It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: ATS Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, and more...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you for all the valuable information. I will try to be an asset rather than a liability.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

HAH!!!

Legend Of the Seeker, right? I love that show!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What is the comments module for? It asks for an intro so is this like an informal intro forum? Just curious and getting familiar with the surroundings. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't understand why I got docked 500 or so points?? Did I piss someone off? Because it was unintentional. Do you recieve a message when you piss someone off?

Edit... Nm, I did piss someone off and aperantly that carries a 500 point deduction... Although may I ask what it was I said to piss mod off? The post was removed so how can I know what not to say again.
edit on 4-4-2013 by tinyDAWK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hi. New here.... I'm see that I can't post on the 9/11 Betty Ong forum regarding her phone call. Would like to message the moderator of the thread...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Kate46
Hi. New here.... I'm see that I can't post on the 9/11 Betty Ong forum regarding her phone call. Would like to message the moderator of the thread...

Your best bet is probably to either use the "contact us" link in the footer or get in touch with one of the Super Moderators listed on the front forum page. You can find that by clicking the "forums" link above.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I would like to suggest and addition to the rules and guidelines here.

I have had numerous experiences with a handful of people who continually use the same tactic on multiple threads.

Someone will contribute an opinion or observation to a thread. Sometimes within seconds another person will deny the statement that was made and demand that the person making the statement provide cited references and links to credible sources. Worse yet, they often do not acknowledge or blatantly refuse to accept the information offered in support of the original statement. And they do this without offering any kind of support or documentation for their own statements or beliefs. This amounts to nothing more than sniping and should not be allowed.

When I doubt the voracity of a statement someone makes on a thread here, unless I know for a fact what the truth is, I at least make a good faith effort at finding out for myself. Once I have reason to suspect the information presented was inaccurate I will state my case. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.

The prevailing trend here seems to be that it is ok to deny whatever you want for no reason other than the fact that you want to, then demand that people expend extra effort to provide you with enough references to convince you they are right. No one owes these people anything yet they act like everyone owes them answers. To make matters worse, they tend to deny whatever references you provide to them anyway.

I would like to suggest that people be given the benefit of the doubt first. If you doubt what someone is saying make your own effort to find a real reason to doubt them, and if you find it - share it. If you cant or wont find a reason to doubt them, keep it to yourself. Or at the very least, ask a question to help clarify the statement. If you just deny something simply because you can you will accomplish nothing other than insulting people and distracting others from the topic of conversation In the process.

It all comes down to treating people the way you want people to treat you. Fair is fair. If you are going to go off on someone because they used anecdotal information, you should be prepared to provide more than anecdotal information in return. If you are going to demand references and links to credible sources you should be prepared to do the same when someone makes that demand of you. If you think a source is not credible, that is your problem. Any source is capable of telling the truth. Do not deny truth because it comes from a place you believe is not credible. Instead, address the specific statement being made, not the person or source making it. If you find it to be flawed, say so. If you don't, maybe you were wrong all along.

It cant hurt to give people the benefit of the doubt. That doesn't mean you have to believe everything they say. It means you can do some research on your own and find out if you have a reason to doubt them or not. Who knows, maybe you will learn something along the way...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hi, I am currently subscribed to a thread and there is a member that is an avid naysayer of the topic discussed. He posts 4-5 negative or debunking if you will, posts in a row. It has changed the character of the oringal intent of the topic and in my mind disruptive....so much so I don’t care to visit the thread.Can I complain about this members contributions what is the ATS protocol in this situation if any? Thanks, more or less new to this.... a reply to: SkepticOverlord

edit on 5-8-2018 by Bmused7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bmused7

Use this link here, and it will explain how to report posts and threads to the ATS staff:

How To Properly Alert Posts and Threads

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Very helpful! Many thanks.....a reply to: eriktheawful

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks…

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join