It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany’s police chief calls for border fence to cope with refugee crisis – report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

What exactly are Germany playing at. They have told migrants they will be accepted and given refuge. They have criticised the likes of Hungary for building fences. Angela Merkel has said the EU rule of open borders can't be compromised and now they are talking about building fences at the German/Austrian border. I have been the first to shout about the madness of letting in hundreds of thousands of migrants (a lot of whom aren't Syrian refugees) without knowing where they are from and what dangers the pose and also because a lot are economic migrants but this policy is just bordering on cruel to the genuine refugees. Germany have told these people to come and now at the worst possible time of year (Winter) are talking about building fences when there are vulnerable children and elderly/sick amongst these migrants. Why is it Germany seem to be able to tell the rest of the EU what to do and what isn't allowed but then seem able to change the rules and adapt the rules whenever they so choose. Either Germany believe in open borders or they don't. They need to make their minds up quickly as this is getting really out of hand and having an effect on all European Countries.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Berlin wall 2.0

History does repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

One of the Russian diplomats a year ago clearly stated to the media what Germany's problem is

They have no sovereignty

They still have foreign (US) troops on their soil, their leaders have to listen to the almighty USA

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

It's the head of the police Union calling for the fence supported by the young politicians of Merkels party. She and many others are still against it. The point in demanding this is austria and other countries acting as facilitators.
People really start to get scared that's a huge problem for politicians. So they fish votes with stupid solutions like that.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Damage limitation.
The political classes decided the initial course of action, completely missing the warning signs from a large proportion of the population who weren't happy about all this.
Now they fear that the people they failed to represent will vote for someone else and are trying to look like they care about their opinions as much as those of celebs and suchlike.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScrewGmail

Or maybe like most countries their leaders are totally out of touch with what the people want....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Well its the Police Chief that is calling for a border, to their government I suspect, who else is he calling it from?, then people can be at least screened as being a refugee in need etc and also not the criminal and or extremists everyone wants kept out, rather than just pile on in. I can understand that from a police chiefs point of view, does surprise me at all other than it hasn`t been called for earlier.

They are expecting a million people before the end of the year, wow!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IrishhafI just don't understand how they can be so out of touch like they are. Here in the UK all politicians said that the main thing they heard time and time again when out and about canvassing was how worried people were about the mass uncontrolled immigration. Lots of labour MP's admitted this was what cost them a lot of votes and why they lost the election even more than their economic policies. How then just 6 months on from that can they then forget all that they heard and learned on the lead up to the GE, its like a form of brainwashing!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I wander if merkels double facepalm broke her jaw bones ?

I think I heard it from the uk , that my dear is what the saying,THE HORSE AS ALREADY BOLTED MEANS !🇩🇪

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I thought the meeting they had was to supposed to help to organise a safe corridor for these migrants and there were supposed to be hot spots set up in Greece etc. Since Hungary closed its border with Croatia Slovenia said they would allow migrants a passage. However, they too closed their border yesterday after allowing 2,000 through. Since then they allowed 100 migrants through mainly children and elderly/sick. There is now a backlog in Serbia

www.itv.com...

If Germany do put fences up and the rest follow this will then mean most migrants will be stranded in Serbia in Winter. So they will still keep coming. Seeing as Germany as led with this they need to come up with some proper policies to deal with the migrants at source - i.e. Greece/Italy. I know they have been having talks with Turkey but that isn't going to deal with the present crisis. No one seems capable of making a decision. Hungary have only closed their border following discussions last week. They said they were willing to send help to Greece to help with hot spots as well as several other countries but apparently no agreement was reached and therefore they closed their border. Hungary, above any of the countries, seem to be talking the most sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

At least stateside most of our leaders have never worked an honest job in their lives...

They are so insulated, and surrounded by yes men, I imagine it's easy to forget the struggles of normal people.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Building the wall doesn't mean shutting down the border. It only means the unchecked mass migration will be slowed and give them time to allow the real refugees in and deny the rest. Germany showed its ass on this one though. Merkel might have had her heart in the right place but the logistics were obviously never even considered before this disaster began.

top topics

join