It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: Isn't owning slaves perpetual STEALING?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Since Muslims are not called out specifically... but Christians are, I think we should look to them for the answer to the question.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
First of all Christians are not commanded to own slaves. those in the day of Christ and shortly thereafter who owned slaves did it because that was the culture of the day not because God told them too or gave them instructions to have and keep slaves. In the early days of Christianity some slaves were Christians.

There are no instructions on Christian owning slaves but if they did Paul gave instruction on how they were to keep them.

Having said that the scriptures instructed ISRAEL not Christian in slave ownership and dealings.

Today I do not know of ANY Christians having slaves.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
guys OT scriptures were for Israel in the promised land. Not Christians today.

How many Christians today own slaves?

I don't know of any.

How many muslims own slaves?

LOTS!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Just because you don't know of any doesn't mean there aren't some Christian cultures around the world that may still practice slavery.

I am thinking specifically of the more tribal parts of Africa which is some cases do still practice forms of slavery.

When Christianity takes hold in those areas, it often looks very little like what our version of Christianity looks like because it melds with local culture just like I suspect the Christianity of Roman times, Christ's day looked very little like what we think of in the Western world.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

How is it stealing? The onus is not on us to look at the Bible, what it says, and tell you what it says. It's up to you.

So you research every passage about it, then formulate a well thought out thread using EVERY passage, and we can then move forward.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The problem is though the bible is for us it is not all written to us. That is why we are told to study it and rightly divide it 2 Tim 2:15

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have yet to meet any African tribal Christians who have retained their slaves after getting saved. I minister there in Asia and the US.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have yet to meet any African tribal Christians who have retained their slaves after getting saved. I minister there, in Asia and the US.
edit on 15-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
We dont own slaves. The only people who still have slavery are the middle east and Africa. Most of them are muslim.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join