It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Educayshun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

My girlfriend just showed me this gem here. It's pretty funny unless you are of the perpetually offended type.

I think what is most terrifying about this video is the fact that the end scenario, and events portrayed in it are literally not outside of the realm of possibility, despite it's obvious exaggerations.

All I have to ask is this: Is anyone else just as scared for our future as I am after watching this video? I mean we are literally seeing the beginnings of every ridiculous concept this video presents: From the right to not be offended (The Missouri case comes to mind), to the handicapping of people based upon mere facets of their being (Female, Bisexual, etc.), even to the messages that it's all about equality even when the topic at hand has nothing to do with social justice (There are literal books that put a social justice slant on freaking math)

I fear for our future because despite this video being obvious satire and comedy, it's not far from the truth, and we in fact actually already have one foot in the water on virtually everything talked about in it.

Thoughts?

Edit: Bleh, I don't know how to embed videos still . . . .
edit on 11-11-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Here you go bud.
I can't watch it right now but I will watch it later.

ETA: Ok, finally got around to watching it.
All I really have to say is how sad it is that this is where we seem to be headed.
How pathetic our not too distant future looks.
edit on 11-11-2015 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Quite entertaining and thought provoking!
Thanks for putting it up!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow. This is what I imagine the school system in Orwell's 1984 would be like. With some of the stuff I see online concerning the school system, and common core in particular, I can see this coming. I'm just glad that I am done with school. I worry about the coming generations if things don't straighten out though.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I can't believe this thread isn't getting more attention. That alone is scary. The video, well, it's a lot closer than many would like to think! Looking at cases where school officials face losing their jobs over claimed offensive comments from others, or Halloween costume memos, this is not far from the reality at all.

S&F.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Becuase of the 43% graduation rate at Florida two year colleges, Florida legislatures are passing laws requiring two year colleges to have a 100% graduation rate. This means students will graduate from a two year college in Florida regardless of what their aptitude is. Very disgusting, IMO.

By the way, the Japanese actor's role reminds me of a typical US government civil service worker, lol.
edit on 22-11-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have to agree that there are dangerous precedents being promoted by various groups. It seems that political correctness has morphed into a monstrous means to silence. To instill fear of using critical thought. It is a weapon being used for all the wrong reasons. The process is being taken advantage of, and my thoughts return to one of our own ATS members, TrueBrit, who has been the victim of this phenomenon.

I watched the video below and I am certainly bewildered on how the reasoning of the protesters have shutdown. They have passion that's a given but I also observe it as being tainted by the evidence of their reactions. There are mild indications of brainwashing/mind control, a subject that I'm familiar with.

The journey down the rabbit hole never ceases it's weird.

University of Missouri student and ESPN photojournalist Tim Tai argues with students at University of Missouri, Monday, November 10, 2015. Tim Wolfe had resigned as University of Missouri System president. Minutes later students created a human barrier between the ConcernedStudent tent village and about 50+ journalists.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The most hilarious thing is how they tried to align the concepts of intellectualism with anti-PC propaganda. They are implying that being open-minded socially makes you close-minded academically. The opposite is commonly accepted as a correlation.

It is academia and science that have driven the realization of culturally-imposed prejudices and that most of our hate, fears, and discrimination can be refuted with knowledge.

This video is just more "If I offend you, it's freedom but if you defend yourself, it's persecution" that fundamental Christians love to cling to like a life raft.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Abysha because: Clarity

join