It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Presidential Debate 11/14/2015

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Tonight's debate will feature the three remaining candidates in the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley.. The debate is hosted by Drake University in Des Moines Iowa, and will be moderated by CBS News’ John Dickerson, along with Nancy Cordes, Kevin Cooney and Kathie Obradovich.

It will be aired on CBS starting at 9PM EST and is scheduled for two hours...

CBS will also stream the debate live here:

www.cbsnews.com/live/

The terrorist attacks in Paris have shifted the focus of the topics according to this NY TIMES article..

While I am disappointed that Jim Webb bowed out, it will be interesting to see these candidates answer questions in regards to terrorism..

MOre options for live streams can be found from the results of this Google search

edit on Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:17:08 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: added google search results for live stream options.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

There's three democratic candidates?

Well, I'd like to hear what Bernie has to say about our Middle Eastern foreign policies. I don't care what Hilary had to say, she's awful.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

With only three candidates left, and two hours of debate, there's plenty of opportunity for them all to make a mark tonight...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, JackKat...

Due to the circumstances in France and the fact my significant other is "on cycle with the moon", I might actually watch this live. Webb is an independent now, right? Funny that an election that has a clown car full of Repubs forces a one-in-four Dem to have to run on the down low. I say that as a lifelong Independent voter disappointed in Bernie for trying to run major party for the first time.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It says something about the state of media in the US when a politically curious and active person like myself finds out about this debate on ATS rather than by the dozens of times he's accessed news during the day.

Maybe it's just one of those things and I wandered past a lot of information without realizing it. Maybe it's commentary about information control. I honestly don't know. What I do know is that the only big media push I've seen about tonight has to do with the UFC and not the DNC.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I think it has to do with the stranglehold the twoparty system has developed here in the US... too many rules, too many mandates as to who qualifies to be on the ballot etc etc...

It's a shame, we lose many of the options, the folks should have, due to that stranglehold...

What's worse is this only happens when most of the folks are indifferent to the process ...

It's so much easier to jump on the bandwagon and voice displeasure for someone, than to find one that speaks to them...

Oh well, another debate, another election season...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The democratic debate will be boring

At least the GOP one can watch clowns perforrm

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I didn't know there was more than two! That third guy, ohwhatshisname, doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

But we both know that the Walking Dead is on tomorrow! Glenn lives I know it!!!!!!

This is why is rarely visit MSN outlets for news. Thanks ATS!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I agree with you wholeheartedly, it's a shame the two party thing has a stranglehold. But those in power in the early days realized the lesser number of competing candidates the better. Although most in the early days were all landowning white guys. Had to own property to vote for too long! The regular people fought their war while the generals on each side had tea and cookies watching from the hill. Holy General Washington included.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Well.. back in those days, land ownership was pretty much what was granted/deeded from England, add in the slave labor and indentured servitude, the rebellion had to come from those who held land & power...

ON another note.. I added a google search result link in the OP for folks who may want to find a live stream, many more options than the CBS deal I originally posted

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

"Martin O'Malley"

Who???

Wow....I didn't know there was a third.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Clintons actions during her tenure as Sec. of State have led to the formation of ISIS, directly or indirectly.

Wonder if she'll blame it on climate change or a video.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

It says something about the state of media in the US when a politically curious and active person like myself finds out about this debate on ATS rather than by the dozens of times he's accessed news during the day.

Maybe it's just one of those things and I wandered past a lot of information without realizing it. Maybe it's commentary about information control. I honestly don't know. What I do know is that the only big media push I've seen about tonight has to do with the UFC and not the DNC.

It's been on cnn online all day.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton should wipe the floor with Bernie Sanders at this debate. Her experience as Secretary of State will completely shine through at times like these.

If Bernie Sanders can't answer the most simple questions about France and Paris specifically, he'll be made to look like a fool in no short order.

Hillary will know ALL the major players, and how various countries will react to this.

Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley had both better do their homework REALLY, REALLY well in order not to look like complete idiots in comparison.

If either of them claim "we didn't have enough time to prepare for questions about this" then they're out of the race.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

There's three democratic candidates?

Well, I'd like to hear what Bernie has to say about our Middle Eastern foreign policies. I don't care what Hilary had to say, she's awful.

LOL. When i saw the ads for the debate, it took be a full 3 minutes to remember who Martin O'Malley was.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Served as Governor of Maryland for 8 years....

en.wikipedia.org...'Malley

CHeck out his wiki, or just listen to him ... he should have plenty of airtime to present his goals...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I agree with you wholeheartedly, it's a shame the two party thing has a stranglehold. But those in power in the early days realized the lesser number of competing candidates the better. Although most in the early days were all landowning white guys. Had to own property to vote for too long! The regular people fought their war while the generals on each side had tea and cookies watching from the hill. Holy General Washington included.

As a rule of thumb for today you are probably right.

However, historically, there was one party at the beginning. The Federalists wanted as much central US government as they could get. Everybody else was the other party, which wasn't a party so much as an attitude against government.

Most folks did not want big government, The Federalist party died and the small government party won all but 2 elections for 60 years.

The strong central government party reincarnated as the Whigs and then the Republicans. The Republicans liked the War Between the States the most.

Lastly, in 1896, both parties were for big government. Voter participation has declined since then.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You didn't realize a third person was there ?
Martin O'malley

I'm not a democrat and realize he is there are you serious?

The main stream media is pushing for Clinton she will be the Dem Nominee!

This is either a case of not knowing your candidates and just voting for the one you know. You people really have no clue of American or world affairs

It's heart breaking what our country has turned into.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Debate is LIVE!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join