It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walk - Anxiety ridden awesomeness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I just went to see this with my daughter yesterday. I do not have a fear of heights, nor does she. I had sweated through my shirt by the end of it. This was one of the most intense final 20 minutes I have ever seen in a movie. A different kind of intense though. It actually evoked a sort of primal fear...the kind where there is really nothing you can do about except slowly curl up, tightening all of your muscles, gripping the seat and sweating profusely. It is so unnerving I was really caught off guard by it. I wish I had seen it in IMAX 3D and may go back to do just that.

It was a very well made film and great from the start, but the real shocker is how it will make you feel by the end. It brought anxiety out in my I have never felt in my life. The POV used in the filming process is just absolute top notch and the character development is great.

I would HIGHLY recommend this movie to anyone.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

www.youtube.com...

Looks good....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.youtube.com...

Looks good....

Soooo good. The feelings this movie brings up, especially in the last 20 minutes, are seriously crazy. There are numerous points in the movie where it is obvious the intended feeling is being slowly pushed on the viewer. By the end, you are left feeling anxiety ridden but not in a bad way....I can't really describe how, but truly an amazing experience....one of the only movies I have ever seen that I would describe as being an experience at that.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I LOVE INTENSE Scenes in Movies! I have had the same from different Movies in teh past. But those feelings nly were for very short periods. Like maybe a few seconds...
The feeling You had there, (Like 20 Minutes worth!) sounds like an awesome experience! One that I would like to have as well!!!
Thanx for the share on that!!
Syx...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

He is a wonderful director and I look forward to seeing this...maybe...
I have suffered for years from Vertigo AND Acrophobia.

I believe from the trailer that I will need a sickness bag...

Were the scenes of height fairly intense?
Like did you feel the sensation of being high?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

He is a wonderful director and I look forward to seeing this...maybe...
I have suffered for years from Vertigo AND Acrophobia.

I believe from the trailer that I will need a sickness bag...

Were the scenes of height fairly intense?
Like did you feel the sensation of being high?

Absolutely...I don't consider myself to have a fear of heights and have made numerous multi-pitch climbs back in my younger days and loved it. This was absolutely the only movie I have ever experienced what I think it is like to be acrophobic.

The trailer is a decent depiction of what it is like, but on the big screen it is very intense. There are multiple scenes that give this feeling and build all the way through the end.

My daughter and I both left with our shirts wet from sweat and feeling anxious and could not stop talking about it.

It is probably the safest way to confront your fears without being in any danger I would think though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thanks!

It is probably the safest way to confront your fears without being in any danger I would think though.

You may be right however those around me may be!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I heard it was making some people physically ill - especially in 3D

I really want to see this one, but I'd like to see the original documentary first - I've heard it's brilliant

Man on WIre

eta: not that this one isn't :-)

edit on 10/20/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Sounds like a flick well worth seeing !

My only trepidation is that the theatres screening this are likely to be sweat soaked and reeking of vomit ...

top topics

join