It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You At Least Acknowledge Weather Modification Exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Okay here we go another dreaded "chemtrail" thread. I know you do not believe there is any such thing as a "chemtrail".

I think we are getting to wrapped up in semantics with this one, as we do with so many topics.

Would you at least admit that weather modification exists?

Here is a recent You Tube Video outlining a government report about said weather modification. It talks about programs specifically designed to alter the weather with cloud seeding.

Okay, maybe there doesn't have to be a "chemtrail". Cirrus clouds? Is it possible that all cirrus clouds are not naturally forming? Either way, whatever you want to call those strange lines that criss cross the sky at strange intervals (normal plane traffic? LOL), they can not be all due to commercial travel.

For anyone to expect a reasonable person to accept this as being factual is to deny ignorance.

The video is short.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Of course weather Mods exist. The Olympics used weather modification to remove the clouds near the stadium.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Okay here we go another dreaded "chemtrail" thread. I know you do not believe there is any such thing as a "chemtrail".

I think we are getting to wrapped up in semantics with this one, as we do with so many topics.

Would you at least admit that weather modification exists?

Here is a recent You Tube Video outlining a government report about said weather modification. It talks about programs specifically designed to alter the weather with cloud seeding.

Okay, maybe there doesn't have to be a "chemtrail". Cirrus clouds? Is it possible that all cirrus clouds are not naturally forming? Either way, whatever you want to call those strange lines that criss cross the sky at strange intervals (normal plane traffic? LOL), they can not be all due to commercial travel.

For anyone to expect a reasonable person to accept this as being factual is to deny ignorance.

The video is short.

Yes, weather modification exists. And most people accept that as fact. Cloud seeding has been around for years. It's dubious wether it actually works very well though according to results. But cloud seeding (according to its name) seeds clouds. You need a cloud there to start with. But cloud seeding and "chemtrails" (contrails) are 2 completely different things.

Edit: cirrus clouds have been around for years and documented as so too. Way before the 1998 start date of "chemtrails"
edit on 272727/10/1515 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes weather mod aka cloud seeding exists. Its big business in the USA.

www.weathermodification.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

how much do you know about weather modification?

I think that may help you more than asking about it here.

Cloud seeding, Hail suppression, both methods used in weather modification. You can use an aircraft, or rockets fired from the ground. You do need to have existing clouds in order to seed them.

And cirrus clouds have been around since the sky has been here.
scied.ucar.edu...
edit on 27-10-2015 by network dude because: d

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The guy in the video doesn't have a clue. He doesn't understand that cloud seeding is not geo-engineering.

Geo-engineering is SRM, or Solar Radiation Management, Regrowing trees, paining rooftops and roads white, putting iron in the ocean to promote algae growth.

www.engineering.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Short answer YES

The military even acknowledge it

www.globalresearch.ca...

Environmental modification techniques have been applied by the US military for more than half a century. US mathematician John von Neumann, in liaison with the US Department of Defense, started his research on weather modification in the late 1940s at the height of the Cold War and foresaw ‘forms of climatic warfare as yet unimagined’. During the Vietnam war, cloud-seeding techniques were used, starting in 1967 under Project Popeye, the objective of which was to prolong the monsoon season and block enemy supply routes along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

The US military has developed advanced capabilities that enable it selectively to alter weather patterns. The technology, which is being perfected under the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), is an appendage of the Strategic Defense Initiative – ‘Star Wars’. From a military standpoint, HAARP is a weapon of mass destruction, operating from the outer atmosphere and capable of destabilising agricultural and ecological systems around the world.

Weather-modification, according to the US Air Force document AF 2025 Final Report, ‘offers the war fighter a wide range of possible options to defeat or coerce an adversary’, capabilities, it says, extend to the triggering of floods, hurricanes, droughts and earthquakes:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes, weather modification has existed for decades.

No, weather modification is not "chemtrailing" and has nothing to do with "chemtrails" as defined by "chemtrail" believers. However, it is apparent that weather modification is slowing trying to be added to the "chemtrail" myth, though.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

www.globalresearch.ca.

Got something a bit more credible?

US Air Force document AF 2025 Final Report, ‘offers the war fighter a wide range of possible options to defeat or coerce an adversary’, capabilities, it says, extend to the triggering of floods, hurricanes, droughts and earthquakes:

I believe your source is talking about this Air Force paper...

csat.au.af.mil...

where they have this written on the first page...

Disclaimer
2025 is a study designed to comply with a directive from the chief of staff of the Air Force to examine the
concepts, capabilities, and technologies the United States will require to remain the dominant air and space
force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school
environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing concepts related to national defense. The
views expressed in this report are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the
United States Air Force, Department of Defense, or the United States government.
This report contains fictional representations of future situations/scenarios. Any similarities to real people or
events, other than those specifically cited, are unintentional and are for purposes of illustration only.

This publication has been reviewed by security and policy review authorities, is unclassified, and is cleared
for public release.

csat.au.af.mil...

It was a fictional paper and not an actual report.

I see your source wants to blame HAARP for the weather, how does that work?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I worked at the navy base that started military weather modification.

It was done at NWC China Lake and called Operation Popeye.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.globalsecurity.org...

chemtrailsplanet.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's not semantics when a chemtrail believer starts justifying their belief by mentioning weather modification. It's a complete and total failure to understand the subject they are talking about.

If they did understand, they wouldn't do it, and may even realise that chemtrails are bull.
edit on 27-10-2015 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yes, it does exist. I was shown this "cloud seeding" thing in grade school (I think--or I was shown something else, entirely). We had this glass terrarium with mock-trees and landscape--and it had this mesh top with a fan and temperature control in the enclosure. First, it created clouds via the condensation. The lady in the suit (who was a visitor to our class--this was fifth grade in South Carolina, at Orchard Park Elementary, to be precise) put some chemical into the terrarium and managed to create small cyclones and rain--right before our very eyes. I don't remember the specifics, since I was only ten at the time, but I do remember the basics. It seemed very easy.

I don't know, however, what weather modification has to do with chemtrails (if anything). I suppose they could be spraying that chemical to create clouds and stuff, but that would be conjecture. And aren't chemtrails just like pesticide sprays and stuff? How would the spray get into the weather if you can't control the other variables? I know it's possible small-scale but I have no idea how they'd change the procedure for something so large. So that makes me agree with the others saying that chemtrails and weather modification are two separate entities.
edit on 27-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Of course it exist. It just has no link to contrails.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Short answer YES

The military even acknowledge it

Your use of the word "acknowledge" makes it sound as if weather modification is a secret or something.

Cloud seeding has been openly and publicly done for decades. Some municipalities in the U.S. west have public meetings to discuss the hiring of cloud-seeding companies (usually to help agriculture or the skiing industry). Because public funds are being used, county officials normally need to advertise the fact that they are hiring a cloud seeding company.

As for the military, it is logical that the military might use cloud seeding, too, as a possible tactical advantage (if they feel having it rain on the enemy gives them a tactical advantage). Although cloud seeding's effectiveness is somewhat questionable.

Having said that, weather modification through cloud seeding is not considered geoengineering, because cloud seeding is localized weather modification, not a general climate modification.

edit on 10/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
By coincidence, a good, new, article on weather mod. Worth paying attention to the description of what cloud seeders actually do

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 28-10-2015 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Give me the right denomination of bills and I can give you rain.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here you go weather modification...AKA cloud seeding.

Nothing nefarious here, just trying to make it rain.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Where is the OP on all this?

Make a thread, ask a question, then...........crickets.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
archive.org...
The history is long, put in "find" for the word Defense and look at the military involvement. this is long but well worth looking through.

Pennsylvania has earned a reputation of lawlessness relative to cloud seeding.
The past two Secretaries of Agriculture have both stymied all efforts to regulate
weather modification. The Pennsylvania State University has engaged in black-
mail activities against those who want the law enforced, have conducted re-
search in contempt of the law and lied about the outcome of their own results
of cloud seeding. These various agencies have all helped to obstruct law enforce-
ment in the State of Pennsylvania : Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Avia-
tion, Federal Aviation Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Pennsylvania
State University, and all branches of the Federal Government who have or are
doing cloud seeding work. A meteorological Watergate ! 54

Public sentiment in the Potomac Valley, especially among farmers,
has remained strongly opposed to weather modification of all kinds,
and Tri-State Natural Weather Association has continued to lead the
opposition. Once charging only that hail suppression had caused de-
creased rainfall at critical times for farmers, they later also claimed
that cloud seeding materials pollute the atmosphere and induce cancer
and even credited abnormally heavy rainfall to seeding operations.
Paul Hoke, president of Tri-State once stated :

There*s no question that during a dry season, cloud seeding aggravates con-
ditions to produce drought, and during a wet cycle, it triggers even more rain
and probably floods. 55

new charges of illegal cloud
seeding have been forthcoming from the Tri-State Association. Its
vice president, Dr. Edmund R, Hill, professor of earth science at
Gettysburg College and a member of the Pennsylvania Weather Modi-
fication Board, stated that :

According to complaints we get, the pattern is still remaining as it did in the
early 1960's. When a thunderstorm appears to the west or is starting to build
up, a plane will move in mysteriously out of nowhere, and maybe fly once or twice

In a recent article contributed by the Tri-State Natural Weather
Association to a nationally circulated publication devoted to organic
agriculture, the following evils, supposedly brought on by weather
modification, were cataloged :

1. Cloud seeding has been responsible for the great 5-year drought
in the Northeast United States.

2. Isolated sections in the Northeast have experienced 18 years of
drought due to cloud seeding.

3. Weather disturbances in the South Atlantic [sic] have been
eliminated and has reduced [sic] the east coast's rainfall by 30 per-
cent — rain that is needed if agriculture is to be successful.

4. The average dairy farmer on the east coast, living in an area of
cloud seeding, has averaged a net financial loss because of cloud seed-
ing.

5. Crop production losses in Franklin County, Pa., alone have
amounted to $50 million.

6. When effects of seeding wear off, cloudbursts occur, causing
floods, destroying crops, buildings, and drowning people as well as
livestock.

7. Seeding has been responsible for the serious air pollution prob-
lems.

8. Mental retardation and insanity are traceable to cloud seeding
chemicals.

9. Poisoning of all living matter is directly related to cloud seeding.

10. Emphysema is three times higher in areas of heavy cloud
seeding.

11. Cancer is virulently out of proportion.

12. Financial losses to agriculture and related industries run into
the billions.

13. Forest trees as well as cultivated orchards are dying from chem-
ical reactions taking place in the air due to the addition of cloud seed-
ing agents.

14. The atmosphere has been rendered completely biologically in-
compatible with all living matter, which includes animals, plants, and
humans. 57

Tri-State reported that it has requested the President of the United
States to announce a ban on all cloud seeding on or over the Appa-
lachian Mountains and the Atlantic Coastal Plain for 3 years, or until
a Federal regulatory commission is established, in order to "permit the
economy to recover." 58

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That is the same document referenced in the video of the OP.
Weather modification doesn't have much oversight in most areas from what I have learned. So there is room for abuse if that was the goal. But again, weather modification is not geo-engineering or chemtrails. It's a localized effort to change weather.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join