It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - Your Take?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
By throwing out such wild stories and claiming them to be the truth
without any evidence whatsoever he manages to do more harm to
this subject than most other people who make these claims.

I just clicked on the Way Above for this one. The fellow is harming
the 'cause' of finding truth. He's milking $$ from people who want
to know what's going on and some are very desperate to understand
an event that happened in their own lives.

(BTW - I find the shape-shifting concept to be interesting and
considering that we are just a bunch of small pieces put together,
why wouldn't it be possible? If could be ... if we understood
ourselves and our spiritual side better ... at least that's what
I think)

[edit on 1/4/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
im happy to see most of you scoff at this guy

hes an obvious BS'er
in my opinion

those whom use wild claims to sell books usually are just
Greedy Money Hungery BS'ers

personally i dont believe in the silly reptile theorys because there isnt a single SHRED of EVIDENCE for it!!!

oh ya?
Show me the Reptilians bones
show me its DNA samples
show me a body

wheres the concrete evidence?
oh ya; it probably doesnt exist at all

because its obvious that we are WASTING our time on this stuff

we should spend our time investigating credible UFO storys instead of stupid theorys based on NO evidence
heck theres nothing proving Reptilians existance
Especially NO evidence supporting these "shapeshifter" claims and
certainly NO evidence supporting the suggestion that these Reptilians "rule earth" or are involved in "secret government positions of power"

saying a human being like GWB or QE2 is a reptile in disguise is just absolutely rediculous
theres NO evidence of it
theres not even a HINT of evidence pointing in that direction

its just people whom i believe to be silly and rediculous, whom are VERY BORED with normal life and find it Unexciting ; so what do they do? go believe in every reptiloid conspiracy theory out on the internet....

i dont have a CLUE why people believe in this stuff tho
other than boredom

earthlife with humans just dont exite their imagination anymore i suppose

and yes ill shut up and apoligize if anyone can offer me Serious Conclusive Concrete evidence of the existance of a reptilian race of aliens or terrestrial underground remanents of the dinosaurs or Whatever crazy explanation there is....

And NO, silly pictures of reptiloids from Stargate SG-1 or StarTrek wont be considered "evidence"
And NO, silly quotes from wildmen like David Icke is NOT evidence either!

I WANT a BODY!!
a Scale sample at least! so we can reveal to the world the evidence

until then, i consider it quackery

sorry to be blunt but theres thousand of people claiming the existance of this phenomena and there isnt ONE shred of evidence!

if there is? im waitin to see it!

When you say there is no proof, do you count eye witness accounts as a form of evidence, or perhaps quite a few eye witness accounts as evidence? Do a tiny bit of research if you do, then your mind may be more open to it.
Do you know everything? No? what dont you know? ... why not research some more instead of waiting for evidence to find you?

I'm not decided on his theories, but he has inspired me so far to keep a much more open mind to ANY theories i hear about.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
"Icke speaks and thinks very fast (he�s British ) and if someone genuinly asks him a question he can�t give a satisfactory answer to without writing a 5-10 minute reply"

See when some one "talks fast" the facts get messed up, your brain can't comprehend it so you say to your self out of confusion "Oh ok?" .. "huh O! I get it" ... "that makes sense" , combined that with a massive amount of information, that gives a combination for brainwashing. Its really easy to do. All he is doing is making outrageous claims and making sense out of them. With conspiracy you should always drawl you own conclusions Ike is making them for you without you even knowing it.

By that logic I wouldn�t believe a person speaking VERY SLOoooOOOW about these issues then? LOL, Well I know thats not true so...

Said it before and say it again, Icke is NOT, contrary to popular belief, the best authority on the reptilian/illuminati issues.

For some reason he seems to be the best known. Guess he was the most easy to debunk. Look up the stories of Stewart Swerdlow, Al Bielek, Phil Schneider(RIP), Preston Nichols & Duncan Cameron...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

personally i dont believe in the silly reptile theorys because there isnt a single SHRED of EVIDENCE for it!!!

oh ya?
Show me the Reptilians bones
show me its DNA samples
show me a body

wheres the concrete evidence?
oh ya; it probably doesnt exist at all

One could say the same thing about aliens of course...

However, at least with aliens, we have thousands of witnesses throughout time. We see them in the art of old. We also have numerous photos and videos of their craft, as well as reams of documentation from the government supporting their existence.

We don't have this with the Reptoids. While one can mention a lizard headed statue, we cannot throw out that peoples often worshipped animal headed gods, so this is likely taken out of context. Whereas with a UFO in a Renaissance painting, it's hard to take a saucer in the sky with people looking up in awe at it, out of context.

I also might add, that there is actually a scientific explanation for extra terrestrial life in the universe, the "DRAKE" equation. Were reptoids which are supposedly from earth have no scientific backing. This is what makes it such an outrageous claim. Thats like saying a human can punch through a 10 foot think reinforced steel wall it just can't happen.

and you wonder why so many people think people who study this are crazy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

David Icke isn't in it for the money. That's not hard to see.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoia

Why do you think he's an obvious bull #ter? That doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlesfrith
reply to post by FlyersFan

David Icke isn't in it for the money. That's not hard to see.

You're joking right?

Icke was thrown out as a sports presenter because he was insane. Still is.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dawnaj

I have question marks over Al Bielek. Steward Swerdlow is solid though.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by healthysceptic

David Icke wasn't thrown out of anything. His career/vocation changed. It's not difficult.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Victor the Cleaner

The Icke Lacerta evidence is well documented. I'm surprised you missed that. http://(link tracking not allowed)/mOGqtL

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

David Icke is not an affluent man. Giving up his BBC job for the call of God or whatever 20 years ago has earned him ridicule and rejection. Those aren't lucrative career decisions.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nibiru

The holographic universe is fact. Mind manifests matter. Not the other way round.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

The holographic universe is science. Mind manifest matter and not the other way round. This thinking isn't proselytized by the elite as it makes people question reality. As it happens the transdimensional phenomena of the holographic universe also helps to explain the shape shifting Annunaki and their bloodline interests.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iksmodnad

The documented evidence for reptoids is extensive. The only reason a person could think otherwise is insufficient research. Demanding reptoid bones for evidence reveals a lot of ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by healthysceptic

David Icke wasn't thrown out of anything. His career/vocation changed. It's not difficult.

Fom en.wikipedia.org...

Icke was a well-known BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when he had an encounter in 1990 with a psychic who told him he was a healer placed on Earth for a purpose. In April 1991 he announced on the BBC's Terry Wogan show that he was the son of God, and predicted that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes. The show changed his life, turning him practically overnight from a respected household name into an object of public ridicule.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by iksmodnad

The documented evidence for reptoids is extensive. The only reason a person could think otherwise is insufficient research. Demanding reptoid bones for evidence reveals a lot of ignorance.

Not true. The only reason a person could believe this is through extreme gullability. Or ignorance. Or a 'condition'.
edit on 6-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: typo

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I like him even if he can get out there sometimes. As many have said before, sprinkle real truths in with known fairy tales and keep your life. I must say though his reptilian theory is interesting and in the far chance that it is true....scary.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
At first glance, Icke seemed as nuts to me as he does to most of the posters on this thread.

However, when I decided to do some digging, I was pretty surprised by what I found- some information that I think a lot of people are completely oblivious to, seeing as how the whole reptilian thing seems to dominate any Icke conversation. People who write him off as a BS'er should also pay attention.

Icke was a completely "normal" person (as in he was a typical 'sheeple') until around 1990. He was a prominent soccer player in his early years, and then became a TV reporter. He was a familiar face to countless Brits, and was very well respected- respected enough to dabble in politics (in the Green Party).

It was during his dabbling in Politics that he started to feel a "presence" around him. It got so intense that he ended up going to a psychic, who told him some presence was trying to contact him. He then went to Peru, and had some kind of 'information download' while standing on a hillside.

According to him, this download completely blew his mind- to the point where he now claims that back in 1990-1991, if you would have asked him what planet he was living on, he would of had to think about it for a moment. He called this his "turquoise" period, as all he wore was turquoise colored clothes. It was during this time he did a bunch of interviews, particularly a TV interview with Terry Wogan.

This Wogan interview pretty much devastated his social status to the point where he nor his family could walk down the street without being ridiculed. Check out this vid to get what I'm talking about:

As his mind started clearing up, he began to be 'led' to specific materials and ideas about conspiracies and the nature of reality. He's described it as a presence pointing him in the right direction to help deliver a specific message.

Now, to all the people calling him a fraud, a few questions.

1. How on earth could a TV reporter-turned politician- the most seemingly 'normal' person around- suddenly turn into a conspiracy freak and publish upwards of 10 books and countless articles/lectures in under 20 years? Doesn't doing stuff like this, especially in the era before the internet, need a whole lot of time, focus, and previous knowledge about where to look for such information? David Icke's books have been called by some to be the rosetta stone of conspiracies.

2. If you watch the Wogan interview from the 1990's, you can easily see that Icke was completely mental during the interview. He seemed like he was in a complete daze- since then, he's become much more fluent and focused. So what is the explanation for this? If he was a fraud, wouldn't he have at least been able to appear fluent and composed- especially having been a TV reporter himself for years before hand?

3. His change of view completely destroyed his previous life. For most of the 1990s, everyone wrote him off as a crazy. He had an extremely limited following, which meant little financial success. If he is a fraud, then why on earth would he have gone in this direction? Would he have not given up when his social career completely plummeted down the drain?

Sure, Icke's views are waaaayyyy out there, but his own personal story seems to suggest that in the early 1990s, he had some kind of life-changing experience that really did change who he was.

To me, this seems to suggest he is not a fraud... but in the utmost skeptical of opinions, a deranged man who somehow has been able to write a dozen books and garner a giant following.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My take on Icke? You mean his grandstanding, plagiarizing, opportunistic, redundant, pretentious, self-absorbed blustering?

His own name says it all...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't believe for a second that he's a fraud. I totally believe that he believes what he is saying. He's a top notch researcher and a lot of his material on bloodlines and false flag attacks have been copied much over by others. He's obvious quite sharp and most of his research is back by sources with tons of footnotes. People shouldn't focus on his more flamboyant material and instead focus on his writings and lectures on control.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join