It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissapearing Object Phenomenon, or just forgetfulness?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
UPDATE
--------------

Found the swipe card sitting nicely on the backseat of my FATHER'S CAR.

????? Okay then. That's uncanny because I watched him take it off his belt last night.

Atleast it's back

edit on 3/11/2015 by virbjek because: forgot a detail!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Interesting.
I have security cameras in my motor home for when i am not there.

I also have a hook on the wall where i keep keys when i am home.

When i come home i hang my keys and turn off my inside security cameras.

One day i went to get my keys to go into town and they were not on the hook.
I had not used my keys so i went back to the day before security tape it showed me hanging the keys on the hook.

I looked around and finely found my keys on my computer table.

Do i sleep walk or do keys move themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: virbjek

Thank you for posting your story.

I to have had things disappear.

This one I will never forget, a few years ago I opened my bedroom closet to get my favorite leather jacket to wear and it was gone.

I always hang it up in the front of the closet it just a habit of mine. I have this thing that I do, I have certain places that I put things and I never forget where they are.

However that day I looked everywhere, I even looked in the car, nothing.

My partner was home and I asked him if he had seen my jacket, he said no and the last time he saw it was in the closet.

I looked for days and never found it.

I know for a fact that no one came in my home and took it.

That year Christmas was coming so my partner decided to buy me a new leather jacket. He did and I like it very much, however I still miss my old jacket.

6 months had passed then one day I opened the bedroom closet and there sitting on a hanger in the same place was my leather jacket, it was back!

I asked my partner again are you playing a joke on me, he swears he was not and I believe him.

My partner of 20 years who is now deceased has never lied to me. There were other strange thing that happened to but I just wanted to tell you about my lost leather jacket.

Where it went, I don't know.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I can contribute a little to your thread here by explaining a bit on thermal expansion. I'm good at this since I'm a mechanical engineer specializing in thermodynamics (I'm in refrigeration).

I experience these ticks in walls and floors too, but I know what causes them scientifically speaking. You heard these ticking in he morning, probably around 8:15 - 9:30 am. During this time, the sun slowly warms your home and while that happens, your house slowly expands. Materials expand when their temperature rise, conversely, they contract when their temperatures drop.

So this means this could also happen during dawn, or sunset. But expereince have taught me this is happens more in the mornings. This is also more prominent when the materials that make your home are different, like wood and concrete. The concrete may expand or contract faster thus thrust the wood fibers against each other and make louder ticking sounds.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: virbjek

I have two instances where an object in front of me disappeared and reappeared/teleported short distance in a fraction of a second and caught it on video.

They looked like camera glitch, but digital cameras don't usually glitch. The fact that I saw it with my own eyes is the only confirmation that it isn't camera glitch.

But I needed more evidence and opportunity to catch it on video and hopefully, in a more intense fashion like "decoherence" where two objects simultaneously appear in the same time and location.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The wood furniture use to tick in the moments of spiked or changed psychic energy. Typically wood surrounding the refrigerator acumulates the thermal energy and it needs just a little impulse like the tectonic plates loaded for an earthquake. It's good for testing or even to serve as some kind of passive psychic alarm. Rather than raised emotions it's usually trigerred by powerful silence in meditation or when I think about someone (or stop thinking of someone) etc. Prayer is a good example and falling asleep too. Maybe I can say that the trigger is the change of brainwaves from beta to alpha or theta. It's also related to the change of tinnitus frequency - you know, the pitch of the silence that you usually notice only when you get the sudden ringing in the ear. Of course it ticks from time to time on it's own.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
The wood furniture use to tick in the moments of spiked or changed psychic energy. Typically wood surrounding the refrigerator acumulates the thermal energy and it needs just a little impulse like the tectonic plates loaded for an earthquake.

That's very interesting because almost all the furniture in my room is wooden... and there's a refrigerator in there too.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: headb
I experience these ticks in walls and floors too, but I know what causes them scientifically speaking. You heard these ticking in he morning, probably around 8:15 - 9:30 am. During this time, the sun slowly warms your home and while that happens, your house slowly expands. Materials expand when their temperature rise, conversely, they contract when their temperatures drop.

Unfortunetly these ticks are often at random times and the one that woke me must've been at about 4am. However our home is old and mostly wooden, therefore we do experience the creaks and cracks of expanding wood etc. These two sounds are completely different, but thank you very much for your contribution!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I had these hand made hemp shoes my Mom got me from Thailand that I treasured so much. I would garden with them on and collect all the beautiful energy the growing flowers and herbs would stain them with. I sadly moved from the house were I grew so many Lovely plants but the vibration of the garden remained in those shoes I grounded myself in while becoming one. I moved into a one bed room apartment that is so small and impossible to misplace anything. One day I wake up after having the shoes the day before, and one shoe is gone. Absolutely no way it could have vanished by theft. No one around to steal it. I was pissed and heart broken. This place has an odd presence to it...I miss that shoe
. Had to toss the other one away along with the soil stains from a place I can no longer call home. Perhaps it was the spirits telling me to let go and allow another garden to be grown one day.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Lol. Your shoe story reminded me Carl from The Simpsons S14E8
"This detective is unbelievable.
He can learn more about a chick by digging through one garbage can than you could from years of intimacy.
He found out who was cobbling shoes for me at night.
Turns out I have severe schizophrenia."

In the old Israel people believed sleepwalking is caused by possession. I think schizophrenia could be the same thing just more pronounced in the waking consciousness so we can still call it paranormal.
Or a dog with a shoe-fetish?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm sure I've had similar experiences - usually you put something down somewhere, the same place as always, and then wehn you look back, it's gone. You search for a while, and then find it, exactly where you put it down.

on a similar line - sometimes I've been sat at a table, and crossed or uncrossed my legs and hit something with my foot, and thought 'that's odd there's nothing under the table' and when I've looked under the table, there's nothing within that space that I could have hit.

Sometimes I've thought, it must have been the foot of the other person sat opposite, but sometimes there's no one else there, so it couldn't have been. other times I've thought that maybe my foot just moved more thatn I thought, and caught something further away. very odd though.

little things like this in life make you wonder about the truth of reality.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NautPsycho

What a lovely story. So full of life.

...I miss that shoe
. Had to toss the other one away along with the soil stains from a place I can no longer call home. Perhaps it was the spirits telling me to let go and allow another garden to be grown one day.

I hear the sadness in your voice. To be in a place that is not "home" can kill us. I think your shoes will return. It will sound so odd how I word this so forgive me. Perhaps they will walk into your life, a footprint to fallow, the gentle pitter patter of some one walking, a shoe in a dumpster or on the side walk. Perhaps they will speak of things you must listen to.
I find your account very intriguing.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This happens to me from time to time and recently I had a real shocker. I was missing a pair of board shorts and searched high and low in my apartment, emptied out my whole closet. Weeks passed and then they just appeared in my closet a few days ago. I don't understand why I couldn't find them because they are orange colored board shorts.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you to all who have contributed their theories and stories to this thread! I have just made a new one updating my experiences with DOP here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join