It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIFT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anyone play Rift? It's a F2P mmo. It really is very F2P as well. At most a few bucks to gain auction house access, but that is possible to get from playing .. just take way too long.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
yes, Played it before it went free to play, game was freaking amazing. After it went F2P it turned into utter horse #. Pve is still ok, PVP is just bad. They took 3 years worth of our pvp achievements and erased them in 3.0 and made pvp armor irrelevant. some of us spent years on that stuff. Editing: Forgot to mention its completely pay to win now. RNG on everything and it's rigged.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes. Although I have been taking a break for a while.

It's definitely F2P. The 'pay to win' is exaggerated. Especially towards later levels. The pay-to-win certainly gives strong PVP advantage for a while though.

I play a Warlock/Chloromancer mage.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

My brother hasn't bought anything other than AH and is doing just fine. I don't see anything you need you can't get in game free.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I played in 2011. My brother just started playing so i started back up. Any recommendation on a good server?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Played up until about 3 months ago until my health made it difficult to really play enough to keep up with current content.

As someone who started in beta, I will say that it never has been pay to win, unless that changed in the last few months. The did make it so you need to be both a PVP'er and PVE'er to get anywhere even if all you want to do is just PVP or just PVE. An good guild is really the only way to advance in the game. Solo play leaves you under geared for end game content.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I just hit 65 (well 10% left). I always liked the concept, outside WoW it's the best by far. Hoping to find a decent guild.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
omg i had a massive reply written and the site went all 404 when i tried to post it. Lost the entire thing

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
omg i had a massive reply written and the site went all 404 when i tried to post it. Lost the entire thing

That is one of the most frustrating things.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Yeah, Took 15 minutes to write lol, I don't want to do it again. I'll sum it up, Rift was amazing, Now it's more meh, but still ok. As far as F2P, it's definitely one of the better ones.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yeah not looking to spend money. I havent seen anything better outside WoW.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

A rock with googly eyes is better then the current state of wow

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I beta tested for the back in the day. Was AMAZING!

Recently started playing again, ironically yesterday. Still love it and my characters still exist!

Havent had a chance to explore the Pay 2 Win features but I dont see them destroying this game with P2W. Its just too good!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I haven't played since WotLK. I stopped when Cata came out.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: capragenus
I beta tested for the back in the day. Was AMAZING!

Recently started playing again, ironically yesterday. Still love it and my characters still exist!

Havent had a chance to explore the Pay 2 Win features but I dont see them destroying this game with P2W. Its just too good!

I did beta and played with my then GF until lvl 50. Just started up again myself. IF you need features like AH look for a cheap game code, gets you LOTS of nice bonuses for pretty cheap.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The best way to get gear to be able to run expert dungeons is the gear you get from the chest when you win a warfront and of course do all your daliles and weekly's for rep and currency. You want to get to the palace in Drahiem as soon as you can to get the dailies there. Have fun, I miss it, lots of friends there but...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I skipped Draumheim, I leveled to 64.5 in gorobo Reef without leaving .. so I went to Glacier to get some better gear while I quested. I will check Draum out I love how its split between water and land.

Oh I have about 10 Jolt bags, 20 Intrepid adventure blue bags, some nightmare bags, a few crab boxes, blue to epic, and a few other things that give lvl 65 gear.
edit on 29-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Played it and it was fun. I do not like the model now and the play style.
I have been playing SWTOR from alpha , and the new expac is awesome.
SO I guess I will stay with SWTOR until something far better comes out.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I have played Rift for years, about to play here in a minute. I played back when it was $14 a month and now free and there is very little - to no difference in game play. If you pay to play it doesn't make you any better than someone who doesn't!

I actually appreciate that I don't have to pay a monthly fee therefore, I don't mind throwing some money their way via the shop for vanity items from time to time.
*I have never bought upgrades from the shop for my armor or weapons and still I hang with the best of them in PVP. It has a lot to do with skills, upgrading weapons/armor via "working for it" and knowing how to play your character, not what you bought!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I haven't played since WotLK. I stopped when Cata came out.

Same here. I had a max lvl char of every class on horde side. Loved my Ptotection Pally and affliction warlock. Don't really care for pvp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join