It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of death (Death always wins and it sucks)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
No one gets out alive, that's just the fact of the matter... Kind of makes a lot more sense to reminisce about a persons life, rather than to just remorse there death. When you consider that its just the natural order of reality.

But, having said that, I'm 32 and have never personally known anyone who was close to me in any kind of way die... Its kind of weird really. Like, people obviously die all the time, yet no one I've ever known on a personal level has ever actually died.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I'm sorry to hear.

My good friends and neighbors just unexpectedly lost their dad to a massive heart attack two nights ago. Very sad to see, and it brought me back to when I was 16 and my grandpa, whom I loved and adored, died of a heart attack in his back yard while picking oranges off of his fruit trees.

Death truly does suck for the living. But hang in there as best you can--which is easier said than done.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I just want to thank everyone for the kind and inspirational thoughts, videos and pics.

I had a good nights sleep and feel much better about things today. Still sad but coming to grips about it now.
Even though I am running out of friends in my everyday life it's good to know i have made some here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. And I am going through the same. My dad died in 2008 and my mom just passed a week ago and I am just 32. I do have other family so I'm not completely alone. But I feel alone. It was bad enough when my dad passed. But I've just been so depressed for this last week since my mom died. IM trying to make myself feel better and over time I'm sure i will. So I'm sure over time you will start to feel better too. This is actually my very first post on ats. Hope I did this right.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I lost both of my parents in 2007 and have no living relatives left.

Good grief.

I take it you have no siblings then?

Were you an only child or did your siblings pass away?

Anyway...

It is a hard but simple fact that the longer you live, the more isolated you get (I was going to say "lonelier", though that's not necessarily true for all of us. I'm one of those people who is happiest in his own company...I used to think it was a curse, but I am beginning to see it as a hidden blessing as I drift inexorably towards old age).

If it's any comfort, my parents have passed too (2002 and 2009), though I have five siblings still living.

I could never countenance the thought of my parents dying; it was too painful and I would actively push the thought from my mind. I just 'knew' I would be a broken man, come the sad day.

Yet here I am, years later, getting on with it as though nothing happened. You do get used to things over time, no matter how distressing.

What I find sad is hearing about celebrities of yesteryear passing away, especially those who were happy, avuncular figures to me through the TV screen as a growing child.

I will feel particularly sad when the remaining Beatles pass away because I've got a stronger emotional bond with this band and their music than most people do. Through a process of mild brainwashing.

When I was about two, my mother would play Beatles stuff on the record player to keep me occupied while she got on with the housework.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join