It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about the ATS Hall Of Fame? How about the most viewed? How about the most replies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We have most flagged OP's. We have stars for replies. I have a few other ideas.

How about the ATS Hall Of Fame? How about the most viewed? How about the most replies?

Not all OP's get replies, but they do get read. They do not all get flags, but they may have valuable information.

Do flags and stars have to be the only benchmark for a worthy OP?

The Hall of Fame would be nice to showcase older OP's that were well done and well received. Maybe the top OP's from each category presented together?

I would, also, like for one particular category to get a little more attention, Short Stories, in the Creative forum, gets overlooked often. It may be just an afterthought to some, but there is a bit of effort that goes into the writing of short stories and poems.

I have seen on other sites the statistic for views, so, I thought this could be incorporated here too.
edit on 26-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

How do I view most flagged and starred?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

In each forum room at the top is usually the most flagged topic, on the header at the top where you see the category "TOP" there is a flag next to that too. That takes you to a page with the most recent OP's where you can see categories.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Ah found it. Thanks!

And you're proposing a section dedicated to all forum topics with most flags, stars, and replies.

I think its a great idea. It could help show model forum OP's and example threads.

Only problem is some hot OP's arnt worthy of recognition and just get buzz because of a controversial topic.

Like this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Nope that was not what I proposed, try reading what I wrote frosty.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
We have most flagged OP's. We have stars for replies. I have a few other ideas.

Not all OP's get replies, but they do get read. They do not all get flags, but they may have valuable information.

Do flags and stars have to be the only benchmark for a worthy OP?

The Hall of Fame would be nice to showcase older OP's that were well done and well received. Maybe the top OP's from each category presented together?

I would, also, like for one particular category to get a little more attention, Short Stories, in the Creative forum, gets overlooked often. It may be just an afterthought to some, but there is a bit of effort that goes into the writing of short stories and poems.

I have seen on other sites the statistic for views, so, I thought this could be incorporated here too.

This post causes me to make this general comment about what I've noticed on this website.

I suspect some people come here for the wrong reasons. I see people on this forum virtually begging people to watch their vid, visit their TY channel, their website, claiming that everyone here knows them, etc, etc. Why?

Do not feel that they are anyone outside this forum? Why do they seek approval from anonymous people.

"One should never seek approval from others because they then control your life, one is virtually handing over control to of their lives to others" - Ishia Henkle.

Just for the record, I've been thrown off this forum several times and in the process of trying to get my messages out its likely to happen again. - not suggesting I'm better or worse only that I am me.

I guess we all come here for different reasons.

Having siad that if anyone is to be recognised for their efforts here, perhaps it could those who have built for themselves a reputation for integirty (distinct from being correct in what they say), politness, tactfullness and consistently contributing to this forum in an attempt to expose government wrong doing and conspiracies and for providing others with mind expanding illumination, entertainment and somethng to lighten the mood.

In other words, I favour quality over quantity.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I think it's a good idea - SkepticOverlord captured this well in the thread below, which, imo, should have a permanent spot on the home page.....

Some of the greatest topics on ATS over the last 10 years

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

When doing a search on a worthy topic I have found many old threads with few or no flags.

The star system is a joke because disinfo agents star each other to give the appearance of a false sense of legitimacy - seen it here thousands of times.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't suppose anything in the software is counting thread views.
When I first arrived, there was a "thread view" button available on profiles, but it was deactivated even then. The process was probably abandoned as draining resources.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have to agree that the thread that Sublimecraft linked to is an AMAZING look at notable moments in our history. It really is a must read and will probably keep you busy for hours.

To PlanetXisHERE, the issue there is that stars and flags were introduced later on so all of the early threads from so many years ago will not have either. I agree that kinda sucks.

To DISRAELI, you're right, at the beginning we did have a display of how many times a thread was viewed along with how many replies it had. As ATS grew it became tremendously taxing for those calculations to be redone every time someone loaded a page and we were forced to drop the feature. It was a nifty thing to be able to see how many people had read what you wrote but without exaggeration, the moment that was disabled it was as though someone injected rocket fuel into the site. Everything responded so much faster. It was amazing to see how much lag time could be caused by what most of us thought was a simple calculation.

Finally, to soulpowertothendegree, you're right that certain forums get overlooked. I think that's tragic, really. The writing forums are on top of that list. We have such wonderful creative minds here and some of the stuff in there are real gems. Also the debate forum, if any of you have never read any of our debates from the past... I highly recommend them. The quality and depth of the arguments presented there is just awesome. I hope one day we can bring back the debates because it results in awesome content, it's just a huge undertaking. The participants have to dedicate many hours, we have to find impartial judges to spend hours reading through it etc. But I'm optimistic that they'll return.

Anyways, sorry for not using the "reply to" but my phone doesn't seem to like that when I'm replying to more than one person. Go figure

edit on Oct 27th 2015 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join