It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The World Is Already Enslaved

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I agree and thanks for the thought provoking posts, I'm glad you're looking at it objectively and reasonably.

I have a feeling at some point in the near future that taking risks won't really matter anymore because the system will finally collapse. When it collapses, who will be left with all of the money? The ones who siphoned it into their swiss bank accounts. They will be living the high life while we are down here scrounging what food we can get. I think this is how it was meant to play out all along, those at the top staying their and those at the bottom falling even further down.

It's not the money. It's the resources and land wealth. Money, hell, you might as well wipe your ass with them at that point. I can generate electricity and harness it. I can convert AC power to DC power. I can even fish or hunt. I have a garden. I can play and write music. I can can paint and draw. I can frame a house, wire it, insulate and roof it. I understand business management.

These are all "I's" but only to point out my own desire for self-determination. I don't want to have to want or need from anyone. If I don't know how to do something I learn it. I can change breaks and rotors, fuel pumps and even changed a clutch once. I choose to experience things and it is empowering. If the world turns to # "I" can survive.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
a reply to: Revolution9

You were going somewhere with your post with some good points. Then you had to end with even jesus used money.

I'm not against religion etc being originally a Catholic. However bringing something real like money and someone based in a book with little or no proof of existence together.

But the rest of what you say is very true.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:56 PM
Quit enslaving yourself and get some fresh air.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"I think this is how it was meant to play out all along, those at the top staying their and those at the bottom falling even further down."

What, did they start planning that in 9,000 BC?

You assume you are being reasonable, but when you say things like,

"I think this is how it was meant to play out all along, those at the top staying their and those at the bottom falling even further down. ",

you are showing that you have a paranoia thing going that there is a human power who is slowly throwing you to the dogs to fend for yourself. You think the rich have no accountability or responsibility and they don't care if your life goers to hell. It is not so. History says the opposite. People even flock to the West as you know because they will have a better life with us. I think you are believing the hype that it is all coming to an end when it is really just the beginning.

The rich NEED us as much if not more than we need them. If we go down they will follow. If we became diseased ridden because of over-cramped conditions and mal nutrition the consequences would reach them, too. Disease knows no class. If we were that destitute we would not be able to function in jobs.

So many people are consumed with jealousy and envy these days. It is a form of self torture to see what others have, to want it yet not be able to have it. I neither have it or want it so I am relieved from this burden (Jesus Christ taught me that trick). We can not all be billionaires and have Angelina Jolie as a girlfriend. Get used to that. We can't all have a brain like Einstein or the voice and looks of Elvis Presley. We can stop being such envious little monsters and appreciate true talent in all its shapes and sizes and allow who is good at what to do what they are good at and not break a very basic code of civilization;

"Do not covet your neighbours goods".

If you do then you will be unhappy for the rest of your life and become a hateful little monster who is never satisfied and tortured by their own jealousy.

We are our own tormentors.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
Nope, I was foolish in my youth like a lot of others in my generation. I was deeply in debt just because I didn't have the self-discipline to live within my means. I hated that feeling of desperation. I hated working three jobs to pay off those debts. So guess what? I changed my way of living.
I came to realize that I could no longer function in my chosen profession. I changed jobs. I went back to school and found another profession. I still hated working three jobs to pay as I went but I knew that there was a better way of life on the other side of that brief period of struggling years. It took a bit longer to complete my second education because I refused to go into debt but at the end, I was okay because although the new profession didn't pay as well as the first, I was happy and the job paid enough to meet my needs.

You can say Stockholm syndrome all you wish, but I can answer with brainwashing by the media---telling you that you MUST have this, that or the other or you just don't fit into the culture. Confusing wants with needs is often the origin of the problem, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM

originally posted by: liteonit6969

You were going somewhere with your post with some good points. Then you had to end with even jesus used money.

I'm not against religion etc being originally a Catholic. However bringing something real like money and someone based in a book with little or no proof of existence together.

But the rest of what you say is very true.

Faith is my Teacher. I say it all the time who teaches me best of all. If it was anyone else I would say it. Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie have taught me a few tricks, too. Many thinkers have. In all honesty Jesus just so happens to be the wisest who has more answers than Bob Dylan, Plato and Woody combined.

Would you like it if I said Richard Dawkins? I would say it if it was true, but it isn't.

Sorry, I have to be entirely honest here otherwise there would be no point.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM

Every empire that has ever existed has gone by the wayside only to be replaced by the next, it will be no different this time. Am I saying this is the last "empire"? No, but it will go the same way as every empire before it did.

Money itself is not bad, it is an inanimate object, but the way it is always used is what is bad. It is used to enslave us.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM

There has always been some mix of shepherds and sheep within the flock since we were all hunter-gatherers. I think it’s just part of our genetic makeup as a species. Unfortunately throughout human history that hierarchy has often led to the shepherds exploiting and abusing the flock, but it all evolved into a new paradigm after the various “revolutions” (French, American, etc) a few centuries ago.

Before then, aristocracy, elitism, even slavery, were just part of the way of life that everyone accepted. People were oppressed but (felt) powerless to do anything about it. When they started to become educated and organized after the printing press was invented though, many realized there was much more power in their hands than the relatively tiny ruling class. So they revolted. And turned # upside down pretty good at first

But the elitists who survived, or stepped in and replaced the old ones, learned important lessons in that process. It was no longer viable to simply keep the masses down through despair or heavy handed techniques anymore. Instead the name of the game changed to keeping them lazy, distracted and stupid.

Let them eat just enough cake to mindlessly believe they have all these wonderful freedoms now, while they continue slaving away just to get that little slice. All the while this new “free market” economy is still based on the same basic hierarchy as slavery – a whole planetload of people churning away at the bottom of this pyramid while the fruits of that labour all funnel disproportionately back to the top.

Except the ones at the bottom get just enough tablescraps now to go buy a new iphone every 6 months, which keeps them content enough to never care or think about how #ed up this system really is.

In my opinion the saddest part about it all though is the way that some of the peons are actually even conditioned to ridicule and attack their peers who actually do see how messed up this situation is.

We saw it with the backlash against the OWS movement for example. We see it with how environmentalists are painted as dangerous “eco-nazis”. We see it with how anyone who speaks up against this BS is automatically branded a handout-seeking communist who wants to take all those precious phoney freedoms away. Anything to distract from the real root of the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
Funny but I hadn't noticed

Last month I was at my vacation cabin Did it happen while I was away?

This month, we're getting our little farm ready for winter. Perhaps I was too busy to notice.

I'm headed out to dinner soon and I'll check with my friends to see if their masters let them come out to play

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:42 AM
a reply to: Wildbob77

You still had to pay money for all of that, which is what you work for. The rich are insanely rich, the poor and middle class are crumbling in America. It is a funnel that sucks all the money into a few people's hands.

This is how it was designed to work and how it will probably always end up working. We have the tendency to be greedy, it is our carnal and animal nature to want more of things, especially money.

The world economy is a slave and debt machine used to funnel all of the money into the hands of a few at the top. This is why money is a dangerous concept in my opinion, it has the potential to do so much harm as we have already seen on our planet, and we as naturally greedy creatures take advantage of the money.

We're not all greedy though, most people are good people at heart but it seems to be mostly those who aren't totally well off as far as money goes that show some sense of humanity.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:37 AM

Most people are not this greedy (who even needs hundreds of millions of dollars, seriously?), but the current version of Capitalism inherently teases out the worst of the worst.

As an ideal it is supposed to reward those who work the hardest - but really it's just the most ambitious, and that actually means anyone willing to get to the top "no matter what". This translates to individuals and organizations who carry no qualms about lying, cheating, stealing, or exploiting others in their pursuit. The more wealth they acquire, the worse they tend to become and the more power they wield over the competition. It's a dirty snowball effect.

That doesn't mean there are no exceptions, but it does explain why top executives turn out 4 times more likely to be genuine psychopaths than the rest of the population. This is their calling. The system is fundamentally flawed.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:52 AM

IS that the guy from "into the wild" ?

YOu have made a pretty good case there,any shmuck can make money and live well,i guess it comes down to a matter of can choose to be part of nature/our biosphere or you can plunder it...either way it fulfills a life....

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:25 AM
I was trying to point out the irony in posts like this.

Yes, I did work for money and now I'm retired. I built my own cabin but I paid money for the materials.

I enjoy construction so it doesn't seem like work.

Most days, I decide what I want to do or where I want to go. I don't feel like a slave.

My suggestion is that you find something that you like to do and can make money at then have a happy life. You don't have to get caught up in materialism if you don't want to.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:12 PM
These teachings about money from the Jesus have greatly helped me. They are not easy words for many, especially Christians in America who seem to ignore these, and push monetary gains and success more than many I know. you do not have to join a religion to believe in truth when you hear it.

I have found sufissm also with helpful teachings to learn a balance to life here goes to those who want to know how to escape the slavery as I am trying to. I do live in USA and a huge part of why I wish to completely ditch money is the $20%+ going to dark government dealings.

Being poor and having nothing as opposed to being a slave is better from my experience so far. I do not have any kids so I know its a bit different in such situations but not worry is the biggest step.

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
22“Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. 23But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!

24“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

25“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28“And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33Seek the Kingdom of Godd above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:22 PM
money gave us motivation to co-operate with each other.
Now it motivates us to become hoarders in the sickest way possible.

Are we still co-operating?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:05 PM

Here you go OP this is lengthy but I haven't seen anything
better from Beck. Worth the watch.

edit on Rpm110815v26201500000023 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM

let's say, that there were only three families on earth and yours is one of them.

there is no big city to buy things, no communication between you and the other families because you are all to far away from each other.

There is no electricity, no plumbed water, no stores, no Ipods or other types of games. No modern amenities at all.

What would you be spending your day doing?

How many hours a day will you spend doing it?

edit on 8-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM

Civilized homo-sapiens are spoiled to the bone, that is why many of us cannot live out in the wild like our ancestors anymore. Yes in many different societies you have varying abilities of choice of profession, choice of where you get to live, choose almost everything in your life. But it all comes with a heavy price to pay.

Humans who gave birth to civilization have separated us from our natural environment because we couldn't control it and grouped up for the purpose of self-preservation. Many of us have been living in our cages or bubbles if you prefer for awhile, tearing down the system won't change anything. If you want to go back to the wild that's great, but don't complain when your under the cruel matriarchal tyranny of mother nature.

Our leaders have erected the concrete jungle to make the environment easier to control.

We've been walking in the concrete jungle like trained gorilla's and We've been domesticated for the purpose of serving our Masters. We've been conditioned to accept rewards as a form of compensation for our tricks or labor(positive reinforcement) and belief in the ideal of a meritocracy when that clearly isn't the case in a lot of societies.

Those who were born in a civilized society inherited several chains of bondage for the different masters that control our lives. Sadly many of us are willing to convince ourselves,
"we are not enslaved this is how things should be, even If I don't like the system very much I still need it".
We may not be overtly enslaved like our ancestors in past civilizations but not much has changed for the working class I'm afraid.
edit on 8-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Spend time with nature and the family I have with me and for as many hours as I want.

Authority was never meant to leave the family in my opinion. We have given authority to those who are outside of our circle of people whom we trust and know. When you give authority to people you do not know or trust, you are prone to being taken advantage of because those you have given authority to do not know or care about you. Out of sight, out of mind.

Would a family member of yours who loves and trusts you ever screw you over? 9 times out of 10 they will not. How about someone you don't know from Adam? 9 times out of 10 they will because there is a disconnect between you and them, they do not know or care about you. This is the greatest failing of modern society in my opinion, we are so disconnected from those who have authority over us that we are constantly being taken advantage of.

Sorry for going off topic in my own thread, but I thought this was worth mentioning.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:28 PM

you do know that if you were a family under the circumstances I laid out. If you loved them you would build a house, farm land, Hunt and provide for them would you not?

To cut all thing s short you would spend more time away from family just to provide for and protect them.

Work is essential to mankind. If you don't work you don't eat. Even harvesting wild plants is work.

All people have done today is make things more convenient all in the name of spending more time with family and what has that got us?

Still spending more time working, nothing has changed except how we work and spend our time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>