It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Veterans Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I know it's a day late, but I posted one day late for a reason. In my opinion everyday day is veteran's day.

Please click the video while reading the post, for a beautiful version of "Amazing Grace". Thanks.

Most veteran's past, or present are people with very high standards and moral character. Veteran's have fought, and many gave their lives for a cause that allows people to enjoy the freedoms we now have; And although tyranny both foreign and domestic try to rob of us of these freedoms, there are those that will always believe that what they do is worth the ultimate price, and that is giving up their lives.

Veteran's have gained experiences, live with nightmares, horrors, and guilt that most will never know, especially the ones that did active tours. These soldiers also hold, in their hearts; Loyalty, honor, love, and a strong belief in the US constitution, that so many take for granted.

Veteran's are father's, mothers, son's, daughters most of which came from humble roots, they have a level of understanding that most politicians, bankers, and large corporate CEO's will never know.

May there one day be a time when greed, corruption, hatred and self-interest will ceased to exist, but for now may peace, love and eternal happiness shine on those veterans that have passed, or have given their lives for what they believe in.

To all those who have lost family members, fellow veterans, and friends I leave you with this.

- Silence -

edit on 12-11-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

That was lovely. My father was a war vet lost to us a few years ago. The last time I heard this song was at his funeral service. Sad then, but beautiful today.

Again, thank you for your thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thank you my friend. All of us that are active appreciate any acknowledgement that we get. And thanks to all the ones that have served before is...

new topics

join