It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Advertising/Messages : waht's the product?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I know of a lot of subliminal 'things' in adds and throught the media, including magazines and movies.

I was wondering if anyone 1.)would know of any that they would like to post here. 2.) know of thier effectiveness. 3.) what 'exactly' the producets are.

the ones i know of are

the ones in disney movies... too numerous to count
and camel cigarette adds... infamous for sub-adver.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There in most things for, such as mobile phone adds. I was reading through a magazine and there was a advert for a phone, which always had a near half naked women holding it. Now what has a women got to do with a phone. Nothing, they simple put them in saying. " If you buy this phone, you'll get her. ".

Remember, sex sells.

Tech N9ne.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
yea i know of those, but that isnt exactly the type of subliminal advertising i am talking about.. i meant things along the lines of camel cigarette adds..(if you ahve ever seen them you will know why)

basically a hidden message or picture ...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The point of subliminal advertising is that you don't even really know what the advertised product is. It is just visible for a very short time or something small that catches your eye along the way. It is supposed to make you want something without specifically telling you about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Subliminal Messages register in your sub conscious. Somone might go about this by making an advert lets say for a fizzy drink called "buzz", a telivision commercial is made up of ALOT of frames, the person who makes the commercial may remove a frame and instead put a blank screen saying "THIRSTY, DRINK BUZZ". This message is so fast that we cannot tell without actually looking carefully for it. The messsage tells us we are thirsty and the only way of quenching it is to drink "BUZZ". Its pretty clever and smart. It's illegal but no doubt that companies still use this method to sell their goods!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
rememeber, these companies have spent millions studying us inside out. They call people in to run tests to help with marketing, but are often testing for something to different to what the subject is told.

they use naked women to sell to women and naked men to sell to men sometime. I know this sounds backwards, but they know what works for the subconcious.

They had the naked woman silouhette (bad spelling i know) on the DIET coke can in a subliminal sorta imprint even tho diet coke is marketed at women.
On the other hand, they had the topless male in the tv adds for diet coke.

They've used naked women imprinted on ice cubes for the close up shot of certain drinks at the end of the advert where they show a glass with the ice cubes in it.

Also, in the shadows of adverts in magasines, they are meant to have written certain profane words in however, this wont stand up in court, because they would say that its the arguers subconcious that is projecting there "words" into the shadows of the AD.

They even lay out the shelves of a supermarket so that people will be more likely to buy the more expensive products since they have studies how people shop, left to right, up to down or vice versa etc.

I would hate to see whats been implanted into my subconsious.

When you watch tv, your mind goes into an alpha state, and is highly suggestable, so while ur watching the adverts, not really paying attention, with the left side of your brain switched off, the adverts speak straight to ur right hand side of brain and also are stored in the subconcious.

Why do most people buy brand goods when they dont even taste mmuch better than non brand goods?

Why do people value sony notebook or other good "brands" when its prob full of toshiba, qsi, etc parts of the same make and model number of other "non brand" notebooks?

read no logo
and branded

one was by naomi klein, can remeber who wrote the other, read it a couple yrs+ back.
branded is newer

new topics

top topics

join