It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what has happened to us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ok first off a disclaimer: I'm on my phone there will be typos and other errors deal with it. I also don't rant on here often or at all really so take from this what you will.

Lately have really noticed the hypocrisy of the American people it makes me sad oh so very sad that the great nation that I live in could be so blind. I see the same people over and over again raging about how Obama did this and as soon as he stops and the next thing flares up they are mad that he didn't act in the same way that they lambasted him the last time.

I understand it's the popular thing to do right now hate on the president, and if that's what you want to do fine by me, just do it in a way that doesn't embarrass the rest of us here in the United States. Hate him for the promises he made and didn't follow through on hate him because his political ideals vary from yours hate him because your a racist pile of poo I don't care, but do not be that person that switches sides just so you can talk smack and act all big and bad it makes you look stupid. We as people notice these things and it not only discredits you but all those around you, often invalidating an argue that was valid at one time.

I just read a post that insinuated thst all liberals or as the member so lovingly put it "LIBTARDS" blindly support Obama and think hr is a golden god. I for one can tell you I am a liberal and I have my own issues with the big man so don't make me out to be a blind follower. It would be the same thing as if I had said all conservatives want to suck on W's @==D it's not true and makes me look like an idiot and invalidates everything I have said before and after thst stupid comment.
Most of us are hear to do our best to "Deny ignorance " so why do I see so many of us doing our best to look like morons and to that end hurt our Ultimate goal? Mayne I'm just way way off base here and I'm sure you will all let me know about it.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

A strongly held ideology or theology needs to be defended from the heretics and logical no matter what it takes.

Haven't you been marginalized as a "people like you" yet? It's meant as an insult but actually it's a very comfortable position to be in.

It's just entertainment and remember.....rule 62.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It's the internet..... It does this to people.

It gave everyone a soap box to stand on and shout their disapproval.

I don't much care for Obama, but there are plenty of true things to say or dislike about his leadership style and methodology and political bent.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Drinking

By all means disagree and dislike the man I fully support and stand behind your right to do so, it is when people go out of there way, changing their beliefs just to spew hate against him or anyone that bugs me. I support the man because he is my president, do j like him no not really he has some glaring flaws that I cannot support. With that being said I will call out hypocrisy when I see it and as of late it seems to be everywhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree and I strongly support your right to defend it, people doing this are not the people that have me upset. It is the people that blatantly change their stance on an issue just to be on the opposite of Obama or W ot whomever we are discussingn

As an aside I'm am not familiar with rule 62.....
edit on 30-10-2015 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Rule #62- Don't talk with your hands.
Rule #63- Don't wink.
Rule #64- Don't defecate where you pitch your tent.
edit on 30-10-2015 by kenzohattori69 because: naughty word typo

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think people learned to act how they do regarding Obama from how people treated W. Bush. Personally, I think they are both scumbags, but for different reasons.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You can have him. As for me, personally, I impeached him long ago. I recognize him only as Mr. OBAMA because there is little Presidential about him.

My opinion not driven by hate, but by reason based directly oh his actions and lack of actions.

Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I think you miss read my post, while I used Obama as my prime example he is not the only person this is done to. My issue is with people that will flip their beliefs and pr opinions just to continue to argue and accuse a person.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Apologies. I did misread your post. I got to the "deal with it" and dug no deeper. Thanks for clarification.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Some people are waltzed along like an orchestra from the maestro's baton by the newest trend in media or propaganda being fed them.

Some people though have their principles and stick to them no matter what and have a very dynamic complex thought process and could be given to be deemed as hypocritical if their views are not deciphered to be what they actually are.

But the biggest hypocrites and flip floppers are all in Government.

new topics

top topics

join