It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like I'm moving...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
In with you!

On a serious note. It seems I'm going to be leaving my beloved state of Oregon. I have mixed feelings about it and honestly, I am not 100% sure if I'll make the change, as temporary as it will be. The destination in question is New York state. A place I would never have thought I'd end up in a million years. A place called Watertown. When summer comes, another move will take place. This time to a (unknown to me) location in Maine. At least I hear that place is like Oregon, in appearance. There I will stay until fall or winter I guess, then find a place back here in Oregon and move back.

Anyone from the area(s)?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Which area do you have in mind exactly?

LOL

I'm close to many locations you listed.

edit on 15-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Watertown/New York State/Maine.

Not sure where in Maine I'll be. I'm moving in with friends over there.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm from New York...(reading fail, sorry)...I've never been to Watertown but have been to Maine. Nice place.
edit on 15-11-2015 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Are you crazy?

Cannabis in Oregon

Gun laws in Oregon

Their views on free speech:

No law shall be passed restraining the free expression of opinion, or restricting the right to speak, write, or print freely on any subject whatever; but every person shall be responsible for the abuse of this right.

— Oregon Constitution, Art. I §8

Oregon's Bill of Rights - Link

They're one of the few states that make an effort to preserve our freedom.

Let me guess, bored?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well the user name you have reminds me of the last guy I let move in with me...... so I dont think that will be happening.. unless you're a really sexy woman....Then I could probably handle the beer in the morning afternoon and evening......oh yeah I forgot .....middle of the night too....

Btw....Im from Maine.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I love my state and I want to die here.

That said...

I'm a very lazy person. Not proud of it. Working on breaking the nasty habits that go hand in hand with laziness. I've lived at home most of my life. I've never had a job for longer than a handful of months. Something always gets to me and I quit. Basically, a change is needed. My folks are considering moving to Alabama and I have absolutely no desire to follow them to such a place. I don't really have anyone here I can move in with (job or no job). My friends all have their # together, my brothers can't be motivated. I have a friend I met online a few years back that suggested I come out his way. NY for the winter, Maine for the summer. We have similar aspirations and a project we're slowly working on together.

So basically just giving myself kick in the ass to do # with my life.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Hey! Alabama isn't that bad! We have mild winters here at least.

That said, good luck in your future travels,

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

No doubt many of the people of Alabama are great people. And I could easily lose myself in all the historical locations that area of the country has to offer. Along with some cool scenic places. A place I'd visit.

My lack of interest in living there may seem lame, but oh well.

I don't want to be an atheist in the Bible Belt haha.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That's unfortunate, man. I am wanting to leave my state of California in favor of Oregon.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Noooooo!! I know where Trump's Wall should go...

Ok just kidding, I would welcome you in!

There is this funny thing between our two states..

You probably already know it though so I won't mention it.

But you should totally move to this awesome place! How much have you thought about it? Enough to have a general area of interest?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

As a native Mainer, 30+ years in the state, I can tell you that my recent move to south central Washington has reminded me of home. I won't give too much away but I'm 30 minutes from the Columbia and a couple hours east of Portland/Vancouver. The forests and the way of life are quite similar. If I had my way I'd have returned to Maine after my time In Florida which I found to be a place where plant, animal, and man, all wish to take a bit of blood. If it stings, bites, or scams, you can find it in Florida.

Southern Maine is largely deciduous forests, which is a bit different from Washington with all the conifers, but it has the same feeling. Northern Maine is mostly conifers. Maybe it's a bit strange that trees play such a large role in how I associate with a place.

Work is scarce in Maine, more so once you move north of Augusta. Southern Maine in Portland, Lewiston/Auburn, and Augusta still have some jobs. Once you move north of Augusta the pickings get slim. Mainers are good people for the most part. Might take you a bit to get to know them.

I heard a bit of a tale about Mainers that I think is quite accurate. When you move to Maine your neighbors might not bring you a cake when you arrive, but if your house is on fire you can bet your ass they'll show up with a hose. Not easy to get to know, but they help a neighbor.

Edit to add: Portland just passed a law that you do not need a concealed weapons permit to carry concealed.
edit on 11/15/15 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I LOVE living in Oregon. Any part of the Pacific Northwest, really. I know how you feel about having to move. At least you get to come back, eventually!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

California is a melting pot, yet the other states don't want us Californians *single tear forms*

I've been to Ashland, Portland, and Hood River a bunch. I won't be firm on any location until I experience Bend. That place looks great.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

California is a melting pot, yet the other states don't want us Californians *single tear forms*

I've been to Ashland, Portland, and Hood River a bunch. I won't be firm on any location until I experience Bend. That place looks great.

Bend is awesome. And beautiful. Just a warning, though: Bend is a pocket of conservatism in a sea of liberals. It's not like Texas or anything but you may still see some cowboy hats and big trucks with "Nobama" stickers here and there.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm in the PDX area myself. Never been to Ashland actually. Bend though, passing through to see a waterfall haha. Love the high desert up here. Juniper trees smell great!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Really? Well, damn. Wasn't my expectation. I suppose having them is always troublesome. Thanks for the heads up. Still, I think I'd at least enjoy visitation. I'm the outdoorsy type, and the craft beer type. Experiences relayed to me so far are quite welcoming.

PDX = Portland?

Ashland is quite artsy. From what I gathered. I've liked my trips there.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

PDX = Portland?

Yep.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Portland was great.

I didn't enjoy spending eternity in line for doughnuts I will never eat haha

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Talking about Voodoo donuts? I've never actually been.

Me, a car, and the one way city streets don't work for me.

By the way all those one ways lull you into false sense of security when you're going across the bridge only to realize you're in the wrong lane on a two way road..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join