It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had the most vivid dream of my life yesterday after taking Melatonin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
About two months ago I stopped the Cannabis consumption as well and couldn't sleep worth a damn. I thought about melatonin but I wanted something that was going to help my body start producing it properly on its own so I got a pituitary glandular. Went on a grape fast while taking it and within 2 weeks I was having extreme lucid dreams as well after my daily cannabis feasts were robbing me of my dreams. Every night now it's multiple lucid dreams that I recall perfectly when I wake up. The melatonin production being activated after relying on the pot to put one to sleep. Feels so good to consciously dream again

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I really want to stress soemthing that has all ready been mentioned. The store brands are crap and there are a lot of fakes out there.

Make sure you are buying a high quality brand otherwise you are throwing money town the toilet. Liquid or sublinguals work better. I get 2.5mg sublinguals. I never exceed more than 7.5mg in one night. I usually only take 2 pills.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

I've had that several times about 12 years ago, without taking anything though. I could see clearly through my closed eyelids.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

I know it can be helpful as an alternative to sleep aids. And i know it is widely used to learn or boost lucid dreaming. So yeah i agree its a useful compound with the less adverse effects.

a reply to: AdAstra

interesting but 3grams of melatonin seem way off chart. But if it leads to being able to see through your eyelids, something i experienced too, then i would consider high doses of melatonin to have some psychotropic effects. And thats an interesting property.. Maybe there is a reason why its so unknown and illegal in some countries like japan?
edit on 22-10-2015 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I started having similar dreams back in '07 where the dreams are so vivid that I can see the individual leaves on the trees, for example. My vivid dreams started when I was taking Ambien to help fall asleep and it scared me enough that I got off of that drug. Every so often, I will have a vivid dream like this where I know that I am dreaming but can stay in the dream and explore.

I started practicing manifesting things in the dreams. Another interesting note - If you keep a dream journal when you wake up in the morning, it will increase your ability to dream and recall what you dream.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

as weird as it might sound to some, dreaming is a superpower. Lucid dreaming which is control over your dream and thus the ability to create any possible situation one can imagine, leads to very intersting ramifications which will affect you directly in the "real" world. Its a shortcut to magic if handled correctly that can lead to physical results no less. The reason being, the outstanding ability to reproduce the world to the point you believe fo r a moment its real leading to possible manifestations in the real world. Like the law of attraction on steroids. Honestly its so remarquable in its potential its a wonder - or maybe not - it hasnt gotten much attention globally. Its totally underestimated for the worse.. Im sure genius are people more prone to lucid dreaming because its THE tool of geniuses.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Yep, melatonin is THA SHIZ!!!!

I also used to smoke pot and found pot was a dream suppressant, but great for creative/deep philosophical thinking while awake.

Melatonin on the other hand does nothing while awake but holy crap when I sleep I live an entirely different life. I've always had control of most of my dreams though and consciously interact in them, when I do dream, but melatonin is a dream enhancer for sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

Where can you buy that tea? Is it at Wal Mart?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

I get all my loose leaf teas in bulk from this place, they have it.

BulkTea

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: texasyeti

I get all my loose leaf teas in bulk from this place, they have it.

BulkTea

I just ordered some, never really was into tea but for a couple weeks I've been trying to replace my 3-4 coffees a day with tea at work and I really like it. Can`t wait to try that Guayusa.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Well FWIW I can't stand most store bought tea, but they have a decent not too expensive white tea, and a few good green teas as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I started having similar dreams back in '07 where the dreams are so vivid that I can see the individual leaves on the trees, for example. My vivid dreams started when I was taking Ambien to help fall asleep and it scared me enough that I got off of that drug. Every so often, I will have a vivid dream like this where I know that I am dreaming but can stay in the dream and explore.

I started practicing manifesting things in the dreams. Another interesting note - If you keep a dream journal when you wake up in the morning, it will increase your ability to dream and recall what you dream.

When I had that crazy vivid dream it was a night where I couldn`t fall asleep and I just kept trying to concentrate on sleeping, I stayed awake for at least an hour and a half and then it felt as though the moment I fell asleep I was in this other "dimension" but still consciously aware. I was totally in control over there. I knew I was dreaming but I was scared that thinking about the fact I was dreaming would bring me out of it right away but it didn't. Very weird feeling.
edit on 23-10-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I bought it before you posted the link, at a different store called MayaTea.com

I got Guayusa Organic Herbal - 1/4lb (113g) for 13.00$ which seems like a good deal...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

It's $18 for a full lb organic at that link. Searched for a bit when deciding my reg place to purchase. They don't disappoint with quality, either.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
One thing that can help I believe is blood flow. So if you have a partner who will give a good massage to you that can help fuel your dreams.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This sounds funny but for me it's drinking that orange drink Tang. Dunno what mix of vitamins, amino acids, or preservatives is in that specific brand (it does have a unique taste - since not everyone likes it), but I get weird dreams off of that. A Benadryl for my allergies an hour before bed ,as that knocks me out, downed with Tang usually makes for some more vivid than usual stuff. Perhaps I'm just weird? (Most people only have that for breakfast, as where I tend to have a bad sweet tooth and that was what was around at the time.)

I've also heard others claim that apple juice does a nice job of helping with vivid dreaming. I haven't tried that yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe it's just a certain amino and sugar combo that works like a turbo for REM sleep? Melatonin is likely one of them (the best known), but I suspect there are others that work in a similar fashion.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think it´s caused by your pot smoking break.
Because, maybe as you mentioned, if you smoke herbs, you usually can´t remember your dreams the next day.
That starts again when you quit smoking weed for a while.
And then this dreams feel so real as you described, when you are able again to remember them the next morning.

But isn`t it unbelievable what you have to go throw as a pot smoker, drug tests for jobs? I mean, it´s smoking pot, and not drinking till somebody doesn´t know anymore what he is doing, it´s not using meth, cocain, heroin or whatever, it´s smoking pot.
People are drugged with alcohol and legal pills, some to wake up, some to get asleep, pills for everything, as alcohol lobby and big pharma profits from it.

But people have to stop smoking pot to get some jobs. I don´t get it, who has to care what i do in my leisure time when i want to spend some of my lifetime only to make others more rich?
I know police officers who smoke pot, other officials working for the city, the state, even one who works for the customs authorities here in germany. No one of them is afraid to be tested for drugs, they smoke almost all daily.
And if these guys aren´t tested, what job in the world needs to test if the employee uses cannabis, and for what reason?

Ok, maybe if you have to drive cars or trucks, fly planes, but do they also test the people for alcohol? And the most, no all people i know, drive more carefull and slower when they smoked weed and have to drive(which is illegal xD ). Even that seems to be not really a problem, not really a reason to test people for cannabis.

Sometimes i turn on the TV and see officials, so called "experts", government staff, newscasters and so on, with pupils big as the imperial death star, but normal people have to be tested for weed to get a job? I mean, i can see people that make laws against pot smokers and the same government staff steps in front of a camera with "owl eyes"?

Every meeting they have you can see the "rulers" drink alcohol, here a beer, there a glass of champagne, here a wine.
I changed from drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco to smoking cannabis because i had to learn what alcohol can do to your life, i think i was short before getting alcohol addicted, or maybe i am, i don´t know, i don´t drink anymore, but it is said: One time an alcoholic, lifetime an alcoholic, even if you don´t drink anymore. Isn´t alcohol one of the worst drugs mankind knows, look how much damage it does to millions of peoples around the world.

But the people that make laws against weed smokers seem to drink alcohol nearly every day. I know from experience how alcohol can changes your mood in seconds, how fast one can become aggressive on alcohol. And those people in power, that ones who demonize cannabis(icommand of the big pharma, tobbacco and alcohollobby) drink drugs in front of general publics eye?

And normal people are forced to be tested for cannabis to get jobs? In which world do we live nowadays?
I "want" to spend many, many hours, days, weeks, months, years of my lifetime for a job, not for a million wage, but because i have to live. In reality nobody can pay enough to buy an hour of your lifetime, ask somebody, who has to live just some just days from now, if he would sell you one hour of his remaining lifetime! In reality i spend my lifetime to get betrayed with the wage and make rich people richer, and those rich people really want to test me if i smoke pot before i am allowed to make them richer???
My answer would be: Go make your f#cking work yourself to become richer and richer, if you need to spy around in my life before i am allowed to make you richer, i will find another job!

But we all know who are the puppetmasters here. it´s the alcohol, the tobbacco and big pharma lobby. And sure the "rulers" that know that potsmoking people take some time to think by themselves, and this is very dangerous for the ruling class, people that think by themselves!

Back to topic, i smoke weed now more than 20 years, had some little breaks, some forced, some to test what changes if i stop smoking weed. I never had problems to sleep(i think it´s just all in the head) or, what other people told me, with sweating the first two or three nights while sleeping without smoking pot. The only thing i mentioned is that i can remember my dreams from the first night without THC. Even if there is more than enough THC left in my body for the next weeks to be shown on a urin or blood test.

The real problem is, that after some time you dealing with thoughts to start smoking tobbacco again, at least for me. Nothing else changed, other people didn´t see any change, i didn´t feel any big positive change for myself, but some negative, as the need to smoke tobbacco again, or that i am not so calming, friendly and forgiving when people around me do or say stupid things

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Everyone dreams, all the time. They only become lucid, or memorable when you can remember them, or know you are in them.

Why are most dreams forgotten when you awake? And what makes a dream memorable?

Here is a good video on the subject:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Melatonin is well known for causing bizarre dreams. I personally didn't find it pleasant. Didn't like the dreams. Nicotine patches will also give you weird dreams if you wear one to bed. Of course you might also get addicted to nicotine.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

The juice thing does help for sure, for me I noticed that 100 percent concord juice does the trick too. I have a head injury so it must help circulation to my brain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join