It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Ancient Astronaut Theory Explain the Last 100,000 Years of Human Evolution?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: YankeeZephyr
Here is my theory on the subject of UFOLOGY.

Unidentified Flying Objects | Fallen Angel Bloodline | Supernatural Beings = (267) + (177) + (222) = 666.

Maybe they are of a Luciferian order?

What do you mean by "Luciferian?"

Doesn't "Lucifer" actually mean "Light bearer" or "bringer of the dawn" or "morning star" or "Venus?"

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If your ancestors fought any sort of war than you are damaged.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab

Then, I fear, we are all damaged...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

And this is supposed to mean what exactly?
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Is this supposed to be some sort of poorly thought out pacifist statement?

If so, well done "Stab Stab".
edit on 16-11-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmic911

originally posted by: HorusChrist
we do have to toss out all religious things because they rely on faith not evidence. but where is the evidence of ancient aliens? guy with crazy hair discredits that idea. . . is that on purpose or not . . . have to assume on purpose.

Hell, a lot of our science and medicine is not based upon objective evidence, let alone religion and faith. Polarizing issue to be sure.
if so then they are incorrect to call that scientific . . . in terms of medicine I suppose you consider certain drugs where the manufacturer pays off the FDA to allow them to lie on the labels . . . even then often times they make them put warnings on labels like "may cause drowsiness " stuff like that I'm ok, scientifically it makes sense. But yeah there are charlatans out there saying they are scientists, if we ask them for proof and they don't give it . . . credibility lost, just like here with UFOs.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmic911

we do have to toss out all religious things because they rely on faith not evidence. but where is the evidence of ancient aliens? guy with crazy hair discredits that idea. . . is that on purpose or not . . . have to assume on purpose.

Hell, a lot of our science and medicine is not based upon objective evidence, let alone religion and faith. Polarizing issue to be sure.
if so then they are incorrect to call that scientific . . . in terms of medicine I suppose you consider certain drugs where the manufacturer pays off the FDA to allow them to lie on the labels . . . even then often times they make them put warnings on labels like "may cause drowsiness " stuff like that I'm ok, scientifically it makes sense. But yeah there are charlatans out there saying they are scientists, if we ask them for proof and they don't give it . . . credibility lost, just like here with UFOs.

I would agree that it's Not scientific. Yes drug manufacturers lying to customers about effectiveness of medications, and paying off the FDA is criminal, and not scientific. In medicine there are many more examples of non-evidenced based practice occurring than just the obvious examples noted above. One example might be the AMA signing off on 'something' from a study that was flawed, for any number of reasons. While it might not be as nafarious as the drug company scandals, it's still problematic. AHA CPR guidelines constantly change because of studies, some proving or disproving the accepted medical practice is or is not effective. We want the best available evidence and data before making changes. That's the 'scientific' you are looking for. Great examples.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
In answer to the OP thread title, NO.

Personally I don't have any problem thinking that humans are very capable of accomplishing everything they have done in history. Regardless of how big the leaps may be interpreted to be and however most will perceive as unbelievable. "F" the aliens/gods/whatever, WE did this... and will continue to do it.

It's inevitable that any intelligent species will at some point witness its own unwarranted compounding acceleration and wonder how the hell it happened, but to blindly and willfully outsource it to aliens/gods/whatever instead of take full credit of it is embarrassing, IMO.

I bet the survivors of whatever apocalypse humanity encounters in the unseen future will blame it on aliens/gods/whatever. Regardless of the of evidence to the contrary...

edit on 19-11-2015 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lost_Mind

I've never really subscribed to the theory that 'giant' humans or aliens built the pyramids. It's arbitrary to suggest aliens build the pyramids then left. Like cathedrals, the pyramids took many years to build. People say 'we are unable to replicate the process they used to build the pyramids.' I'm not an engineer but I am sure some of the techniques the Egyptians utilized to carve the stones and build the tombs has been 'lost' over the thousands of years since they were built. I'm open to a lot of possibilities, however, so let them fly!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
From the way the catholic church carried on, I think that was the one entity that held back human knowledge, I think it was Copernicus who had a hard time with the church, and gallilao, (that might not be the correct spelling), there are others.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Galileo's infirmities and age are probably the two things that prevented the Church from burning him alive or taking his head. I believe he spent his remaining nine years on house arrest as an alternative to death. I think the European inquisitions lasted approximately 200 years, that is a lot of time time combating 'unrepentant heresy,' as they liked to call it. Once found initially guilty by the Church, the accused were handed over to secular authorities to render a final conviction and execution. The Catholic Church invested a significant amount of time shaping world history to fit their view points. I'd love to have unrestricted access to the Vatican's historical archive! That would be an amazing experience.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think the very presence of Alien observers would cause an increase of technological development, because it would appear that if evolution isn't to their liking they will destroy it. When we consider the Permian Mass extinction and the Jurassic extinction, life had reached a more or less stationary point of evolution whereby no new life could develop, that might reasonably be expected to raise a civilized culture. One might also ask just how long have Aliens been around? As far as universal time goes, Humans are very much late-comers.
With the advent of faster than light travel for Alien life, this too represents a major change for a Planetary culture. A 'Super-Luminal' culture would mean an entirely different society than the one we are used to. If Einstein is right (and there is no reason to doubt him), the closer one travels to the speed of light, the slower elapsed ship time. What does this mean? Well, for instance if we could develop a craft that continually accelerated at 1G it would be able to circumnavigate the known Universe in about 56 years of ships time. Of course, since no object can travel faster than light - by then - the earth would be a burnt out rock and the Sun a fizzled white dwarf. Although it is a difficult concept, the speed of a craft would be measured by its ability to travel ever closer to 'C' and thus lower the ships time to its destination. [We aren't quite there yet] because if one individual decided to visit a Stellar location 20,000 LY away and this took 4 days ships time and another individual decided to wait at home for them; the planetary bound individual would have to wait 40,000 years before his friend returned. Yet the traveler would have only experienced a little more than a week away. These times might seem great to us but in terms of Geological Time they are a heartbeat.
So even though man (or Grey) might only live for three score years and ten, with the advent of Super Luminal travel a lifetime could easily span several million years of geological time. When it comes to Human observation, if a visitor is expecting a new development of Earth bound culture and does not see it, either they can wait around for a few millennia or have a jaunt to another Stellar location and by the time they have returned, many thousands of years will have passed here on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join