It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Contamination Found In Tap Water; New Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The report for July to September of 2015 again found traces of Fukushima contamination in tap water in certain cities in Japan. The readings are very low but drinking water is used in so many things people consume it does create a long term method of ongoing exposure. NRA did not mention if any of these municipalities were doing anything to try to further filter out contaminants before delivering water to the public.

The cities with traces on this round of testing are:
Morioka, Iwate
Sendai, Miyagi
Yamagata, Yamagata*
Fukushima City, Fukushima
Hitachinaka, Ibaraki
Utsunomiya, Tochigi*
Maebashi, Gunma
Hiki, Saitama
Ichihara, Chiba
Shinjuku, Tokyo*
Chigasaki, Kanagawa
Niigata, Niigata

Cities with an “*” had both cesium 134 and cesium 137 found in the tests.
Fukushima Contamination Found In Tap Water; New Report

[sarcasm]Who's on board for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
[/sarcasm]

With the above happening already...what will things be like in Japan five and a half years from now? Is the world totally insane? Tokyo 2020 Olympics? What is everyone thinking out there?

Can someone point me to an educational service where I can learn what it's like to think like an average person? Like a person who thinks, "Tokyo 2020 Olympics, I can't wait to go!" I can't relate to that on any level.

On the topic of the people of Japan, if you see a building is on fire it's your job to get out of it. If you're able to do that and you don't, at what point should it be called suicide? That's a tough issue when your whole country is going up in flames. It takes a lot of courage to leave your country and frequently a lot of resources too. There are no easy answers.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A trace?
You get a trace flying across the country or getting a dental xray.
How much is a trace?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Since Caesium contamination is marked with (*), that means that it must be radioactive water.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
With the above happening already...what will things be like in Japan five and a half years from now?

What were the results 5 years ago? 10 years ago? Without those figures this report is meaningless.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Omg... traces of cesium... we're all going to die... there are BILLIONS of traces in BILLIONS of liters of water. I mean I have no clue what that really means, but it sure scares me because I just don't know!

LOL!

Back to reality, traces of uranium are regularly found in drinking water. I get the quarterly water report and it's tested for, but have never seen the traces. I'd expect areas closer to where they blasted them in the desert years ago still get traces.

I found this rather quickly.

uranium in drinking water

No EOTWAWKI yet

I found this part interesting.

The study found that 78% of the uranium-contaminated sites are linked to the presence of nitrate, a common groundwater contaminant, that stems from chemical and animal waste fertilizers. Nitrate, through a series of bacterial and chemical reactions, oxidizes uranium which then makes it soluble and capable of leaching into groundwater.

Seems the fertilizer is more an issue, except whoops we still need to eat. Drats.
edit on 31-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Fukushima reactor could have suffered total meltdown – report

www.rt.com...

top topics

join