It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A French Muslim speaks his mind after recent events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
LiveLeak link of the French Muslim speaking

Can't say i disagree with anything the guy says. He is basically talking about the non-radical Muslims need to stand up themselves and fight for what's right. And i believe this is true for many nations, not just Muslims.

It's probably irrelevant but I, myself, am not religious.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

They are.

The Kurdish Peshmerga are fighting and beating ISIS where ever they are. They are a true Muslim society fighting for their freedom.

They need not qualify their legitimacy. The blood they spill and the blood they shed themselves speaks for itself.

Peshmerga means "Those who face death". True warriors.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They are.

The Kurdish Peshmerga are fighting and beating ISIS where ever they are. They are a true Muslim society fighting for their freedom.

They need not qualify their legitimacy. The blood they spill and the blood they shed themselves speaks for itself.

Not all Kurds are Muslim. There were Yazidis with the Peshmerga when they retook Sinjar. And the YPG are some of the really hardcore Kurdish fighters.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The Kurdish people are the Palestinians of the Muslim world. No one wants them and they have no true homeland and no one ever helps them but they can and do fight for themselves and others. I don't know much of their history but believe they maybe who holds the key in the middle east to perhaps someday some sort of peace.
edit on 11/19/2015 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

They currently have volunteers fighting with them from all over the world because their cause is truly just. We should be supporting the Kurdish effort as much as humanly possible.

They are Modern Spartans. Warriors that will one day be spoken of as fondly as we idealize the Spartan.

But they are majority Muslim. They are the moderate Muslims that Conservatives in the US ignore.
edit on -06:00Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:37:31 -0600201519America/Chicago2015-11-19T18:37:31-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

People gathered round and took photos, as person after person went up to hug the man. A placard beneath his feet read "I trust you, do you trust me? So hug me!"

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

That's one of the most beautiful displays of human decency I have ever witnessed.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

That was pretty cool. At least original.

Not for nothing but are all French girls good looking? I thought it was TV hype but apparently not so.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It brought tears in my eyes when i saw this, and again now.
I agree fully with you.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I've had the pleasure of dating a couple of French girls when I was a teenager...Worth it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yes they certainly are

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

This guy is absolutely right.

Human beings have a responsibility to maintain their societies and cultures in good standing, and ensure that usurpers are not in their midst, controlling the narrative and making enemies and dividing nations.

But we must remember one simple truth, that alongside this gentleman's righteous belief that it is up to Muslim communities to excise the cancerous filth of terrorism from within their ranks, it is also upon other communities to keep in mind that they also have a responsibility.

People outside the Muslim faith have a responsibility in this, and that is to prevent those who seek to damage the name of Islam from within, from being able to cause fear in the hearts of those who might become their victims. Essentially, this responsibility is about courage. It requires that people simply refuse to fear being blown up, shot at, slashed with blades, even if that is a distinct possibility. It requires that no matter the risk, people refuse to allow their concerns to cause them to hate and fear a group of people based on the POSSIBILITY that individuals within that group may be dangerous. It requires that people have enough courage and conviction, enough love of freedom and equality for all as a concept, that they would rather perish than become phobic, that they would rather die than give in to fear.

Only action from within the Muslim community, and understanding and compassion from without can ever have a hope of solving these issues adequately. Neither thing alone has the power, but unity at any and all costs, supported by a population willing to die for their right to be united as one, preferring death than disunity, preferring to pay any cost to avoid becoming phobic, only this will provide solution. Everything else will result in chaos.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ex-Military Vet

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They are.

Very well said. The Kurds have been fighting for many years and have earned all respect given. Sad thing is they don't get enough.

join