It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Vet Day: Real respect for vets is fighting western neo-imperialism and unjust wars.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I can imagine you have drawn pay from the FED or some other countries coffers.

Because I call out our foreign policy? By the way, dismissing someone as a "shill" rather than actually debating real points isn't a real argument.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

Iraq was a follow up to a war that occurred in the 90's. Saddam's ability to make war was seriously diminished, but he used his power to commit genocide in the North, against Kurds that were promised US backing in the 90's. 21? Violations of the ceases fire. He did have WMD.

I agree that we use our military selectively for advantageous reasons, but there is still value in nation building.

I do disagree with foreign policy on occasion, but I don't pretend to understand all the reasons we use troops in combat, I have to rely on faith in elected officials. Bush made it a point to meet with the families of the fallen, he was in no means isolated from the harsh realities of war... that says a lot to me.

You do realize that many of the chemical weapons that Saddam used were provided by the US right? Beyond the Kurds, there is evidence the US provided targeting intelligence for chemical weapon attacks on the Iranians during the Iraq Iran War.

Further, there is nothing in international law that provides for the US unilaterally attacking Iraq the second time, even if Saddam DID have WMDs. This is important for you guys to realize. It is still illegal. The law is clear, which you can research for yourselves.

Yes, I am all for real facts and history.

The bulk of history of the last 70 years supports my op very strongly. That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. It is important to note that many even mainstream historians have a view approaching mine.

It's also important to note that a large portion of the world outside of the US sees things just like I am laying out, that US foreign policy is for empire and power, nothing else.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Happy Vet Day indeed.

Now, I can respect these guys...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Violations of the ceasefire were reason enough to go to Iraq the second time. I am well aware that Saddam had received US assistance during the Iraq/Iran war. I am familiar with much of the same information as you, possibly more, maybe a little less, and plenty of the conspiracies surrounding the wars, but I have a different view point. It is possible for people to have opposing viewpoints via the same info, is it not?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join