It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Well, sorry I offended you.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

You didn't offend me. The point is that reason is a necessity.Without reason, you may as well not even speak.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Ok, you got me somewhere. Though out of experience I am convinced there are things who do not reason and no, I'm not talking about plants.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm afraid i'm not fully understanding, could you elaborate?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Sorry, I can't, it can only be understood from own experience.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201

First of all I would like you to define what is called "cold truth" for me and share how you feel when encountered with it. How does it make you feel? Does it bring joy in your heart or does it give you the feeling of how I would define it, being mentally unstable.

What I seem to be aiming at is this. Do you consider what is called "cold truth" to be constructive? Is there any way to handle something as "cold truth"? Does it bring you any further on your path to selfawareness or does it bring your path to selfawareness to a halt?

There is a great gap between 'honest words' that are viciously used with which to egoically bludgeon people, and the 'Honesty' that is an unconditional Virtue that appears with all other Virtues of unconditional Love;

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

Loving 'Honesty' is always 'Compassionate' and 'sympathetic' and 'empathetic', etc...!

All that is, all the words, all that is perceived, experienced, the entirety of Reality is Truth!
All inclusive!
To 'believe' that you alone speak 'Truth', ever, is insanity!
We do not 'tell the truth', we are Honest, or honest, or lie.
We erroneously conflate 'Truth' and 'honesty'!
The ego (thought/imagination) uses it to it's own ends.
Usually because few ever experience the unconditional Love from which true unconditional Honesty derives.

What is your opinion on reason?

All 'reason', all 'meaning', exists in the (insane if you believe it) duality of thought/imagination (ego) of the beholder!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
The only cold hard truth I know is that we don't know the truth...

You say this, and yet say this;

The truth lies somewhere in the middle...

How does that work? *__-

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

First of all I would like you to define what is called "cold truth" for me and share how you feel when encountered with it. How does it make you feel? Does it bring joy in your heart or does it give you the feeling of how I would define it, being mentally unstable.

What I seem to be aiming at is this. Do you consider what is called "cold truth" to be constructive? Is there any way to handle something as "cold truth"? Does it bring you any further on your path to selfawareness or does it bring your path to selfawareness to a halt?

My interpretation of cold hard truth being self awareness to a maximum.

The cold hard truth of life: We are all just beams of light using reality as a distraction from the fact that we are just particles, playing around to pass the endless time we have.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

My interpretation of cold hard truth being self awareness to a maximum.

The cold hard truth of life: We are all just beams of light using reality as a distraction from the fact that we are just particles, playing around to pass the endless time we have.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Knowing where truth lies isn't knowing what the truth is.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Is there such a thing as warm/hot truth?

The only truth that matters is

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Cold truth, is the truth presented in such a way that is direct and at the same time piercing. Like an ice cold wind that cruises over your face and reminds you that the universe is a cold space. So why not light the fire?

Ice cold mountain, Cuts hearts open, Tears lay hidden, Till words are spoken. There is no way of knowing, When the cold mountain, Cuts hearts open. Just keep on walking, Faithfully without hoping. She knows your each and every step, And all the difference Between truth and empty talking. Look at the birds in the sky, Sure they fly high, But when they land, as they must, Watch their footwork in the dust. Others walk carelessly, confusing firm land, with ice or images born to entice. Were all just learning to walk, In the ice cold mountain. Where the rocks and clouds, Are always kissing.

edit on 15-11-2015 by ancientthunder because: add link

edit on 15-11-2015 by ancientthunder because: bad link

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
a reply to: namelesss

Knowing where truth lies isn't knowing what the truth is.

Of course it is!
Knowing where an apple lies isn't knowing what an apple is?
How can you not know what it is, and yet be able to recognize it to know where it lies??

You said that we don't know what 'truth' is, and then you negate that by claiming knowledge of 'truth'.
Again, how does that work?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If you deny the truth about x, you thus believe there is some place where there is no x, and thus perhaps one day you might be able to escape x.

Without these concepts of paradise, without the belief that we can totally escape our problems owing to some kind of "key" that we have not discovered yet, we are totally faced with reality.

I remember once, delving into my past, something very "real" that happened to me, yes, yes, I was skinned alive.

The experience itself, abject torture, was something new to me, I had never experienced such pain before, like a nightmare that did not end, screaming at the top of my lungs.

When all was done I did become quite opposed to the individual that had harmed me, however, later on, I did observe that individual being tortured as well, and it was then that I realised the meaning of pain, and yes, yes, we became friends.
edit on 18-11-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join