It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK universities to ban feminists and conservatives to avoid offending Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Ain't gonna happen fella, I'd advise against reading too much of that JihadWatch site and listening to whatever fringe elements of the Islamic faith are spouting.

Show me an example of something becoming even close to a reality outside of exclusively faith based centres of education and I might be interested, but right now I think such claims are a bit silly.

What,like Subway removing bacon from the menu in Muslim areas.That didn't happen either.
Or the recent funeral of PC David Phillips where his colleagues were told not to wear the blue line Union Jack badge in case it offend minorities(Muslims).
Wake up before you dig your own grave.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The word forced didn't appear once in those calls...

In fact, I disagree with segregation anywhere, but they railroaded that guest and wouldn't let him explain what the stance actually was...

And even with the constant interruptions, you could pretty much see what he was getting at.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: tony9802
Personally, I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments..it seems like it is now or never--

I've learned my lesson. I've been threatened with bans or my replies removed for giving my true opinions on these subjects which do not agree with the bleeding hearts. While mine are labeled racist or bigoted, I've received personal attacks on here from a select few members who seem to be immune from abiding by T & Cs. So if your not on the progressive side of the Muslim/European or the Palestinian/Israeli issues, you're scorned and marginalized. And if your source doesn't fit the liberal agenda, it will be labeled biased and all the writers are labeled Islamophobes. Read this reply quickly as I'm sure it will be removed. Good luck.

Thank you..I feel much better, and I totally agree with you, it happens all of the time, and personally I just feel that those persons who make all of these absurd claims of either racism or bigotry are totally living in the twilight zone; just take a look- they must be very young people born in the nineties! On a more serious note, I am totally baffled that people would not see this as something to worry about..

Even the mere gesture of stating that it might be alright and acceptable to censor women's views about Islam for the sake of "tolerating same" is totally ridiculous and absurd..Censor women, feminists, censor conservatives..what's next censor children and their rights because it might hurt muslim/islamic cultural sensibilities?

Maybe these twilight zone types will change their minds as soon as members of the Gay community are asked to be silent about their rights in the face of islamic persecution..Maybe that will be the clencher..

edit on 1-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Who has been censored, when, why, & who by...

Full details please.

Name names.

Don't tell me to read your source it's complete junk from someone even the Anti Defamation League of America calls a hardcore Islamophobe.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Censor women, feminists, censor conservatives..what's next censor children and their rights because it might hurt muslim/islamic cultural sensibilities?

It isn't happening though... that is that part you seem to forget.

All this article talks about is what MIGHT happen, do you take that as already happening?

And try not to fall into the "ATS silences me" victim card, it just isn't true. Every one who breaks the T&C's gets hit, if you feel a mod has missed something hit the like person like button below the avatars and report it.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Living at this time in history and noticing some of the crazy stuff being fed to us I would like to present . "The Demobilization of the American People and the Spectacle of Election 2016
By Tom Engelhardt " www.informationclearinghouse.info... Its not a short piece but if you follow along Engethardt put's it all in historical perspective ........

Let me start with one of the odder moments we’ve lived through and give it the attention it’s always deserved. If you follow my train of thought and the history it leads us into, I guarantee you that you’ll end up back exactly where we are -- in the midst of the strangest presidential campaign in our history.

To get a full frontal sense of what that means, however, let’s return to late September 2001. I’m sure you remember that moment, just over two weeks after those World Trade Center towers came down and part of the Pentagon was destroyed, leaving a jangled secretary of defense instructing his aides, “Go massive. Sweep it all up. Things related and not.”

I couldn’t resist sticking in that classic Donald Rumsfeld line, but I leave it to others to deal with Saddam Hussein, those fictional weapons of mass destruction, the invasion of Iraq, and everything that’s happened since, including the establishment of a terror “caliphate” by a crew of Islamic extremists brought together in American military prison camps -- all of which you wouldn’t believe if it were part of a sci-fi novel. The damn thing would make Planet of the Apeslook like outright realism.

Instead, try to recall the screaming headlines that labeled the 9/11 attacks “the Pearl Harbor of the twenty-first century” or “a new Day of Infamy,” and the attackers “the kamikazes of the twenty-first century.” Remember the moment when President George W. Bush, bullhorn in hand, stepped onto the rubble at "Ground Zero" in New York, draped his arm around a fireman, and swore payback in the name of the American people, as members of an impromptu crowd shouted out things like “Go get ‘em, George!”

“I can hear you! I can hear you!” he responded. “The rest of the world hears you! And the people -- and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!”

“USA! USA! USA!” chanted the crowd.
quick , someone pinch me ......

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Personally, I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments..it seems like it is now or never--

I've learned my lesson. I've been threatened with bans or my replies removed for giving my true opinions on these subjects which do not agree with the bleeding hearts. While mine are labeled racist or bigoted, I've received personal attacks on here from a select few members who seem to be immune from abiding by T & Cs. So if your not on the progressive side of the Muslim/European or the Palestinian/Israeli issues, you're scorned and marginalized. And if your source doesn't fit the liberal agenda, it will be labeled biased and all the writers are labeled Islamophobes. Read this reply quickly as I'm sure it will be removed. Good luck.

Thank you..I feel much better, and I totally agree with you, it happens all of the time, and personally I just feel that those persons who make all of these absurd claims of either racism or bigotry are totally living in the twilight zone; just look at their Avatars! On a more serious note, I am totally baffled that people would not see this as something to worry about..
Even the gesture of stating that it might be alright to censor women's views about Islam for the sake of "tolerating Islam" is totally rediculous..Censor women, feminists, censor conservatives..what's next censor children and their rights because it might hurt muslim/islamic cultural sensibilities?

Maybe these twilight zone types will change their minds as soon as members of the Gay community are asked to be silent about their right in the face of islamic tendencies..Maybe that will be the clencher..

But the television says it's racist to criticize Islam, so you just have to roll over and hope you don't offend anyone while doing so.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can remember a time when left-wing students imposed their own bans on right-wing speakers, self-righteously declaring that they should have "no platform".
In this particular case, it's worth remembering that Vince Cable currently holds no office. He's just a man predicting what somebody else will do.
The apparent certainty of "universities to ban" is not valid until it comes from somebody with authority in universities or government.
We could all make our own predictions about what government will want to do, but they wouldn't constitute grounds for saying that the government is "to do it".
Journalists are too fond of creating sensational headlines by picking up the suggestions which odd people make and presenting them as definite decisions.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments..it seems like it is now or never--

Somehow I think you just earned a red flag, good job!

I think you're a little naive..

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Many people who follow the Islamic faith are also caucasian..my opinion is that opposing islam is not a racial matter..but I know that people try to hide behind that excuse..

It's used to condition and normalize, I, much like yourself, don't buy it for a minute..
edit on 1-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This site is pretty half and half, that is conservative/liberal. There is a good deal of middle ground, as well. It is when you type racist and reallyyyyyy out there stuff that it becomes annoying.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Can we get jihadwatch and WND on our hoax/unwanted list?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Perhaps Rothschild and the Saudi Sheiks had a game of poker and Rothschild put Britain on the table? No need to say the outcome of the game. (Sorry, had to put that joke in).

I don't believe all this stuff. The natives are just getting paranoid and wildly exaggerating and distorting facts to scare people so they, too, will join the cause. Personally, I have no affiliations. As long as my head is not chopped off and I can worship my God in peace the humans can sort it out among themselves. People are people. I don't like violent extremism, no matter from where it comes. That is my enemy.

Can agree with that, no one should interfere with your personal beliefs, and that includes government. BA introduced a policy of not allowing their staff to wear a crucifix at work years ago, no bollox should interfere with that age old benign personal belief system, no matter who.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Soon enough, we need to give more political power to Muslims so that we don't offend them.

Soon enough, if a Muslim blames someone for a crime, the court will be in favor of the Muslim (like when a woman yells rape, and wins even without evidence).

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
LOL People actually believe this stuff? Like seriously, at what point does a person stop thinking about the credibility of something they read online? There's something seriously wrong with being this paranoid.

I used to make it a point to challenge the validity of things like this. But I'm realizing it's a waste of time. The ones peddling this crap don't care if it's true or not, as long as they can fearmonger. We can correct every single falsehood they pander & they'll just find something else to lie about. And the gullible people will keep falling for it because they're too trusting to do basic fact checking.

I should probably add that in real life I have no patience for liars, the anti-intellectual crowd, and the willfully ignorant. I believe in what I call "Left Behind Syndrome", which is basically that not everyone needs to move forward. Some people should be free to stay in their caves, eat raw food & complain about the "libs with new fangled fires". But the rest of us shouldn't be held back because of their backwards mentalities, either.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Or maybe you should actually take the time to look up the definitions of "racism" & "bigotry". Then ask yourself if your comments fit those definitions. That's a good start.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you read right wing BS propaganda, then you deserve all the fear and paranoia that comes into your life.

The article is a crock.

What ever happened to reasoned thought and critical thinking? Its a sign of the times that rubbish like this even gets a voice, let a lone a debate.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Pandering to the idiot Islamic Jihad state just gets more people killed.

Like Obama sucking up to Iran and then the Iran state idiot calls for the destruction of America.

It doesn't matter about this OP being true or not, because it is already true as far as what happens when you negotiate with terror states like Islam. Negotiating = sucking up and trying to be pals with Neanderthals and barbarians.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
If you read right wing BS propaganda, then you deserve all the fear and paranoia that comes into your life.

The article is a crock.

What ever happened to reasoned thought and critical thinking? Its a sign of the times that rubbish like this even gets a voice, let a lone a debate.

Look at the post right below yours. That's the problem. When people honestly believe that "Negotiating = sucking up and trying to be pals with Neanderthals and barbarians", what alternative does that leave? How can we even have a rational discussion with that kind of mindset?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: neformore

The article is a crock.

Look at the post right below yours. That's the problem. When people honestly believe that "Negotiating = sucking up and trying to be pals with Neanderthals and barbarians", what alternative does that leave? How can we even have a rational discussion with that kind of mindset?

I'm not the one chopping peoples heads off and bragging about it like our Jihadi friends.
They think they are helping God.
How can you have any debate at all about them? They need to be stopped and stopped right now! You can't play footsie with them and not pull back a bloody stump.

Are you getting the picture mate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join