It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to all Veterans

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
From a Fellow Veteran I wanted to reach out to all veterans and their family's to thank them for the service that they have dedicated to their countries to support the freedoms that we have today. No matter where you are we all have something in common that others would never understand. The 11th month and 11the day at 11 is for all to remember all those that have sacrificed so much.

Thank a veteran and post any memories of those that are love and or fallen

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Thanks, it means everything.

I hope you are yours are well and thriving.

Let's keep this fight rolling without the blood!

Cheers!

Edit to add my grand pappy served in a work camp, and every generation since.

Peace.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm not a veteran and although my father served in the ARMY, it was during peace time (stationed in Germany well after WWII).

That being said, I sincerely thank you and all your brethren for the enormous gift you give to the rest of us. A sense of safety and security. Something to be proud to support.

I know in the big picture this may mean close to nothing, but many of us pray for you often.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more. I have 2 over seas now...right or wrong doesn't cover the life and death dedication of all you fine men and women. Thank you

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My brother leaves for Kuwait in a few days. SFC E7 Army. He gets to start ACAP (20 year retirement process) when he gets home. God bless each and every one of you.

Thank you all

Right or wrong, he hugs his wife and children and deploys for us all. A real man.
edit on 9-11-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Big respect to all those brave souls and to all that's served!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have to share this with you.

I was speaking with a 93 year old Vet on Sunday. He was talking about how good his life has been, he said he has no real regrets, so he is ready to move on when the time comes. I was telling him how great he seemed to be doing, and how grateful I was to him for all he gave to me with his sacrifice and dedication to our country. He said something then that cracked me up.

He said, "You know I used to wonder why all the sudden people are telling me; Thank you for your service." He said, "You never used to hear that." "Back during the war and when we came home, nobody ever said thank you for your service." "Then I realized the reason we never said it, was everybody was in the service, or had a brother, sister, mother, father; some relative or love one, that was or had been in the service." "Hell if we said thank you for your service every time we saw a Vet, we would have never had time to say anything else."

When I said good by to him, he said how good it made him feel for me to take the time to talk to him. I assured him the pleasure was all mine. As I was walking away, he called my name, I turned around, he said, "Thank you for your service". I cracked up again.

By the way, to all my fellow Vets. "Thank you for your service".

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Those in the military don't get nearly enough credit for the sacrifices they make for all of us.

God bless all of you.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
How is deploying to Iraq or Kuwait protecting my freedom? What sacrifice is being made on my behalf?

It was said so I'm just wondering. Just real questions.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Really? Go troll somewhere else
a reply to: Logman

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thank you to all of our veterans here on ATS and elsewhere.

I commend your bravery and the sacrifices you have made.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And thank you for your service brother. I wish everyone who could serve, would, just to fully understand what it's all about. Sure it's sacrifice and some fear, but it's also friendship, amazement, learning, and living to a degree you had no idea was possible.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Logman

Its not "protecting your freedom" nor my freedom nor anyone else's "freedom".

The Military Industrial Complex is alive and well ie the war-for-profit industry.

Are there good, sincere men and women who believe that they are doing something "good"? Absolutely. But the fact is that our government has turned the US into a state of constant war.

Since WW2, our government has embarked on a non-stop global mission to overthrow governments, install dictators and wage illegal, immoral wars of aggression.

"Protecting our freedoms" is a mantra used by TPTB for the brainless masses in order to spin the military's actions into a positive light.

They goal: create an environment where criticizing the military or its members is akin to treason.

Want to "protect my freedoms"? Put a stop to the Police State Industrial Complex.

Do something truly worthy of thanks and follow the example set by this American hero:

Officer Faces Court-Martial for Refusing to Deploy to Iraq .

It was my duty to refuse to go to Iraq, says first American army officer facing court martial.

Soldier's Iraq war stance backed Watada has right to refuse to go, retired officer says.

Under principles established during the Nuremberg trials after World War II, she noted, people have an obligation to oppose a government that is conducting a war of aggression.

"We are very proud of him," said Robert Watada. "Contrary to what people think, that he is a traitor, he took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States. That's what he's doing."

edit on 10-11-2015 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Please share your opinion on some other thread. A simple thanks to veterans thread on the day before Veterans day isn't the place for your anger. It would be like standing up at your wife's funeral and telling everyone how fun she was in bed. Bad timing, poor taste. Don't be that guy.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Thank you to all my fellow Veterans who have all served our country. I'm proud of my son who is still serving and thankful that he is not deployed in Jordan right now. My sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones there this past week. My son was there this time last year and I'm relieved he's back on American soil.

join