It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a clean up on paranormal digital images please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is the right forum, but what the heck.

I have a few digital photos below I wish to filter. There are images of phantom dragon heads and the like, that register on the black backdrop as purple and red colors. If someone can just isolate and enhance these ghosts, I'd much appreciate it, and I thionk you'll be pretty shocked to unveil the surprise. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i downloaded the first image and played around with it, and i couldnt see anything maybe highlight were you are wanting us to work on them so im not working on the whole image at one time.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I circled the area in red. I took 3 exposures of one area, so the 3 similar photo need the same area filtered. Thanks!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't see anything of interest in the areas you circled....

Edit: After playing with the images in Photoshop, I can confirm that there are absolutely no "phantom dragon heads" (whatever that means) or ghosts in the areas circled....
edit on 11/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I've begun to realize that unfortunately. That's why I'm hoping some good digital/forensic filters could do the job in bringing out the reds and putples.

/crossesfingers

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I too have photo shop and various image editors between my PC and phone. It needs specific hardware and/or programs for the white glove treatment.

The image I just added to my avatar looked absolutely nothing like it's original. Take a look at this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Photoshop can't do this degree of clean up.

edit on 3-11-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

There's nothing to "clean up".

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I've begun to realize that unfortunately. That's why I'm hoping some good digital/forensic filters could do the job in bringing out the reds and purples.

Hiya.

The reds and purples that you're maybe looking at are the result of color channels. Is a lot better places and people to learn off thank Pinke, but lay person crash course:

Imagine your image consisting of three layers: red, green and blue aka RGB. These layers are separate and then are merged together. Your camera captures a different amount of data within each layer. Not all layers capture the same ratio of data. So you might capture 4 parts red to 2 parts green to 1 parts blue for example. To write this as a ratio we would say 4:2:1.

In this case:

Red Channel:

Green Channel:

Blue Channel

The purple part of your image is due to the combination of blue and red channels. Blue channel is noisy, red has picked up some light, green doesn't care. Purple happens. Your camera is not your eye and vice versa so oddness ensues.

a reply to: AdmireTheDistance
I too have photo shop and various image editors between my PC and phone. It needs specific hardware and/or programs for the white glove treatment.

Photoshop is actually admissible in court with the proper preparation.

The maths used in forensics programs aren't 'special maths' for the most part. Photoshop usually has more tools than forensics applications, and the tools that are shared often use similar or even same maths. Forensics applications for the most part streamline processes, automate reports, idiot proof, and cut down on the clutter.

The reason certain tools or formula don't reach Photoshop in their current state isn't because the tools are secret. They are often open source. It is because:

1. Forensics don't care if there are artefacts, Photoshop users do
2. Photoshop users are in the market of using the clone stamp, not detecting it
3. Photoshop users don't care about DCT / PRNU / statistical analysis of their pixels

Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Pinke! You are incredible. Thanks so much once again. Great info and nice work as usual. Those color filters do a great job in contrast. /bow

Now I need to print, draw and scan. Funny thing though, I just found a new phone app that works like a charm, "The Ghost Catcher". Wait to you see what I captured today....

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Have you tried the colour balance tool? It may help seeing some things better.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Photoshop can't do this degree of clean up.

Photoshop can do a lot more than you give it credit for--it's not always the program, but the competency of the user.

new topics

top topics

join