geopolitical interests of US and Russia also on line. This was the reason why Iran-Iraq war happened.

Saudi Arabia is controlled by Wahhabi/Salafis, not Sunnis. In fact, the House of Saud made its pact with the Wahhabis more than 200 years ago. And how does the Iran-Iraq War support your argument of it supposedly being Sunni vs Shiite? Iran is Shiite majority. Iraq is also Shiite majority. In fact, you claimed that Iran was 80% Shiite in your own post, though I believe the number is closer to 60% Shiite. So how do Iraqi Shiites fighting against Iranian/Persian Shiites make it Sunni vs Shiite? That's literally Shiite vs Shiite, not Sunni vs Shiite.

In fact, the Iran-Iraq war was literally a Sunni (Saddam) leading a Shiite-majority nation (Iraq) against a Shiite-majority nation (Iran), while simultaneously massacring a Sunni-majority group in Northern Iraq (the Kurds), while receiving help from the Wahhabi controlled GCC. That war alone obliterates your narrative of Sunni vs Shiite.

Iraqis fighting the ISIS?.........reality is they are only surrendering to them and leaving their big weapons to make ISIS more powerful.

LOL How does this help your argument and not mine? Iraq is majority Shiite, as even you posted. So if it was really Sunni vs Shiite, why did you claim the Shiite Iraqis refused to fight ISIS? That contradicts your point, especially since you seem convinced that ISIS is Sunni & not Wahhabi/Kharijite. If ISIS was really Sunni & there was really a Sunni vs Shiite war, the Shiite Iraqis wouldn't run from them.

Also, Northern Iraq is controlled by the Kurdish people. They're mostly Sunnis & they've been fighting against the Wahhabi/Kharijite ISIS the entire time. So even in Northern Iraq, it's Sunni vs Wahhabi, not Sunni vs Shiite.

Same with other countries....Egypt, Libya etc. when it is convenient they will switch sides. Right now only a playacting is happening on paper.

In other words, you simply dismiss other Sunni Muslims in other countries who are fighting ISIS & its affiliates. Why? Because that doesn't fit your false narrative of it being Sunni vs Shiite? This simply confirms my point that it's actually Wahhabi vs everyone, not Sunni vs Shiite.

Then there are the Sunnis in Nigeria & Chad, who are also fighting Boko Haram. Even you noted that Boko Haram is the affiliate of ISIS. Yet you completely ignore this. You do realize there are almost 80 million Muslims in Nigeria alone, right? That's more than 3 times as many Muslims as there are in Saudi Arabia. So the Sunnis in Nigeria are also fighting the Wahhabi/Kharijite Boko Haram. But that doesn't fit your narrative so you ignored it.

Saudi, UAE, Egypt all have strong armies with good air forces. Where are these expensive jets and other assets? Why are they not bombing the ISIS but Saudis are killing the Shia Hautis in Yemen.

I already pointed out that Egypt (Sunni majority) is already fighting ISIS in Libya right now. They've been launching attacks against ISIS for months now. And the GCC is dominated by its Wahhabi controlled members Saudi Arabia & Qatar. So why would the Saudis (Wahhabi/Salafi) attack their Wahhabi/Khaijite brethren ISIS & Al-Nusra?

And you might want to know this. It's the Wahhabis & Wahhabi/Kharijites who have the feud with Shiites, not the Sunnis. The Saudi/GCC coalition isn't even fighting the al-Qaeda & ISIS branches in Yemen, who are also fighting the Houthis. So in Yemen, you have the Saudi coalition (Wahhabi/Salafi) ignoring the Wahhabi/Kharijite al-Qaeda & ISIS branches, while fighting the Shiite Houthis, who are also fighting the Wahhabi/Kharijite al-Qaeda & ISIS. That's Wahhabi vs Shiite, not Sunni vs Shiite.

Turkey has air force with several hundreds of F-16s.........why these hanger queens are not dressed up with bombs and sent over the ISIS territory? Turkey also wants Assad gone so it is supporting both FSA and ISIS.

NATO & its Western members have an alliance with the Wahhabi controlled GCC nations. The GCC nations support the petrodollar, invest heavily in Western industries, and purchase lucrative defense contracts from Western countries. And in return, the Western countries support the GCC nations, even placing military bases in them to protect their leaders.

Turkey (Sunni) has the 2nd largest army in NATO, is an ally of the GCC nations, and is trying to gain membership in the EU. Turkey would also benefit greatly from the proposed pipelines from Qatar (Wahhabi) which would send its natural gas to Europe. This would allow Europe to ween itself off of Russian energy supplies. Russia has countered this by proposing to reroute its failed "South Stream" pipeline through Turkey, which would keep Europe dependent on its energy supplies. The West is countering this by sweetening its offers to Turkey, easing restrictions for Turkish nationals in the EU, and reconsidering its constantly delayed hearings to allow Turkey into the EU.

In other words, Turkey has positioned itself to benefit from both the Qatari/GCC's pipeline and the Russian pipeline. And in order to prove itself to the West even more, Turkey has also recently canceled a controversial arms deal with China in favor of a NATO compliant alternative. Turkey's position literally has nothing to do with Sunni vs Shiite or religion at all. It's helping the GCC fight Assad because Assad rejected Qatar's proposal in favor of Iran's proposal. It's using its campaign against ISIS to settle its grudges with its fellow Sunnis, the Kurds. And it's playing sweet with Russia in order to pressure the West to offer more concessions. In other words, Turkey's situation has nothing to do with your Sunni vs Shiite narrative either.

Every single point you mentioned rejects your argument that this is Sunni vs Shiite. And you completely dismissed & ignored my numerous examples showing that. Are you sure you want to keep having this exchange? Because I'm getting bored with repeating myself.

Saddam regime was mostly sunni. And the current make up of Iraq is much closer to 50 50.in fact with the influx of refugees from syria sin is may now have a majority in Iraq. Saddam considered himself secular but was born sunni. And most of the people he put in charge were sunni so it's little surprise he wanted to attack iran.

As far as one terrorist group attacking another all depends on who their backing comes from. If its Saudi Arabia or Iran both find terrorist organizations and both have them in syria.
edit on 11/20/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
ISIS is a Sunni Wahhabi version of Islam which is supported i.e. funded and armed by Saudi Arabia but also UAE and Qatar.

The muslims fighting them are Shia version of Islam which are mainly Assad's Alawites, Hezbulloh, Iran and 80% of Iraq.

On paper, FSA i.e. modification of AQ in Syria is also fighting ISIS but that's on paper only. In reality, most of the FSAs conveniently join the ISIS camps when they find it beneficial to their interests or to save their lives.

ISIS is already in Afghanistan and there is growing mainly by converting Taliban into ISIS. Those who refuse are killed in battle or once they are POWs.

Lastly, as ISIS has declared an Islamic Caliphaite so any and all Sunni terror/fundamentalist/jihadist groups should declare their alliance with ISIS and join the Caliphiate. Boko Haram in Nigeria has already done this.

that is a lie , us in the UAE are against ISIS and also Saudi Arabia has criminalsed those who joined ISIS and those who are to be found supporting ISIS or wanting to join them are sentenced to prison , and by the way ISIS has never fought against the Syrian army they are always fighting against the sunnies .

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I just had to share this short clip.

The look of elation on that soldier's face as he sees his comrades advancing to save him and the rest if his troop is amazing.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Anyone who believes Muslims aren't fighting ISIS has either allowed themselves to be mislead by media propaganda or they simply aren't paying attention. We've been doing air strikes, but the people doing most the fighting on the ground are other Muslims. Muslims make up the majority of their victims, and with that being the case they've also created many Muslim enemies. This idea that all Muslims everywhere are just sitting silently is complete non sense.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Muslims fighting Muslims is nothing new, they've been killing each other for decades.

Yes that little "terrorist" group that Israel is always whining about is also fighting ISIS.

You have a very friendly attitude towards "terrorist"s.

Calling Homeland Security now...

The only people that call Hezbollah terrorist are Israel and it's lapdog nations namely the United States, France, the Gulf Cooperation Council, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands most of the world doesn't view them as terrorist.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Exactly, how is this new news?
Terrorists regimes, fighting each other for power isn't new.
Hezbollah is no different than any other. Their chief may pose as a religious leader, but he has said that it’s good for all the Jews to gather in Israel, because it saves him the trouble of hunting for them throughout the world.
Organizations and regimes whose belief is “Allah is our objective, the Koran is our law, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our way, and death for the sake of Allah is the highest of our aspirations,” cannot be divided up into parts you can talk to and parts that you cannot.

they are all part of the whirlwind that endangers those who do not share their agenda.

There is no such thing as a benign sect of Hezbollah, or Hamas, or Islamic Jihad, or the Salafists, or al-Qaida. Their mission and their aim are plain for all to see. It’s just a question of who can face the truth.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
Hey guys, dont hurt yourself patting yourselves on the back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join