It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Unveiling a Cheney Statue: Jesse Ventura Is Bringing His Sledgehammer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

As long as there is an engraving on him that says "War Monger and Scum of the Earth" right there so everyone can read it very clearly then I'll support the measure.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As we know , the biggest criminals are state sanctioned.
They are often CEO's of large companies who don't bid
for contracts , and the multi-billion dollar slush puppies
that go along with it. They get awarded honorary doctorates,
usually live without a heart beat , are heavily protected ,
and... immune to scrutiny , live long evil lives , courted
by many journalists with poo for a nose .
They buy friends , sell out everyone else , and get a freakin'
statue to celebrate their badassery .
.... business as usual !

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I voted for Al Gore. I was against the war. But I was just a young stupid guy. I'm still a stupid guy but getting older. I always felt and still feel some of my diagreements were just naivety. Almost every young person is against war somehow or just goes against something to be cool or disaffected. Maybe it's a way to search for meaning when you're too young to have any.

I try to be as honest with myself as possible. War is sometimes necessary. History doesn't lie. Not long ago it was life. There's a lot of s*** in the world and being isolationist or pacifist doesn't work. But I am deep in my core very fearful, maybe even a coward, so it's against my nature to face these issue. Still I try, out of respect for the people who serve our country.

As I looked at history, especially the 2003 start of the Operation Iraqi Freedom, I realize there was a huge amount of momentum for it. Even the democrats were claiming Saddam was a threat to the world. This wasn't something JUST cooked up by Cheney or Bush. IF it were, it wouldn't have got far. IF anything was wrong about the war, it was that they didn't get explicit approval from the UN. But should the UN be the final decision maker about war? The US, whether we like it or not, made a decision. Bush had a large part in it, but all of us, one way or another, were complicit. Nations all across the world also were by not trying to stop it.

There's so much I could say. I just don't got room for it here and I don't really feel like spilling it all out. Got to sleep so... To keep my post short I just got to say my position is I have respect for the Cheney statue, whether or not I agreed with the war. Same for Bush. I know many people hate Bush. I didnn't like him. But still many DID like him and think his choices were good. What does that say about them or us? I don't know, but it's just hard for me to say Bush or Cheney or mass murderers. They're flawed, sure. The war may have been a mistake. But I'm not ready to put them in the same leauge with Stalin or Hitler or any number of dictator genocidal leaders.
edit on 11/14/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Hogwash. They crucified anyone who spoke against Bush and his wars. Ask the Dixie Chicks. All of my friends and family were dead set against it and wrote our representatives. Lots of people spoke out.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Hogwash. They crucified anyone who spoke against Bush and his wars. Ask the Dixie Chicks. All of my friends and family were dead set against it and wrote our representatives. Lots of people spoke out.

Just one small example. There was consensus on both sides of the party line agreeing Saddam was a bad guy and a threat to the world:

There's in fact a later piece by Al Gore, dated 2001 maybe, where he discuss Saddam. He says similar things, still treating Saddam as a "grave threat". He may not have started the war in 2003 like Bush, had he been president, but nobody should pretend the conflict brewing between us and Iraq rested solely on the shoulders of the Bush administration.

If you're still in dobut then watch this nugget from 2002:

edit on 11/14/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

If given the chance, I will make that site a sanctuary!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I remember all that since I was in my 50's at the time. I also remember that almost every republican voted for the invsion:
Passage of the full resolution[edit]
Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals,[3][8] H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,[9] and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23.[10] It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107–243 by President Bush on October 16, 2002.

United States House of Representatives[edit]
Party Yeas Nays Not
Voting
Republican 215 6 2
Democratic 82 126 1
Independent 0 1 0
TOTALS 297 133 3
215 (96.4%) of 223 Republican Representatives voted for the resolution.
82 (39.2%) of 209 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.
6 (

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Senate Unveiling a Cheney Statue: Jesse Ventura Is Bringing His Sledgehammer - Why not turn it around and use it as monument to his contribution to the planing, management and execution of 911?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Hmmmm. Maybe I'd eat a Dozen Barrels of Rotten Eggs, Some Raw Ogres, Half a ton Of Cabbage, and Fly circles above that Statue until Nature took it's Course!!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just make sure the plaque on the base reads " I helped orchestrate 9/11".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe someone will put the black helmet and cape on it when they unveil it for a laugh. I find it disgusting.

-JV

originally posted by: jimmyx

will it depict him in his black helmet and cape?....jesse, sometimes it's embarrassing to be an American, and this is one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join