It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about that weather Washingtonians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That wind got a little crazy. I was getting a little nervous about a few of the large trees on my property when it really picked up around 5 or so, there were some rather disconcerting noises accompanying the steady drum of debris hitting the roof. Power finally went out, so I said screw the diet it's time for Jack in the Box. Went for a little drive, and was thwarted by a tree across the road.

My pup was nervous so I took him along on my quest for terrible food and a quick line. I love stormy weather so we ended up driving around for about an hour, I've never seen so many places without power at once. I have a lot of fun careening into deep puddles of standing water when no one was around, and going all race car driver around fallen branches.

I think I saw PUD say this was the worst outage on record. Last big storm we had seemed worse, but with far fewer outages. Then again I was running around trying to bring in horses with trees falling across fence lines so perhaps it was just me and this little dust up was actually worse.

Hope all of you guys and gals are safe and well, and that the worst you have to deal with this morning is a tipped over garbage can.

Stay safe and warm!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
yeah crazy wind! we never lost power here but the lights did flickr on and off! i managed to save my garbage cans from toppling over but my neighbors were not so lucky!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
We had the same thing here in western Kentucky tonight! Howling winds. At least one crash sounded like a fairly heavy limb outside. Thankfully, nothing big has hit the house yet but several times I was heard to mutter, "Wind Woman, be kind to my trees, they are very old."
It was a very warm, wet wind here. The temp rose from the mid 60s at sundown to the low 70s by 10 pm.

Stay safe!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

While I was driving around I thought it was weird seeing rows of toppled garbage cans with one solitary sanitation soldier standing stoically straight.

There are some very stubborn cans out there.

Glad you didn't lose power. I actually kinda like losing power for an hour or two, but it sucks when it just drags on and you aren't really prepared to entertain yourself in the dark (shudup).

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Eastern Wash/N. ID had winds gusts up to 70 mph. I don't mind wind and have been through much much more coming from hurricane land but feel bad for those really affected. And blah for the inconvenience as electric was out for hours. It's still pretty windy, trees down, power lines, many still without electric, one injury from a trucking rig flipping over, but two deaths north of here.

Wind storm power outages surpass '96 Ice Storm

SPOKANE, Wash.— The wind stormed that rolled through the Inland Northwest on Tuesday night left more people in the dark than Ice Storm 1996 according to leaders at Avista Utilities.

As of 9:00 p.m., Avista was sorting out more than 161,000 customers who were without power in Spokane County. The outages total about 42% of Avista's customers in Washington and Idaho. Those figures do not include all of the customers with other power companies.

Source

NWCN covers the area wide damage info.

edit on 18-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
It wasn't just in Washington. It was windy as hell where I am. It was strong enough to rock me back on my heels. I'm sitting here listening to yet more gusts right now. Oh joy.

new topics

top topics

join