It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer and Teen Compete in Epic Dance-Off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

jackass? live life less bitter and enjoy a joke jackass

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Less bitter? This from the guy who takes "you made a jackass comment" and turns it into "you are a jackass."

That rich. The butt hurt is strong.

Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I have no idea why you are tripping so hard on dancing, you are acting like grinch of dancing or something lmao!

Maybe FOTL is a Southern Baptist. Now, THAT would be amusing.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Indigent
That must be the dance she does after she shoots somebody

Normally it takes longer for the first jackass comment to appear in a thread like this. You may have set a new record.

Good post OP

While I admit my morbid, demented side snickered at the mental image, even I would not have gone there.

I thought she was great. More like this would be nice. Sort of unexpected in a pleasant way.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
She should be fired, just like anyone else that decides to have a dance off on the job.

Fire her!

Our tax money is paying for that BS?

You wanna have a dance off do it off the clock not while in uniform and getting paid. Thats not what she is paid to do!

Have a dance off in your own free time!

People complain that cops aren't trained to diffuse volatile situations without resorting to excessive violence and when this cop diffuses an escalating confrontation with a dance-off she should be fired?

I disagree. I'd like to see more creative solutions, like this.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hoping my sarcasm meter is broken...

Are people really that upset about dancing...

entire time reading this thread... just kept thinking... Not sure if serious..

That said Kudos on the cop for using the right approach for handing teens being teens.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Its a becoming more common for cops to dance on the job and goof off on the job they all need to be fired. I imagine if any supervisor saw an employee dancing while on the job instead of doing the job they were hired to do there would be some kind of repercussions, unless they are some kind of a paid dancer or something?

I'm not sure if you're aware of the core job of police officers, but, if i recall (and I'm sure i do, since it's scrawled across most of their vehicles) it goes something like this:

"To Serve & Protect"

This officer did a damn fine job of it, in a most efficient, positive and beneficent way.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The funny thing is by reading FOTL's past posts it's clear to see they are extremely critical of police officers (which is fine).

That said, when you show them a video of police diffusing a situation in a non-violent manner they think it's inappropriate and disciplinary action should be taken for "not doing their job."

With so many people nowadays the police simply cannot win.

Why bother trying anymore?

edit on 31-10-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

There's another interesting twist to this story beyond the fact that the police officer diffused the situation without becoming rude or violent.

The 17 year old teenager, Aaliyah Taylor said this:

For Taylor, she said the dance-off marked her first positive interaction with police officers in her neighborhood. She has six sisters and one brother and, according to Taylor, all have been arrested or detained for non-violent offenses like breaking curfew. Taylor, who said she’s never been arrested, recalls her siblings saying that the officers acted unnecessarily rude and rough during their arrests.

Those experiences, Taylor said, had shaped her perception of police officers.

“I thought all cops were cruel because that’s how I saw them,” Taylor said. “I’ve now seen there are good cops out there.”

(emphasis mine)

More of this type of friendly and unique interaction between LEO and the citizenry would go a long way toward mitigating the us-versus-them mentality being pushed by the MSM.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join