It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative PAC's raising a lot of money- for themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This story is both disappointing and funny and even surprising, though no one should be surprised given the reality of how immoral political operatives and conservative business people have proven themselves to be. There are a ton of Political Action Campaigns or PAC's raising money for politics these days and they've managed to get favorable campaign financing laws passed for themselves. I guess they needed those laws since they're not actually operating ethically, spending almost all their donations on political operatives and very little on actual campaigning.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a nice scam. Rip off the people while claiming to help their politicians run for office.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
*shrug* They target both sides of the aisle

sunlightfoundation.com...

Hence why I contribute to the candidate. If I ever donate to a PAC I will first examine its spending history.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So the radical conservatives have turned "Cannibal" have they??
They should be called the "Tea Party Cannibals".
"Making America Steak Again!!"

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They should be called the "Tea Party Cannibals". "Making America Steak Again!!"

Oh my God! That is #ing hilarious! Quotable...

OT: It sucks to be scammed. If you believe in a candidate, donate directly.
edit on 10/31/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Different rules apply for different PACs. Here's something everyone should know about Super PACs...

"According to FEC advisories, Super PACs are not allowed to coordinate directly with candidates or political parties. This restriction is intended to prevent them from operating campaigns that complement or parallel those of the candidates they support or engaging in negotiations that could result in quid pro quo bargaining between donors to the PAC and the candidate or officeholder. However, it is legal for candidates and Super PAC managers to discuss campaign strategy and tactics through the media."

In order for them to even receive tax exempt status, they're supposed to be dedicated to education and training of political stances, not particular candidates.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

In order for them to even receive tax exempt status, they're supposed to be dedicated to education and training of political stances, not particular candidates.

Wow! Someone at the IRS should look into this ... oh, wait.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You know what they say, "Follow the money!"

Stephen Colbert did a season-long expose' of just what a scam these super-PACs really are during the last election when he created one himself.

Besides exposing the fact that the law prohibiting coordination between candidates and PACs is an absolute joke, the biggest "reveal" came when he, (Colbert) demonstrated what the law allows them to do with leftover donations that didn't get spent during the election season.

To make a long story short, there are these little "loopholes," (imagine that) that basically allow the PAC organizer to pocket the cash or "donate it to the non-profit of their choice."

If I remember correctly, Colbert's "non-profit of choice" ended up being quite similar to the "Send your money to Al Franken" skit in the early days of SNL.

Always "Follow the money!"

top topics

join