It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killers, nutjobs, shooters, I will not remember your name. Nope.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There seems to be a spate -- at least in the U.S., but also worldwide -- of people who go into otherwise peaceful situations and kill others. The media seem to like to include these people's middle names; I think that is both to make them more memorable and to shift awareness to conclude that they are monsters. Lee Harvey Oswald. James Earl Ray. Hey, what about John Wilkes Booth (waaay before mass media but still relevant to this 'cause'), Jarad Lee Loghner, Mark David Chapman, John Wayne Gacy, etc. etc.

Hey, you, orange hair, who killed 24 people it Colorado -- I'm not going to remember your name. I hope you burn in hell.

Hey, you, killer of nine people at Umpqua Community College, I will not remember your name.

Hey, you, Mr. Smiley, who shot five people at Marysville Pilchuck High School, I will NOT remember your name.

There are many, many others. If you contribute to this thread, I encourage you to describe the killers/nutjobs and not use their names.

What really pisses me off is how the media jumps on these stories and maximizes the drama. It's all about market shares, right? Let's semi-glorify these unhinged killers and tell us how terrible their lives were and justify the events that 'drove them over the edge.' Really?

REALLY? Guess what? Many people I've known and know had a rough childhood. None of them slinked up onto a water tower or other place of elevation and opened up on the general public with a firearm. None of them stabbed several of their classmates. Maybe life was just more clear and directional when I was young (way back then), and I understand that the world is a much more screwed up place than then.... however...... nobody should try to justify the murder of innocent victims. Nothing in your screwed up life makes it even close to justice to slay people with their whole lives in front of them, that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time to be killed by you nutjobs. I'm sorry your life was hell.

When I was a kid, if you had a problem, you either lived with it or tried to work it out. As an adult, I feel the same way. I appreciate that mental illness often plays a part in these senseless slaughters. I may be strange, but I've not shared those variables with the killers. I don't think that justifies it.

I am NOT going to remember your names, you killers, shooters and nutjobs. You will fade into the fabric of humanity (or something close to it) and your 'cause' will be forgotten. You are worthless. You are less than human, and I think you don't deserve to live. I hope the justice system makes it so.

p.s. "nutjob" is not necessarily a politically correct characterization. Tough nuggies. Observance of the T&C prevents me from using more apt terms.
edit on 5/11/15 by argentus because: misspelled John Wilkes Booth

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus
I like the idea, but this speech has been made.

source

"Smith refused to publicly name the shooter, saying the attention should be on the victims."-Police Chief Rick Smith, Oregon, early October.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Remember that confederate smackhead looking runt that shot up the church...

Screw him too.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Didn't know that, but glad to see there are kindred minds out there.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Didn't know that, but glad to see there are kindred minds out there.

I forgot to s&f you. I did now. Even if someone else said it before all of that writing was very good and I don;t think you saw that man's speech. I also find that a few days later, he named the killer.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I didn't know it, but that's exactly the mindset that I feel. Screw the killers. Don't let them even be written in the books of history. If I were King for a day, I would mandate that their names would never be recorded. Why? Because I think that's part of why they do it -- to be remembered. Screw them.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can't remember the last five mass shooting killers. To be honest, I can't remember any of them actually. I only know the titles they give them: (i.e. the Virginia Tech Shooting, etc)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Good on you! Remember the victims, the location if you like. I support not remembering their [expletive] names.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Good on you! Remember the victims, the location if you like.

Unfortunately the names of the victims will fade quicker than the names of their killers , and that is sad but it is what it is .

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Let's remember the shooter who was mentally ill. The shooter who didn't want to kill or hurt anyone when he was thinking straight but in a state of psychosis couldn't control his actions.

Let's also remember those that grossly misunderstand mental illness due to the hatred they are fed through the media.

REALLY? Guess what? Many people I've known and know had a rough childhood. None of them slinked up onto a water tower or other place of elevation and opened up on the general public with a firearm. None of them stabbed several of their classmates. Maybe life was just more clear and directional when I was young (way back then), and I understand that the world is a much more screwed up place than then.... however...... nobody should try to justify the murder of innocent victims. Nothing in your screwed up life makes it even close to justice to slay people with their whole lives in front of them, that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time to be killed by you nutjobs. I'm sorry your life was hell.

EDIT: This thread is so backwards in the promotion of knowledge of the mind and mental illness that it is frightening - It's not about having 'a hard life' - if only it was that simple.
edit on 6-11-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I hope you burn in hell.

I don't wish that on anybody. It's a hard thing to do, but I pray for these people, and hope to see them in heaven, reformed.

I don't think anyone starts out an evil monster, I don't think these people are all bad. I really believe something in their head gets twisted, and that somewhere deep inside they have good. I don't want to let the bad things they've done corrupt me too. I don't want to hate them.

It's hard, but when I pray, I pray for the people that lost a precious part of themselves too.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yup it's mostly a mental heath issue.
Of course those murdered or injured are the real victims but often those who kill are not in control.
There are many depressed, damage, mentally ill young people out there who snap or plot revenge or get so caught up in their mind that incidents like this happen.
There should be much better checks for weaponry around people with mental health issues etc and much better counselling and intervention.
But then people complain about big gov or people not being free to do what they like.

But this is a conversation for another day and another thread.
This is more of a 'fry em' or 'burn in hell' thread.

edit on 6-11-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Remember that confederate smackhead looking runt that shot up the church...

Screw him too.

I actually had a dream about killing that bastard a few days after reading the news.
I was in a church(or a school don't remember the scenery well),and the guy pulls out his pistol and I disarm him and beat him to death with his pistol.I felt pretty good at first when I woke up from that dream,then I felt disappointed because it didn't actually happen. Realistically though if I saw someone pull a gun I'd either shoot them with my CCW,or stab them in the throat with my EDC knife,I'd use the knife if the person pulling a gun didn't see me or was distracted for a few seconds.(I'm great at sneaking up on people and I handle high stress situations well)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I respect your opinion. I will not glorify nor romanticize those who have mental issues that have provoked them to kill or injure innocent people.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Peace. I really truly respect your views. I am not as evolved as you. That's just what it is.

I grew up on a ranch that was butted against a wilderness area. Truly wild -- no trails or development. When wild animals went aberrant and attacked their own, and it was observed by people, those creatures were put down. If I were King, I would propose the "Mad Dog" legislation: We, the people, recognize that you have had environmental influences that set you on a course to damage, kill or injure your peers. We, the people, designate that your actions have precluded your right to life. Thus, for the good of the general population, you are terminated.

I know. I know it's rough. That's part of why I am not King.

I am NOT proposing such an action against killers. I AM recording how I feel.
edit on 8/11/15 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

How appropriate, Censorship is the answer; how very George Orwell of you!

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

So, is it you that gets to decide what we all get to see? How can you justify censorship in any shape or form and not be part of the problem?

Will my post be deleted because you personally do not agree with it?

Did I record all of my posts?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Just to clarify for everyone, your quote is from Orwell's Animal Farm and not my own.

No, I didn't say I wanted to decide or censor anything. This thread is my OPINION, as a member, not representing staff.

YOU get to post your opinion also, and did. Your disagreeing is not only an important part of a healthy discussion, but it also isn't contrary to the T&C, which is the basis for removal of a post.

I'm not trying to censor information, I am ranting about the general trend in media to remember killer names, and conveniently forget those of the victims. The thread title should make it clear that this is what I think. YMMV.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I have for a long time wondered if anyone thinks about the offenders. Of course I would never condone murder, rape, torture, etc. I always wonder what they have gone through to do such a thing.

But I do also like what argentus says about remembering the victims past the offenders. It really is a shame that we don't

top topics

join