It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Next stop civil war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So after having heard about the recent Turkish elections, where President Erdogan's ruling party had won by a majority Read here, I become I bit surprised at the news, since earlier news in June 2015 indicated that the ruling party was loosing support from a majority Read here.

My suspicions grow as I connected the recent deadly bombings, of a peaceful pro-Kurdish campaign rally which saw 97 pro-Kurdish activists killed in October of this year. Read Here

I started taking mental notes by now and this news below, kind of linked all this events together for me.

The pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) saw its share of the vote significantly decrease in Sunday's snap general election, a fact it has attributed to unfair election conditions and recent attacks by the terrorist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which resulted in increased criticism of the HDP.

So what made me realize is that Turkey was bound for a Civil war as all the markers where there to indicate otherwise. As more people realized the dangerous game Erdogan is playing behind the scenes as a way to influence the outcome of the current election.

It begs to question also whether the bombings, where a false flag to disrupt the pro-Kurdish rally, which was obviously a threat to Erdogan's ruling party in parliament.

Interesting enough as I searched further, I found an article which explained in detailed what I suspected, it seemed clear now that a civil war maybe brewing in Turkey giving all the events in the lead up to the election result.

There will still be a Turkey of some sort in four years’ time, of course, but it may no longer be a democracy, and it may not even have its present borders. In last Sunday’s vote Erdogan won back the majority he lost in the June election, but the tactics he employed have totally alienated an important section of the population.

Kurds make up a fifth of Turkey’s 78 million people. Most Kurds are pious, socially conservative Sunni Muslims, so they usually voted for Erdogan’s Justice and Development (AK) Party – which consequently won three successive elections (2003, 2007, 2011) with increasing majorities.

Then the Kurds stopped voting for Erdogan, which is why he lost last June’s election. In this month’s election he managed to replace those lost votes with nationalist voters who are frightened of a Kurdish secession and simple souls who just want stability and peace – but he had to start a war to win them over.

Read more from the article

So there has been fresh protests reported over the election results and I'm afraid this has the potential to escalate to a civil war.

Turkey election: Protests turn violent in Diyarbakir

Your thoughts?
edit on 3-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm always very skeptical of elections and voting in general.

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." -Stalin

I would not be surprised to see a civil war break out there.

One bombing doesn't seem like enough to sway such a large voting populace.

I must have missed it, but did they save how much of the population actually voted, or do they track such things over there?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Maybe Yemen 2.0? Just in Turkey a proxy war with Iran?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Maybe Yemen 2.0? Just in Turkey a proxy war with Iran?

Thought Yemen was Saudi Arabia vs Iran.

Turkey is part of NATO.. So NATO vs Iran?

I suppose that could make sense..

Ukraine = US vs Russia

South Korea = China/N.Korea vs US

Syria = US vs Russia

Hmm.. sure I'm missing a few..

Anyways.. Could be interesting, will have to see what the next few days or week(s) brings..

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Source

The preliminary results from Sunday's vote show the AKP securing 316 seats in parliament, more than the 276 seats needed for single-party rule but shy of the 330 seats needed to take constitutional changes to referendum without reaching out to other parties.
The center-left Republican People's Party, or CHP, came in second place, receiving 134 seats. It was followed by the pro-Kurdish, leftist Peoples' Democratic Party, or HDP, with 56 seats. Next came the right wing Nationalist Movement Party with 41 seats, according to the preliminary results.

Here are some numbers on the election results, it surprised polls, which suggested a similar trend back in June where the ruling party lost a majority of seats.

Other are even reporting if whether Erdogan is a liberator of a dictator? Read more

Turkey just has the signs to be the next Syria.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

It begs to question also whether the bombings, where a false flag to disrupt the pro-Kurdish rally..

Well it wouldn't be the first time, in 1958 they bombed their own consulate.

Later, when on trial, Turkish Prime Minister Adnan Menderes admitted that the consulate bombings were indeed a false flag operation carried out by government-ordered Turkish agents..

10 Inside Jobs That Governments Blamed On Enemies

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Ok that just makes it seem more plausible for a civil uprising.

Yeah Menderes actions eventually lead to a military uprising which led to his death, and an eerily similar faith is being repeated by Erdogan and it only points to unrest as is happening now after the election results came out.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
a reply to: Cygnis

Source

The preliminary results from Sunday's vote show the AKP securing 316 seats in parliament, more than the 276 seats needed for single-party rule but shy of the 330 seats needed to take constitutional changes to referendum without reaching out to other parties.
The center-left Republican People's Party, or CHP, came in second place, receiving 134 seats. It was followed by the pro-Kurdish, leftist Peoples' Democratic Party, or HDP, with 56 seats. Next came the right wing Nationalist Movement Party with 41 seats, according to the preliminary results.

Here are some numbers on the election results, it surprised polls, which suggested a similar trend back in June where the ruling party lost a majority of seats.

Other are even reporting if whether Erdogan is a liberator of a dictator? Read more

Turkey just has the signs to be the next Syria.

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing that link.

Dark times ahead, InnerPeace2012.

Seems the world is setting up to burn. People with control issues are getting paranoid.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Great post and thread.
From what I know, Turkey is an intermediate stage. It is not like Syria at all, because Erdogan is with the majority of Turks (at least that is what he claims) while Assad has been ruling with a minority (Alawites). No doubt there will be repression and blood. Perhaps one of the reasons these repressive nationalists can win - just like in Hungary and in Poland recently - is because liberal-minded people have been flooding out by the millions to find work in Germany. So those who stay behind are far less open to Westernization.
Turkish people (and I like them a lot, together with their music and food) frequently display a curious blindness towards two issues, one is the repression of Kurds, the other is the historical crimes of the late Ottoman Empire against the Armenians, despite the Ataturk cultural revolution which changed the scene and created modern Turkey.
Despite my misgivings about Erdogan, who pretends he is a Sultan and is clearly a double dealer with the West and Vladimir, I do not think civil war is going to strike right now - however, there may be violence in the coming years.
For this type of government is based on a mafia structure, the economy isn't going to be strong, and the only way he can sell his flawed policies is by catering to the anti-Kurd and anti-whatever right wingers.
Perhaps it isn't too much to say historically this is an example of Fascism. Not Nazism, mind you.
The EU tolerates all that - they showed they will tolerate it even inside the Union (as much as it is still a union instead of an investors' club), with the case of Hungary. No matter how much freedom is cracked down, all the money stolen for the elite. However, Turkey is far bigger and its army is far more important, plus it is in a strategic spot towards the Balkans and the Middle East and Iran.
Erdogan played a big part in what was understood to be a "Syrian refugee crisis". So he already showed the EU how much clout he has.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The world would step in pretty quickly I would think. We (America and possibly others) have nuclear assets in Turkey from what I understand and I doubt we would allow anything to happen to them due to a civil war. In the end Turkey is a country where a lot of foreign interest have their hands and would probably jump in to squash any instability. Its basically why TPTB allow a pseudo-dictator to manage things there and most likely why Turkey hasn't gained entry to the EU.

top topics

join