It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
www.skynews.com.au...

A Palestinian girl has been shot dead by Israeli border police as she allegedly attempted to stab officers in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.

'A Palestinian woman acting suspiciously approached border police forces. She was requested to identify herself when she suddenly drew a knife and approached the forces yelling. The forces shot at her and neutralised her,' a police statement said after Sunday's incident.

- See more at: www.skynews.com.au...

But according to witnesses, there is another story.

However several witnesses disputed the official version of events.

One of them, Abdu Khader, said he was only metres away when he saw Irshaid approach the checkpoint, wearing a white headscarf.

'She presented her backpack to soldiers who proceeded to search it,' he told AFP.

'I heard them calling her and saying 'Where is the knife? Where is the knife?' She took a step back but there were a dozen soldiers behind her. They shot seven or eight times,' he said.

- See more at: www.skynews.com.au...

We've seen this scenario played out before, police vs witnesses. The police say they were under attack and had no choice but to kill the 17 year old girl. Their story makes her sound like she was martyring herself, yelling about something while branding a knife looking for a target. With all the knife attacks lately this story is becoming common place in the area.

But the witnesses story says the girl was having her bag searched by the police who were questioning her about a knife and to identify herself. There's one video on Youtube that shows the aftermath but so far no video of the event unfolding. I've read that there are CC cameras in the area so maybe one of those videos will surface online so we can see how this awful event transpired.

Tensions between Israel and the Palestinians only continue to escalate. No solutions in sight.

edit on 25-10-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Without the video it is impossible to know the details unfortunately. Hopefully it will be released.
edit on 25-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pacify Israel's violence by not publicizing it. Report on good news.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
video evidence has helped spawn new laws here in the US against police brutality.

It will always be otherwise, OUR LEO's words VS. their words. the Israeli police win (mortal kombat voice: Fatality)

i hope more (truth) light is shed on this.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My vote goes with the Witness. It is far too common. There is no video now because the story would be clear. Delay, delays impact.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blissful

So ignore all the violence and hope it goes away?

Yeah, good plan, not talking about it and pretending it doesn't exist is a proven method to ending anything and everything!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In a situation like this witness testimony is worthless,if the micheal brown case taught us anything it has taught us that biased "witnesses" will flat out lie to make the other side look bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
My vote goes with the Witness. It is far too common. There is no video now because the story would be clear. Delay, delays impact.

Not surprising really. Authority is always wrong right? The witnesses are let me guess all arabs? yeah Biased for sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I love how the majority of the images of "Palestinian terrorism" shows people throwing rocks, or at worst a poorly made Molotov cocktail type thing. However, 8 out of 10 times it's rocks.

While the Israelis simply shoot the rock throwers and in many instances attempt to instigate the rock throwing for the purposes of killing them, even children.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just another day in this apartheid way of life.

Life is cheap, especially if it's genuine semitic blood.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: ugmold

Not surprising really. Authority is always wrong right? The witnesses are let me guess all arabs? yeah Biased for sure.

Well you certainly are guessing with hint of arrogance. I believe they have video at the checkpoint, why not present and shame that witness like they deserve?

top topics

join