It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow Leopards face 'new climate change threat'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
BBC news reports,

"...more than a third of the animal's mountain living areas could become uninhabitable because of climate change.''

Here is link,
www.bbc.com...

Here is a nice video,

Now, is climate change really happening and how do we put our trust in scientists while not getting scared, confused or frustrated trying to understand things?
Here is an interesting article,
www.americanthinker.com...
edit on 23-10-2015 by peppycat because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2015 by peppycat because: spelling

edit on 23-10-2015 by peppycat because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wildlife conservation is a heart-felt compulsion, feel compelled.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What about possums? Does anybody know how climate change will affect possums? 'Cuz I'm worried about possums, not some damned mangy, ill-tempered snow leopard varmint a million miles away from me.

Save the possums!
edit on 23-10-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
About 15,000 and 18,000 new species are identified each year and about one to five species per year are becoming extinct....

OH Noooooo.....

Maybe we are in the midst of something that has been happening for millions of years and we are too stupid to recognize it?!

Maybe we do not know the species that are on the planet yet so we cannot really know what the ebb and flow of the cycle of evolution is....

Maybe we just don't know anything because, we haven't been here long enough to know anything...?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We are in the sixth great extinction in the history of our planet, and the first one we can look at and place blame on ourselves. Diversity of life is disappearing at and alarming rate, but most people don't notice the death of a small coral reef, or when the frogs stop singing at night.

A silent spring is upon our world, and I don't see a way to stop it. If a pile of straw is on fire, do you just grab a handful that is only scorched at the edges to save?

We screwed up in the eyes of some, to others we are the most successful species on the planet. Sure, we're short sighted because of our lifespan, but most people don't care about a beautiful snow leopard disappearing due to habitat loss if that habitat is feeding people and providing them a place to live. We are as much a part of nature as everything else, but we adapted while other species didn't.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxietydisorder
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

My sentiments exactly; don't forget your towel....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I like how in this thread everyone wants animals such as big cats to go extinct. lets kill pandas too. oh how about all the fish and a blood red sea.
Lets destroy the planet and the bears too.
Forget starving children and people on the streets.... lets all be rich and thoughtless because... why?
Who cares.
Climate change isn't real and doesn't effect the natural order of this stupid planet.
Who cares when there are blood sucking fleas and cockroaches to save?
Oh and don't forget our precious ticks.
Oh centipedes, we need them to eat.(they contain poison)
By.
Oh perhaps I should have better studied a hot dry climate leopard,

edit on 22-7-2016 by peppycat because: african leopards

top topics

join