It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm new to ATS. I hope you all are kind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hello ATS members,

I'm new here and I wanted to introduce myself. I've been part of the truth movement for almost 2 decades and as I fall deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole I manage to alienate someone new in my life on a regular basis. I'm to the point where pretty much no one in "real" life understands me at all and half of them think I'm as loony as they come. I of course see it the other way around. Since I critical think and don't conform to pretty much anything in Modern American society I don't understand how others can't see that when one has no agenda besides truth that they are closer to sane than anyone else on the planet. Most people in my life still have some agenda (religion, self-preservation,not being ridiculed, a political party, being popular, selling their product) the list is endless, I no longer have anyone to discuss anything but the weather with (although that is controversial as well thanks to chemtrails, HAARP, Hiroshima etc.) So, when I think about it, I have no one to talk to.

I have never really been a forum person but after sobbing for an hour the other night because I felt so alone I realized that if I don't find a community somewhere in which I can at least share my opinion with others ,who can relate although may not agree at all times, I was going to go crazy inside my own mind. I know most of you know what I'm talking about and that's all I'm really seeking. Some empathy and understanding from like-minded, truth-seeking peers. So that's my intro story. I'll see you all in the forums! I hope all are nice to newcomers. I can't handle any more rejection for the moment.
Oh, and please be patient with me while I figure out the format and navigation and the social idiosyncrasies of this place.

Hello and thank you!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tomatosoup

I have never really been a forum person but after sobbing for an hour the other night because I felt so alone I realized that if I don't find a community somewhere in which I can at least share my opinion with others ,who can relate although may not agree at all times, I was going to go crazy inside my own mind.

Awww, welcome, come in an sit.

Have we got some engaging conversation for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Lucky for you it's quiet easy! Just jump in and post your thoughts, no one hardly cares that you are new.

And don't be disappointed if not everyone agrees with you. Everyone has an opinion, they are just sharing theirs.

I'm curious what it is you think about strongly. Truthfully. Realistically.

And welcome!

edit on 16-11-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hello tomatosoup...

Let's start with the biggest question first: is it toe-may-toe or toe-mot-toe..?

I myself say po-tot-toe, so that should tell you where I sit on that one.

Well, that's it, no more questions, so sorry if I mislead you.

You sound like you'll fit right in...just watch your 6, be prepared to back up your opinion, and most of all drink before posting.

Cya in the trenches.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
People here can be total jerks sometimes (myself included), but most of the time ATS is pretty friendly. We all get lonely and depressed sometimes (some moreso than others). I'm certainly no stranger to loneliness. If you ever just need someone to talk to, you can always pm me.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Awe, so sorry to hear about your issues but, unfortunately I think we have all experienced it at some point in our journey.

I know I certainly have.

I wish I could tell you that all members on ATS are nice but, it's just not the case. It's just as it is in real life....you have to take the good with the bad.

You will be fine though. There are a lot of great members here. If you ever feel overwhelmed, you can always just take a break or, message a member that you feel comfortable with talking to...

My inbox is always open if you need to vent.

Welcome to ATS!
edit on 16-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Some here are vicious and some will reject you; but don't worry, it's easier to handle rejection when you know you at least have somebody else's acceptance! Welcome!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Hello tomatosoup...

Let's start with the biggest question first: is it toe-may-toe or toe-mot-toe..?

I myself say po-tot-toe, so that should tell you where I sit on that one.

Well, that's it, no more questions, so sorry if I mislead you.

You sound like you'll fit right in...just watch your 6, be prepared to back up your opinion, and most of all drink before posting.

Cya in the trenches.

LOL!

Drinking and posting is horrible advice! lol At least for me anyway.

Oh, and I say it as Toe May Toe. lol

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sounds like you will fit in just fine...

Try not to take things personally,everyone has an opinion and they all differ,disagreement does not necessarily mean dislike...

Welcome and enjoy

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Welcome Tomatosoup, the waters will get a little rough but our Mods and many others will be there to assist you.

Now come sit by the fire, we will wipe your tears off and you can tell us a story in what ever forum fits your topic.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I hope you all are kind.

I like tomato soup. We're cool.

Welcome

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Some people here are really nice, good people. Others, not so much. Just ignore them.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Welcome tomatoesoup. Yummy with croutons and a dollop of sourcream and heaps of cracked pepper. I look forward to hearing what you got to say.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! There will always be some people who may not agree with you, but basically, the ATS family here is just amazing and will be there for you no matter what.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. I totally understand what you are saying. We are being split up into little tiny groups, our focus is being steered away from important things. This has been going on for generations, it is not really a new tactic.

I have to ask you though, how did you get the idea for Tomatosoup. Is it something you just ate for lunch before you signed up?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hello and welcome, enjoy your stay here at the wonderful ATS.

Much love!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
All's Good, Your Never Really Alone

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I am usually jrsy tomato (alltogether) because I live in Jersey and love tomatoes but I'm trying to not come up in my ex-husband's stalker searches so that's the first thing that came to mind. I was at first like I should have some really cool conspiracy name like pyramidgal or illuminatiwatcher but I just went with tomato soup because it's not so controversial
Here I guess it doesn't blend in so well. I sit at the back of the bleachers now. I let the newbies run things because I remember that energetic and unstoppable feeling in the beginning where you are going to save the world. I just add info if it's needed but don't like debating anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you all for your warm welcome
You have been kind.

top topics

join