It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Already Enslaved

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You seem to think I have a problem with working to survive, I have absolutely no problem with working to provide for myself or family. The thing I have a problem with is the middle man those in power have set up between the work we do and the food we eat. We don't work directly for food, we work directly for money then food. It's unnatural.

And to say that if we lived in a tribe we would spend less time with family is ridiculous. If you go out hunting, you can take some of your family with you, in fact that would be the preferred method. If you want to grow food, your family is there to help you with it as well. Nothing lies outside of the family in that sort of setting, everyone works for the common good. We as a 7 billion strong civilization have lost that kind of connection to family.
edit on 11/8/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So the main problem is our way of survival is too conveniently recreated, and marketed.. And we choose the less healthy way because we are distracted by everything around us rather than ourselves. Money may not be the issue, but the way we use the money morally. We give it TOO much power. But that doesnt mean we heave to get rid of it completely.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've never minded working! Its the barely scraping by that sorta gets to me. I'm tired of it!

I've often said I wouldn't mind doing darn near anything if there were money to be made to pay my modest bills and save some money. I might go down and serve beer somewhere or work in a book store or walamart, who knows where I'd go if there was money to be made? Home Depot maybe? Or how about a parts store?

Seriously I'd love to switch my job to something like Hi Performance engine building or auto mechanicing or machining or some type of computer tech repair guy or travel and setup PC guy. Yup! Those are two areas that most interest me now.

Its kind of hard to start out at the bottom in one of those fields at my age now though.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

lost it connection to that we agree.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat
that is why the Bible says, "The LOVE of Money is THE root of ALL EVIL.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1

Then just list your skills on Craiglist and let people call you.

It worked for me. I was making $175 a day Painting 2 bedroom apartments, no trim, no ceilings. I am a good painter and got lots of jobs and satisfied customers.

The problem I have now is I took a full time evening Job to get some benefits, and it killed my time to the painting gig.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with what your saying to a degree though even in an anarchist type of living you would have to work just as hard maybe harder. Then again your profits of labour would be yours to keep and you could decide your days and hours which is a worthwhile swap in my opinion. Viva la resistence.

<< 1  2   >>

join