It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing To Hide, Nothing To Fear...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Some might say "I don't care if they violate my privacy; I've got nothing to hide." Help them understand that they are misunderstanding the fundamental nature of human rights. Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority.

But even if they could, help them think for a moment about what they're saying. Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.
A free press benefits more than just those who read the paper.

It's known as a thought terminating cliche, and is a license for the ignorant plebs not to have to think or have an informed opinion, which they generally are never too proud or lazy to take. That's why it's effective. As soon as you give a person any reason not to give a damn, they surely will, even if taken in perspective it's completely shaded by objective reality. It grants them that dangerous fantasy. And, since people truly are that stupid, they must deserve to live under a microscope. It's like telling someone "you don't have to do it, but if you want to". Think it'll get done? Nope. So it's effectively a cheap hack on human nature that pushes the sleep button on dolts, and makes them feel smart for it, like they cheated the system for not having to think. I've even noticed when people say it, they tend to get a smarmy grin and stare off into space. "Parasite Prime has taken control", pulling the strings that moves their lips without ever engaging their brains.

That's what I hate about it.

Those idiots aren't willing to throw away their rights and would whine and cry about it if they ever felt the sting personally. They're simply more unwilling to think through simple problems, and be on the spot for having a wrong / weak opinion, so they revert to parroting safe ones, no matter how stupid and self defeating.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

I was falsely accused of being aggressive once, would have been super helpfull if i would have been under surveillance, because: i have and had nothing to hide.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Were you convicted?. If not you have the basis to file suit for damages.

If you were convicted, it was probably because you could not afford to procure adequate legal representation.

Po' man's penalty.........

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So you're going with what would benefit you in this particular case. What if people browsing conspiracy websites were suddenly categorized as potential terrorist for questioning the system? You think you have nothing to hide because from your own view point, you're not doing anything wrong. But in a world with no privacy, you're not the one who decides what's wrong and what's right.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I had no representation and lost everything thanks to three dicks telling the same fabricated story. They wanted to get rid off me and did.
If the recorded conversations from my mobile or sthg could have been used for investigations... I would have been so happy!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Governments, through law enforcement agencies, are pushing this meme to the nth degree - almost to the point of desensitizing the general population that they are going to assume full control of your personal life whether you want it or not. and of course the duped kardashian crowd lap it up as long as you don't take away their facebook which they blindly post their entire lives on anyway.

It is mind numbing how powerful the propaganda behemoth is in convincing folks that the government has their best interests at heart and that everything government does is for the betterment of the individual and his/her living standards...so they have nothing to fear - just be good little taxpayers and obey all laws and don't question big brothers domestic and foreign policies decisions.

But, let me break it down so as to expose the double standard......

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" does not apply to the government - otherwise they would declassify everything and whilstle-blowers would be heroes - not hunted.

The government hides lots of information and secrets, because they fear the population waking up and overthrowing all they (the global elite bloodlines) have spent hundreds of years creating - the foundations of the NWO.

Rage against the machine of oppression.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I still would have to break a law to be in trouble.
Just enjoying a good conspiracy makes no one a terrorist.
But if i would give up my privacy i would expect my gouvernement to do the same.
A secret-free society would alter the definition of what is normal and help us all getting over some of our schizophrenic standards we as societies have.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You still may have the statute of limitations working in your favor to re-open the case.

Find representation first though, but not a standard run of the mill attorney.

Maybe find someone to coach you and go "pro se" with it, there is help out there if you take the time to find it.

I have done this before and it bought me enough time to avoid being destroyed completely by the whole mess.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ah!, another who is in agreement with me that society and this so very unnatural existence we are in causes mental damage and mental illness.

It do, It do.

Ayeet.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

All the lies we get told from the first day we enter the big machine of assimilation, like the tale of equality of opportunity...

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Governments, through law enforcement agencies, are pushing this meme to the nth degree - almost to the point of desensitizing the general population that they are going to assume full control of your personal life whether you want it or not. and of course the duped kardashian crowd lap it up as long as you don't take away their facebook which they blindly post their entire lives on anyway.

It is mind numbing how powerful the propaganda behemoth is in convincing folks that the government has their best interests at heart and that everything government does is for the betterment of the individual and his/her living standards...so they have nothing to fear - just be good little taxpayers and obey all laws and don't question big brothers domestic and foreign policies decisions.

But, let me break it down so as to expose the double standard......

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" does not apply to the government - otherwise they would declassify everything and whilstle-blowers would be heroes - not hunted.

The government hides lots of information and secrets, because they fear the population waking up and overthrowing all they (the global elite bloodlines) have spent hundreds of years creating - the foundations of the NWO.

Rage against the machine of oppression.

I wonder if true patriots ever even existed or just a made up fairy tail giving all of humanity a fake sense of security. If historical patriots really did exist, what the hell happened?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I had no representation and lost everything thanks to three dicks telling the same fabricated story. They wanted to get rid off me and did.
If the recorded conversations from my mobile or sthg could have been used for investigations... I would have been so happy!

Recorded conversations can be used as evidence.

It's not up to the public to provide it, though.

Legal representation is provided by the public, why not use that?
edit on 24-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Was just using it as example & am working on that, but thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

No problem, hopefully we can agree that your example is not one that should justify a surveillance state.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority.

This was very well said! This is exactly why we have a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy.

If I were Supreme Queen of Everything, I would start drilling this into our kids' heads in kindergarten and every year thereafter. Knowledge is power. Kids would grow up knowing exactly what their rights are... and are NOT.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People who feel that they have nothing to hide and don't care if they are watched don't realize that it is like being a cow in the field with a number tag in its ear.
I ask people who have nothing to hide if I can come by their place and snoop around, no one has said yes.
Guess they are hiding something.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't mind exhibiting how someone with integrity operates. I would require a fee for my likeness-however, should I copyright it? Would that mean I cannot live within my own skin?

Think of the watchers having to sit through it and have to let it sink in...without making a bunch of cgi accusations, ofcourse.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
An even simpler explanation is this: some people are controlling, some people are nosy, some people like to share everything about themselves, and some people are secretive or like privacy. Most people have all of these traits, depending on the subject. The problem comes when people use pressure or laws to get others to comply with one of these.

edit on 24-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

"Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority."

Rights. Human rights. American rights. Rights so many have died to preserve...

Imagine a day when our streets and highways have barbed wire checkpoints with uniformed, armed enforcers.

You stop and they ask you to 'show your papers'... and you do. Driver's licence, proof of insurance and tag receipt. But then they want more; they basically order you to exit, open your trunk and then allow them to search your vehicle.

If you choose to claim your rights as a citizen and say 'no', you end up cuffed and in the back of a dark vehicle. If your friends and/or family are with you, they disappear from sight. As you wait to be released, one of these goons pokes their head in and asks if you are ready to confess.

Confess to what? We were going to town to do some shopping.
The door slams shut, the engine starts and you feel yourself being transported... this is the last anyone ever sees of you.

'Rights' are today being waned out... their value degraded, their ability to protect you, drained.
It is my view that... within a very short time from today, events such as what was just banged out will become so common that nobody will even think a second thought.

We will be told that it is for our good, our protection. And we will... what?

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

You've titled yourself, 'Prophet of Doom' but... if it was my call, I'd replace the last word with, 'Truth'.

Best

edit on 24-10-2015 by redoubt because: typos

edit on 24-10-2015 by redoubt because: cursed with typos

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I still would have to break a law to be in trouble.
Just enjoying a good conspiracy makes no one a terrorist.
But if i would give up my privacy i would expect my gouvernement to do the same.
A secret-free society would alter the definition of what is normal and help us all getting over some of our schizophrenic standards we as societies have.

1. "Just enjoying a good conspiracy makes no one a terrorist."

But speaking about it will be....WeAreChange....How long do you think it will be before talking about it becomes illegal..and with technology, thinking about it....

2. "But if i would give up my privacy i would expect my government to do the same".

Yea right..Secrecy is the tool of governments..they will never give it up, but will expect you to....All in the name of safety of course.

Just being here on ATS makes us potential "Domestic Terrorists". If not today then....

As Sublimecraft says.."Rage against the machine of oppression." cause its tip-toeing up to your door..and about to knock.

<<   2 >>

join