It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats want torture show & tell at hearings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Amnesty International condemns recent attacks against civilians..
Amnesty International condemns in the strongest terms the bomb attacks that killed at least 66 people in the cities of Karbala and Najaf yesterday. More than 200 others were reportedly injured. Amnesty International also condemns the killing in broad day light of three election employees in Haifa Street in central Baghdad.

"There can never be any justification for the deliberate targeting of civilians and such attacks constitute crimes against humanity. Those responsible must be brought to justice," said Amnesty International.

On 19 December suicide bombers carried out deadly coordinated attacks near a bus station in Karbala and during a funeral procession near the Imam 'Ali Mosque in Najaf. Meanwhile in central Baghdad armed men reportedly dragged three employees of the electoral commission out of a car, made them to kneel and shot them dead.

Why do I seem to hear the Doc in the background saying "They're ALL Terrorist,and that's what you get by messing with US the Greatest Super Power The world will ever kneel befor"..??...this way there's not gonna be any room to kneel on to..I say..
I had an Ugly premenision biggining of the week,and it was about this coming year,possibley the last one.It did'nt contain any positive outcomes.I remember me posting a thread about being 'Optimistic' for the year to come,and some jumped and replied "Did'nt you know,You're not allowed to think positively on this forum," something like that..I replied O.K.
But a few days later I realised I was kidding myself....So they have The Cassandra Algorithm,big deal..this is apparentlyAn amazing abstract mathematical method developed by Russian academician Zhuravlyov can be applied to virtually any market, from cellular communications to retail trade,to earthquakes & all the rest..
It's our souls that need to be harmonized with the earth as one..Love is All We Need...Tollerance & Respect comes with it..It surely does'nt need a super computer to get to this very basic emotion We All have by default...
I'm kind of tiered of hearing all this mess,I am insignificant in the whole,but if more of Us make this a virtue for Humanities sake maybe,just maybe We can succeed.
We are Meer fools who are so quike to disqualify other cultures who don't meet 'our' standards,but what are the standards...It's all an illusion we hang on to like brainless upright walking creatures...I'm tiered...I heard todaay on the news that aid person could'nt get on the helicopters with their supplies because journalists have out bid them for the pictures & story...How low can we go.....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Horus_Re:

Just so you don't appear totally one-sided, you forgot to also post the pictures of the beheaded Americans and others, plus the burned Americans hanging from the bridge in Iraq. And how about some victim photos from 9/11?

Marg6043:

Are you still here - living in the country you love to hate so much? Did you notice that the road you came here on wasn't a one way street?

[edit on 1/6/2005 by centurion1211]

Why did I know that such a reply was gonna show up ...I wonder...
What can I say,there are also 'Muslims' fighting under the US.flag..it's not relevant to this post,but I would be more than happy to indulge you in as much Blood as you seek to See...that is a lame lame reply,thentopping it off you dare tell marge that the road is not a one way street..
Did it come in your little judgemental head that she could be doing a job that you american would'nt even dream off..How many chineses died building your train tracks,or even Indiginouse people Indians,which you guys hunted down like dogs..built your high rise buildings..what about the Irish should they leave too,or the Italians..gee where would you get a half decent PIZZA..capisce...
You are being extreemly short sighted..The U.S. is made up of 140 different nationalities..thats what makes it what it is...Just look in the mirror & ask yourself..if you dare where the hell am I coming fromm....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Horus_Re:

Marg6043:

Are you still here - living in the country you love to hate so much? Did you notice that the road you came here on wasn't a one way street?

Really isn't that so, Centurion lets tell the people that disagree with people like you and Bushes policies in the world to take a hike, guess what I have not desire to move anywhere else, this my country and Bush is just a stepping stone in our democracy.

And by the way can you please point out kindly what in the heck Iraq has to do with 9/11?

The last time I checked US was liberating Iraq and taking evil Saddam from power and then the Bush administration poor tactics allowed migration of "terrorist" into Iraq.

Now, I can tell you who you need to blame for the beheading and killings in Iraq, I tell you who, Mr. Bush poor judgment and hasty war.

Learn the fact before you come with coments like that.

By the way my home Island of PR is part of the US anyway in case you missed history in grade school.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Why did I know that such a reply was gonna show up ...You are being extreemly short sighted..The U.S. is made up of 140 different nationalities..thats what makes it what it is...Just look in the mirror & ask yourself..if you dare where the hell am I coming fromm....

Wrong.
The US has always been a "melting pot". Regarding citizens, there are not 140 different nationalities here, there is one. Many origins, but one nationality. A very simple concept that undermines your whole premise. Capisce?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

[Learn the fact before you come with coments like that.

By the way my home Island of PR is part of the US anyway in case you missed history in grade school.

I stand by my comment about living in the country you love to hate. So, you moved to the mainland from Puerto Rico. Why do that, if everything this country does is so against what you stand for? You could have gone just about anywhere else in the world where the political climate is more to your liking - or could you have? Maybe the job opportunities wouldn't have been as good. Maybe they wouldn't even have allowed you to go there. Starting to see my point yet?

And you trash Bush in just about every post (on every thread) you make. Is it just Bush, or were you out there bashing Clinton for all his mistakes, too? Your answer to that question will reveal your true agenda - as if we didn't already know.

Last, is there anything you actually like about the U.S.? Love to see you write about it some day - if there is.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
centurion...man just open your eys & try to see what I just saw here...
Sleep well I say to ALL of US

I shant say another word to you...feel free to pick your own clip..

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And you trash Bush in just about every post (on every thread) you make. Is it just Bush, or were you out there bashing Clinton for all his mistakes, too? Your answer to that question will reveal your true agenda - as if we didn't already know.

Last, is there anything you actually like about the U.S.? Love to see you write about it some day - if there is.

Actually yes the only thing I dislike is the bush administration, and for your information I come a family of very good loving American that various family members has given their lives for this country, and the rest has served for this country, how many including you in your family has done that.

And I have all the right under those circumstances to bash anything I want thanks of my god given right under the constitution the one that our present administration is trying to undermine with his patriot act, hell it already trashed the Geneva convention.

Now how much of a patriot are you that are allowing the Bush administration to rob this nation and its citizens off everything our fore fathers fought so hard for it, the heroes in my family and the heroes that has die for our liberties are screaming in their graves after seen what Bush has done to this country.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
One question for everyone...

If you or one of your family members, was suddenly captured and detained for whatever reason. Who would you rather be captured by, the US Military, or Al Queda?

Another question...

When did Al Queda sign the Geneva Convention?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
And another question when did US invaded Iraq to fight Al-queda in Iraq?

We were drill by the administration that it was all for liberation.

And for the afghanistan war I will have to remind you that US went into afghanistan and got the "al-qaida" "taliban" members I mean "non-combatans" out of their home land and tag them all terrorist regarless if they were inocent or guilty.

Kind of fishing in the sea for the real evil ones.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
CENTURION- see guidelines for learning how to quote

By the by, this great country is made up of foreigners for your information.

Step outside your door and look at them all, tax payers, service men, business men, all a part of it. Should they all go "home" or keep quiet and utter no sound if they do not like this government?
'fraid not. They have as much right as YOU do to express your grievances

THE STREETS OF ANYTOWN USA WOULD BE EMPTY

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Back on topic (I think)

dgtempe, I watched a good portion of the hearings on CSPAN2 today. The questioning was very intense and non-stop. They would not give him one inch of wiggle-room. They asked the same question several different ways, to see if he would slip up. Many questions on the definition of and use of torture. To his benefit, however, he stood fast and did not waver in his answers.

Later on, a conservative talking head on TV said that the Democrats were very well organized and prepared for this hearing, and he commended them for that.

He must want that job pretty badly to submit to that type of questioning. I can only imagine what the questioning would be like for a Supreme Court nominee.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join