It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Plight of the Third Party: Alex Logan Goes On The Grid at Politicon 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I send his Vigilant Producer Alex Logan "on the grid" to Politicon 2015 to discuss third parties. Even at a convention by and for political wonks, most people openly admit they won't break their addiction to the two-party system, because they would much rather win! Wait until you hear what I have to say about that.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I totally get this concept... look at Bill Clinton's reelection... LOL

Guys like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have to identify as Tea Party Republicans, rather than the taboo label of "Libertarians"; lest, they be charged with hate crimes under the current "management"... that management includes the MSM outlets that publicize the primary races as Vegas promoters place odds. For them, it isn't "discussion"... it's ratings...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The plight of the third party is due to a simple failure to understand how to establish as a national option in a Congressional or Presidential election. As long as these third parties are busy running failed Presidential campaigns rather than building up from successful terms as mayors, county commissioners, state legislatures, they will always fail.

I know people hate the "career politician" but politics is a career path. And I don't care what you alternative ideas are, unless you have a proven track record of success in governing, legislating, etc. you are not going to get the votes on a national scale. That isn't the two party system screwing the little guy. That's the American voter having no confidence in your ability to lead a country.

(post by JamesHale removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
good one

(post by ellascott removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join