It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it too late for the human race to enjoy harmony?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In the past decade we have seen more acceptance in the up coming generations. We have seen a variation of "awakening" that I call open-minded awareness.

We've seen spirituality take a change from being labeled "hippy". To a more accepted and common topic amongst all people.

This generation is waking up and realising that the way we live right now, is a path of self-destruction. We are coming to love one another, accept differences, respect opinions.

I believe this is just the first step of many that prove are are shifting to the right path to becoming in tune with nature, and eventually, our planet.

We can not love the planet as a collective, until we love ourselves, and its inhabitants.

In my opinion we are working towards realizing the impact of our mistakes, forgiving ourselves for them, then taking the rightful paths to achieve a better world.

I do not claim that this will happen in our life time, or a lifetime after that. I only claim we show signs of being on the right path, and that future generations are not too late to enjoy harmony with the planet.
edit on 24-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

This generation is waking up and realising that the way we live right now, is a path of self-destruction. We are coming to love one another, accept differences, respect opinions.
Something from a couple of generations back:

Harmony and understanding, sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions, golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelations, and the mind's true liberation.

Let the sunshine.

edit on 10/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i hope not but i think so.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Divided we fall. United we stand.

This does not just applies for chair legs.

We are not the only specie on Earth. We are part of the biosphere. We need to keep working together and better our environment instead of destroying it with wars.

edit on 24-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What is this harmony you are writing about?

I don't want to be in anyone's gang or anyone's party or anyone's collective. I am a fierce individualist who needs the space to be their unique self, free from the shackles of someone else's idea about how I should behave and forcing it upon me. I don't want to live another man's vision. I want to live my own vision. I don't even want to force it on anyone else to make me feel all superior. I am happy to go along with certain collective laws to maintain an order and protection for us all that insure civilized living environments, but I don't want to be in any collective.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It could happen, but we will all be dead when it does. Everybody who is now alive will be dead before it happens.

Humanity will begin again. In rubble. let's hope they have better judgment and there are still a few history books around so they can see where everything went wrong.
edit on 10/24/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

let's hope they have better judgment and there are a few history books around so they can see where everything went wrong.

Where, exactly, did everything go wrong? When we learned the art of agriculture?

BTW, ever hear the expression history is written by the victors?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nice post! I tend to agree with you. I know I'm cynical at times, but at the core, I have hope and I believe in the possibilities. And I definitely believe in the 'younger generation'. Man, I just sounded SO old!

originally posted by: Phage
Let the sunshine.

I was singing this song earlier TODAY. I opened the shade and there it was! (It's been raining here all week)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's been in my head for a week. My daughter asked me about Hair. Gonna watch it with her tomorrow. That should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

A collective respect for the pursuit of happiness and general moral value. You wouldnt need lose individuality.

Harmony as in, we are not killing the planet we live on, but living with it, instead of on it.

In biological terms, we shouldnt be leeches sucking life from the planet. Mutual symbiosis, not parasitism.
edit on 24-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
its too late. its foolish thinking to even try to idealize otherwise.

Man knew what it would take to live harmoniously 600 years ago, before we even were devising powerful weapons to kill each other and the Earth .

its our nature.
we need to simply accept it.

edit on 24-10-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's been in my head for a week. My daughter asked me about Hair. Gonna watch it with her tomorrow. That should be interesting.

Interesting because you'll be watching with your daughter - or because you've never seen it?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Watching with my 13 year old daughter.
I've seen it.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
its too late. its foolish thinking to even try to idealize otherwise.

Man knew what it would take to live harmoniously 600 years ago, before we even were devising powerful weapons to kill each other and the Earth .

its our nature.
we need to simply accept it.

I think the difference now is that we do have the means, the intellect, and the drive to make change. We are working towards free energy, and environmentally friendly alternatives. If it is in our nature, how do you explain so many signs of change? People wanting peace, happiness, to do less harm to the planet, ect?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That will be fun. 13 is perfect :-)

For her - and most of all for our OP

Sloppy optimism - best song ever:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

We've seen spirituality take a change from being labeled "hippy". To a more accepted and common topic amongst all people.

I believe this is just the first step of many that prove are are shifting to the right path to becoming in tune with nature, and eventually, our planet.

Absolutely. The world is becoming more and more Loving everyday. There are Human Rights standing up for the right to Life and Liberty (Equality).

edit on 24-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

let's hope they have better judgment and there are a few history books around so they can see where everything went wrong.

Where, exactly, did everything go wrong? When we learned the art of agriculture?

BTW, ever hear the expression history is written by the victors?

Sure, agriculture will do. Your land has a creek and I want the creek and then I can grow the food and have the drink and it will all belong to me. If you want my food and water you will have to do as I say.

How's that for starters?

Yes, I've heard history is written by the victors which is the downfall of my little theory. It might give them ideas.
edit on 10/24/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Your land has a creek and I want the creek and then I can grow the food and have the drink and it will all belong to me. If you want my food and water you will have to do as I say.

That doesn't make any sense. You said my land has the creek. Why do I have to do what you say?

But you think territorial disputes started with agriculture? As far as I know, cheetahs are not very good farmers but they seem to fight over territory. To the death. Why would any hunter/gatherer be different?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You said my land has the creek. Why do I have to do what you say?

But see, this is what makes it interesting. This scenario can play out in different ways. For example, some might murder you to take your land. Like thieves in the night. Some might enslave you at gunpoint to do the labor of farming. The rest of the peeps could start a war against you.

Others might determine the best thing to do is make the land with the creek and surrounding farmland a community property for the good of the community, and sing "Let the Sunshine In" as they farm it together.

They are beginning again.

It's up to them how they are going to live.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ok, our commune is doing great. What about what the guys upstream crapping in the river?

Kumbaya.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join