It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it too late for the human race to enjoy harmony?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

originally posted by: odzeandennz
its too late. its foolish thinking to even try to idealize otherwise.

Man knew what it would take to live harmoniously 600 years ago, before we even were devising powerful weapons to kill each other and the Earth .

its our nature.
we need to simply accept it.

I think the difference now is that we do have the means, the intellect, and the drive to make change. We are working towards free energy, and environmentally friendly alternatives. If it is in our nature, how do you explain so many signs of change? People wanting peace, happiness, to do less harm to the planet, ect?

let me reassure you, from an evolutionary stand point the intellect has not changed. just the context.
so people did not want peace, happiness or preserve nature years ago?
nothing here we didnt already know.
im almost certain im not lying...
i can predict 200 years from today, there will be an equivalent of this thread, in whatever form it manifest itself, posing the same questions.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well my point is we've come a long way from judging, accepting hate, racism, and have a new modern way of thinking. A way of thinking that in time will unify the human race like no other in the past. We are slowly removing labels, and breaking down that which we have previously thought to divide us.
edit on 24-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Three steps forward and two back. We'll get there eventually.
If we survive.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
All hope is not lost.

We, in our lifetimes, are witness to pivotal, crucial, and mystifying times. Humanity now sits on the precipice of their destiny. We are in amidst a shadow war between the Machine and the Spirit. If either side wins, its the loss of a genuine marvel. The objective, our objective, is the perfect balance between the two, for unilateral progression. The Veil is fading between rapidly between worlds, and both sides are all in during this Quickening. All the clichés are true. Everything the Yogis and Chi masters told you are true. Everything the fringe science conspiracy theorists suggested is true. We face a convergence and critical mass. It is up to the residents of this planet to act, and their landlords to make concessions, to usher in a new age of summit.

The Dragons are here, and here in great numbers.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
In my opinion as we stand we're only ruled by greed. Humanity strives to make the individual better and not the majority.

This then leads us to a cycle of depression, addiction, bla bla bla.... In short this cycle is more negative than it is positive.

The only way to live in harmony is to remove greed in its entirety. That basically means we have to remove everyone's understanding and comprehension of greed / addiction and turn it into the opposite. Something positive such as the ability to TRULY work together and understand one another.

Only then can we actually live in what you want to call Harmony.

Edit - When I say greed I mean everything that prevents us from harmony. Greed is just a good word choice because it's the reason we work to live, it's the reason we wage wars, it's the reason we become jealous, and it's the reason we become addicted to bad habits. Because we want them.
edit on 27-10-2015 by Delteis because: Clarifying my opinion

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Each person has their own journey, their own trail to the same goal of awakening, kindness, and love. How we get there is our own path, made specifically for each and every one of us. It is inevitable, as they say

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The problem is that when we are "together" in a loving way, we are vulnerable to harm, and many would disagree and see it as a kind of weakness, in acceptance of the dangerous nature of reality.

Somehow we have to be united, but not just united in peace, united also when under threat - this would cause us to behave malevolently in order to ensure collective strength, but also in times of despair, when we really do need it, assure comfort.

You would then ask of our "enemies" - simple, they either leave us alone or join us.
edit on 2-11-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

Wow... haven't heard that one in decades.

Thanks for the memories

top topics

<< 1   >>

join