It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Mississippi lawmaker openly race-baiting at GOP rally to oppose black school funding:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sremmos80 the problem here is some will never accept folks of African descent and others of being fully Americans for them they always will be the traditional "Other" they are just Americans by proxy, yes compared to the bad ol days we have come along way, but in some quarters we may well be back in 1954 .

Why only state one side of the equation here?

Just as true as what you said it is also that many blacks will ever accept whites.

Blacks can be racist no doubt about that, but much of that racism is a response to hatred shown towards them either institutionally or individually while we can't do much about individual racism at least institutional racism can be dealt with.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Racism is racism no matter what the excuse is. There are no free passes.

It is on both sides yet only one side gets called out for it.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No excuses just an explanation as to why.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme
i hate to be that guy
but

his name is bubba
what did you expect?

(sounds like they let the baby name itself....and this is coming from a guy who willingly uses a name with the word fart in it)

I guess stereotyping is OK as long as its against a white guy with a white name?

You don't know how much I resisted using the Bubba thing, my fingers are still shaking ..

Here you are and the OP getting numerous stars for that comment and high fiving each other.

Racism is alive and kicking today without any doubt except it appears that one form of it is often overlooked or ignored.

Good job in creating an anti racist thread and then going and stereotyping. Well done.

edit on 481031America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 15:48:10 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OK the stereotyping of the Bubba name fair point, but how is the thread racist.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Is not I said anti racist.

However, as you can see you yourself participated on the double standard.

The strategy of finger pointing does not appear to help and neither does creating a villain and victim mentality.

I think we need to have some honest discussion about racism and stop labelling stupid people as racist when they are just plain stupid. Stupidity and ignorance far surpasses racism as it prevails on all shapes,colors and form.

The racism card is often to quick to be thrown around and is now associated with the boy who cried wolve syndrome. A New strategy and truth needs to be tried now. The methods used today are causing us to go back in progress now versus helping us proceed further.

edit on 031031America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 16:03:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No excuses just an explanation as to why.

I like morgans words

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Is not I said anti racist.

However, as you can see you yourself participated on the double standard.

The strategy of finger pointing does not appear to help and neither does creating a villain and victim mentality.

I think we need to have some honest discussion about racism and stop labelling stupid people as racist when they are just plain stupid. Stupidity and ignorance far surpasses racism as it prevails on all shapes,colors and form.

The racism card is often to quick to be thrown around and is now associated with the boy who cried wolve syndrome. A New strategy and truth needs to be tried now. The methods used today are causing us to go back in progress now versus helping us proceed further.

But my point is not about an individual but with an individual with clout for he is in a position to do harm or good this is not about the boy crying wolf syndrome or playing at cards I could careless how he feels about others as long as he is unable to carry out policies based off his feelings.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I bet he would be the same guy that then turns around and says the problem is those kids over there are not getting educated.

Why do people want to punish the kids that have no stake in the tax base at the school? What is so bad about helping a school?

because they are BLACK SCHOOLS!!.....and guess what, there are still racists, and racism in the south....the right wing of the U.S. supreme court voted down parts of the "voting rights act". they said it's no longer needed because RACISM IS OVER!!!....I guess the south didn't get that message.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

But my point is not about an individual but with an individual with clout for he is in a position to do harm

As a politician they are primarily full of #hit whether they say it to your face or not. They are all in position to do harm and often do and far worse than those statements he said.

A politician has no problem throwing black, white, or purple people down the drain as long as they get compensated by their green friends.

Plenty of black politicians have said equally stupid things in positions of power.

We can't get over racism until their is equal accountability on both sides , either wise we will never treat each other as equals.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

Reverse the races, black politicians say this exact stuff all the time. In fact, black civil leaders AND politicians regularly, openly advocate specifically for blacks. Why can't whites do the same thing? What is wrong in America that the POTUS and FLOTUS can openly make racial remarks?, pro black advocacy remarks that is, but whites cannot? Why is white America barred from advocating for itself openly and without apology?

Why this double standard?

So let me get this straight.

A group says a bad thing and gets a pass by the racially divisive US media.
B group says a bad thing and gets villainized by the racially divisive US media.

B group therefore should get a pass like group A from the racially divisive US media.

Something is wrong with that logic.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

originally posted by: hammanderr

Reverse the races, black politicians say this exact stuff all the time. In fact, black civil leaders AND politicians regularly, openly advocate specifically for blacks. Why can't whites do the same thing? What is wrong in America that the POTUS and FLOTUS can openly make racial remarks?, pro black advocacy remarks that is, but whites cannot? Why is white America barred from advocating for itself openly and without apology?

Why this double standard?

So let me get this straight.

A group says a bad thing and gets a pass by the racially divisive US media.
B group says a bad thing and gets villainized by the racially divisive US media.

B group therefore should get a pass like group A from the racially divisive US media.

Something is wrong with that logic.

We need to specify what those things being said is, just saying group A said this and group B said that where is the context.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just because group A said something bad and gets a pass from the media does not make what group A said right.
It also does not make group B right.

What they said was equally wrong and should be villainized by the media.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

John_Rodger Iam not sure about that, I think Black Pols saying dumb sht is reported on , thinking of Charlie Rangle calling members of the Tea Party the same "Crackers" he had to deal with 50yrs prior , that was not swept under any rug and he was properly taken to task for it, but here is some context before then members of the tea party some of whom were racist spat on members of the congressional Black caucus existing the building.
And I know it's coming, but before someone say why is there or should there be something called a congressional Black caucus think deeply about that question before you type..ing out will respond later.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Here you are and the OP getting numerous stars for that comment and high fiving each other.

Racism is alive and kicking today without any doubt except it appears that one form of it is often overlooked or ignored.

Good job in creating an anti racist thread and then going and stereotyping. Well done.

You didn't quote what I said, but I actually made a joke about it so I'll respond anyways.

No, it's not right. You can call it me being a racist or whatever else you would like but I'm still going to laugh at it, because sometimes non PC things are funny. The deep south has the lowest educated populace in the country and is the most racially divisive over a large area (there's some individual cities and neighborhoods that are much worse). Them making ignorant statements is pretty much expected given the culture of their area.

It's something that needs to be fixed, but deeply ingrained cultures take decades of adequate education to change, and in the end this man is simply a personification of a much bigger problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Why can't we have a congressional asian congress?

or a congressional latino congress?
edit on 23-10-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah I hear ya. A lot of people think thier race is a football team or something.

You have to support the your racial "football team" and hurt the "other". Hurting the "other" is how you score touchdowns for your "football team".

Clyde Lewis nailed this on his show.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Why can't we have a congressional asian congress?

or a congressional latino congress?

I don't know of an Asian congressional caucus but there is a latino one, my best bet is it is because of history and a numbers game.
EDIT
Actually I just looked it up there is an Asian/Pacific congressional caucus.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Spider879 because: Add info

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing.

Why can't they just be part of the normal congress?

No special names.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing.

Why can't they just be part of the normal congress?

No special names.

Because of fear !!, which is not entirely unjustified, because of forces working to undo civil rights legislations fought over some 50yrs ago, this is a real concern for in a more perfect union there wouldn't be any need for any special kind of congress and there are historical precedent, following the close of the civil war , Blacks gained a voice in government and a chance to go forward only to see those rights stripped away in under 10yrs and the official introduction of Jim Crow laws hampering progress for the next 100yrs, now this imply a lack of trust in the system and the need of a watchdog, but is it really incumbent on them to unilaterally disarm and risks making the same mistake as above or should it be those regressive forces retiring for good.
edit on 25-10-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join