It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sapo ( Swedish security) has raised terrorist threat to level 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Pressconference happening now. Live
Aftonbladet

Translation from the site

Sapo raises the Swedish terror threat level to the second highest - which means that the threat is considered high.
It is the highest terror level that occurred in Sweden.
- Security Service has received specific intelligence that made that we launched a preliminary investigation of preparation for terrorist offenses. A man has been arrested in absentia, said Sapo manager Anders Thornberg.

There is a heightened threat against Sweden.
- Hot level has been raised one step from elevated threats to high threat, said Anders Thornberg, head of the Security Service.
- There are players who have the intention and ability to carry out attacks in Sweden.
It is currently not known any connection to the events in France and Belgium.
One of the reasons is to give the police the opportunity to act with respect to the public, says Sapo manager.
- Violence-promoting extrimism is the biggest threat to Sweden.
The threat level has been raised from elevated (Level 3) to high (level 4) on a five-point scale. The Security Service works to expose, manage and warding off threats, says Anders Thornberg.
- With respect to our operations, we can not reveal what measures we take to avoid threats.

Happening in liberal Sweden which welcomed open hearted everyone in.. no border checkings until week ago. I wonder what they have found out.
edit on 18-11-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

There is ONE terrorist on the run in Sweden who they are hunting.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: spazze

Man from Iraq who had entered Sweden last wednesday suspected to carry out terrorist act.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

exactly

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Are you in Sweden ? Last year they raised level to 3, i wonder what is swedish thoughts about this and how many could be actually in the country ? In here, in Swedish neighbour, last year they suspected the amount in about 300 who are radicalized and dangerous

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Not to make light of the situation. But at least y'all have a simple numerical system. We have the ever confusing colour(pains me to type that as an American) coded terror chart.

I'm don't know if chartreuse or fuchsia is the bad one? Maybe turquoise is bad? Hell if I know.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes, I live in Sweden, and in this town there's a lot of muslims.
To be honest, I don't even knew we were at a 3, hehe

Now a 4 out of a 5.
Well...

My thoughts are not that big about it.
I think Europe is in a lot of fear hype now, hopefully it will calm down soon.
I feel more for the innocent muslims who will recive so much hate stares from Swedish people now, more than before.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

That hasn't been used since 2011.

www.dhs.gov...

When it was used, red was the bad one.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

That was my piss poor attempt at humour.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They do this to discourage and warn. Its a lonewolf who has gone radicalized, wouldnt matter which side he was on..
They gave a profile, Iraq born muslim who fought in Syria on the ISIS side german speaking, meaning you can picture what he will look like..
No country can defend themselves against lonewolves, color and flag wont matter once that person is radicalized.. But one effective medicine against them.. Just MSM the s**** out of them.. They will get spooked.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I feel terribly for the innocents. This attack has harmed people, all people, globally. It will turn people against innocent Muslims, just when they need us most.

ISIL has no respect for anything and values no one. Especially themselves. What a pathetic bunch.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
They do this to discourage and warn. Its a lonewolf who has gone radicalized, wouldnt matter which side he was on..
They gave a profile, Iraq born muslim who fought in Syria on the ISIS side german speaking, meaning you can picture what he will look like..
No country can defend themselves against lonewolves, color and flag wont matter once that person is radicalized.. But one effective medicine against them.. Just MSM the s**** out of them.. They will get spooked.

There is never a lone wolf ... it's a hype, that is used by the state for two purposes. The first, to separate the perpetrator from his support group and discourage his/her support group from further action. Second, to drive a pillar in the populace and tell them that "indidivudality" is a bad thing.

You should be able to understand this, without help ... nobody acts on his own accord, he needs a minimum of mental support.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I agree with you!

top topics

join