It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Million Mask March

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Getting its name from the former Million Man March, the annual international protests called the Million Mask March took place in several different cities from different countries to protest civil injustices including government spying, police brutality, GMOs, the one percent and it's corruption.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

These kind of events are widely to be funded by groups such as MI6. Certainly they have had agents in the field to incite other people to riot and thus be the focus of TV news and allowing the fact that there is too much corruption in officialdom to be fully realized by the rest of the population. They just say 'meh.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Good to see reporting on RT. People who tend to protest in Russia get the whole lot. Including dead.

I have no problem with people demonstrating, but the issues in these protests are just too wide ranged and they attract every niche possible. The fact that they end up with violence should not be celebrated.

Edit to add that a few hundred protestors here and there does not make a "million". Perhaps they should rename it and call it the "Few Hundred".
edit on 8/11/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

It makes me angry that they DARE use MLK's moment of glory for this trash. That was real, this is just coward no brain protesting. MLK and his people did not wear masks. It is a laughable spectacle of brainless directionless protesting.

Don't you dare use that sacred term for this utter bs! Angry as hell at you horrid little thugs who can't handle democracy and so like a child in a tantrum go out and smash everything up.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

"They just say 'meh."
They've started already, see posts under your own.

"these protests are just too wide ranged"
Because they are all connected.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

"democracy"
This isn't democracy!
ATS is full of threads where the people don't agree/want current policy.
WTF are you on about?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Because they are all connected.

Too bad more people don't see that. The Austerity protests in EU, The various separatists movements, the Arab Spring, Occupy, the riots in South America, HongKong, Mexico.

Hell even the military conquest in the ME, Ukraine and Africa all stem from the rising up and refusal to submit to the current Hegemony.

And all presented in the main dream under different names, peoples and causes.

Divide and conquer, divide and rule.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
A world wide smoke screen for something bigger.
What could be bigger than world corruption and its fall.

We are almost at tipping point, more and more are changing their view and opinion of some of our finest politicians.

Thank you protesters. masked or not.
At least someone cares enough to stand up.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

What could be bigger than world corruption and its fall.

A ring side seat.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I am all for protests like this to show that people are basically unhappy with their lot at the moment...but I get frustrated because they appear to be treated as naughty children in the MSM and the governments concerned seem less than concerned that they are happening.

I don't know how else the "people" can get their dissatisfaction across but these marches appear to do nothing.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And I thought it was only me.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Wow...

You really have not got a clue have you?

These protestors are not protesting against democracy in the least. They are protesting against actions, effects, and results of the behaviour of governments and corporations which, by colluding together, have enslaved people all over the world, locked them into situations from which they cannot escape, done things in the name of their people which those people would look poorly upon for good reason, and have never been held accountable for those actions.

They are protesting because democracy has been hijacked out from under the governed, to the point where it is literally impossible for the population of a nation to elect representatives who actually represent them, rather than the minority of wealth holders and corporate interests in their nations, and they are protesting a huge number of other injustices globally, ones which we all agree are terrible in their aspect, and could, SHOULD be solved as a matter of urgency.

You may not like their methods, you may not like their masks, but to suggest that they are protesting because they do not believe in democracy is a huge error. They are protesting about the issues that matter to all of us, everyone. They are protesting against government spying, which any liberty loving individual should get behind. They are protesting against corruption, which steals money from the pockets of the taxpayer, and places it in the hands of private interests. They are protesting about war crimes, which any population anywhere should get behind, because without accountability, their is no justice, and without justice, there is no society, just tyranny. They are trying to protect what remains of democracy, not destroy it, clean it up, not cover it in dirt and put a gravestone beside it.

Your understanding of their aims is not just flawed. It is non existent.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
if they addressed the issues we would not have to march,its that simple

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have no quarrel with Anonymous ... nor with the wearing of a mask
Unfortunately anyone can wear that mask and undermine their cause ... even secret services.
Yet to openly show one's face if serious about one's cause puts one and one's family in danger

The core members of Anon are indeed serious

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"Behind this mask, is an idea. And ideas are bulletproof".

The mask is an idea that people wear like others might wear a cross or a tattoo. It says that as individuals we might be divided by race and religion, but as a society we are united in an ideal. More to the point, we are the foundation of any virtue or vision the government may strive for, and if we burn, so will they.

I was V for Halloween. Political debate aside, that movie is cinematic poetry.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People are waking up. Go read the comments on a US propoganda piece over on Yahoo for example.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
People are waking up. Go read the comments on a US propoganda piece over on Yahoo for example.

Link??

Yahoo is full of junk, so a link would be great.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
If I was a mod I would give you applause.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Hahahaha democracy? And tell me how do we live in a democracy? Everything is bought and paid for. EVERYTHING. Do you really think your or my voice really matter? It doesn't. The only thing that matters in this world is money. Plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

join