It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishops urge David Cameron to take in more refugees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From a post I read three weeks ago, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UAE, have not taken in any refugees, Saudi Arabia has a tent city just outside of Mecca, air-conditioned, capable of housing 3,000,000 people, used for one month every year...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I say #ck off to letting anymore refugees into my country, they have come to take the #ss and not abide by our rules. They are unruly, ungrateful, haters of Europeans, rioters, rapists, murderers and pedophiles!! Any country in the west is taking the #ss and putting our national security at risk aswell as millions of lives just letting them in!! Rant over....

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why don't these Bishops interfere with regards to all the British people who are homeless, all the elderly people who are struggling, all the children in need of adoption in our country, all the people living in proverty in the UK. When they have sorted these problems out maybe then start worrying about people outside of the UK but only then.

Does it ever occur to the do-gooders why David Cameron is adamant about not taking more than 20,000 and why he has said only from the camps. Could it be because he is privy to information that the rest of us are not? I certainly don't think he is sticking to his guns because the majority of the UK don't want any more immigrants, I think it is because he has been advised of the dangers of letting any more in from Europe or the camps. Don't forget its only a few weeks ago he was advised that even when taking from the camps 2 out of every 100 are probably ISIS terrorists!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why is that?, does the damned church get a little more money for each immigrant?...

Umm, I think they do....

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What also gets me the same people who keep complaining about austerity are also the same people who keep wanting to welcome the world in. How does that work then? If I hear one more person say "but the NHS would fall to pieces if we didn't have immigration" I will scream! Obviously, if that is the case, we need to train a lot more British nurses and doctors. Maybe go back to having SEN like years ago. That way they don't need the degree but can go on a vocational course. It would help some of the British people who would like to go into nursing but don't have the necessary qualifications or the financial means to go through University. Its a catch 22, we need more nurses and doctors because of the ever increasing demand because of population growth. If we didn't have hundreds of thousands coming into our country every year then the demand wouldn't be as great. Its not rocket science.

I just wonder where there is madness is going to end. We have hundreds of thousands from the EU coming here. We then have refugees coming here. We also have people coming over from Calais illegally and then seeking asylum and all the illegal immigrants who we are not even aware of. Each day we are told we are spending £100,000 on Calais, hundreds of thousands on taxis/hotels rooms, hundreds of thousands on Legal Aid, a few billion here and there to the ever demanding EU and our services are being cut to the bone. How long is it going to be before our infrastructure breaks. Its madness.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well the churches and cathederals are mostly empty all the time. As are the Rectories and Bishop's palaces.

They can live there and their kids can be educated in church schools free of charge and I'm sure that the churches can sell off some gold and stuff to feed them and pay for their medical treatment.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is Islamic infiltration by proxy.

God help the next generations - our children will suffer because of our stupidity.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973That's what really frightens me. I'm not so bothered for me its my little boy's future that really worries me. God knows what sort of a world I've bought him into it doesn't bear thinking about.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

The main problem is simple;

Religious apathy and anti-theism is all good apart from the fact that people can no longer tell the difference between Christianity and Islam.

Islam is taking advantage of this confusion and leveraging a foot in the door with it. If we are not careful within a couple of generations we will be living in the dark ages under sharia law here in the west.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Well said! Let then live in there churches and cathedrals, rake and rummage through there refuse in an attempt to steal there identities while refusing any attempt at integration. Roam around outside there cathedrals in bands 40-50 strong while screaming racist obscenities, smashing stuff up and assaulting and raping there clergy then disappear back to what ever nation they claim to have been forced out of in an attempt flee justice.

And if the above sounds a harsh judgment of the poor souls may i suggest actually living next to these refugees because all i have said is true. Fact is i cannot let my little 8 year old girl out to play in her own back because of the refugee scum deposited in the 1000s in to our area by my own government. And that's under the advisement of our Police force.
edit on 19-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Bang on and whenever I see some idiot on telly saying we must take more (Yes, Ben Cumberbatch, I'm looking at you).
I can't help but think how hypocritical it is of people like that to demand that those with less than them further impoverish themselves in order to make them feel all warm and glowy inside.

When the rich are a month's pay check from reposession, have to share their space with people that hate them and drive clapped out cars, then the rest of us can start making sacrifices, until then, they can shut up.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Whilst their message is a good one.....

I wonder why the church is not offering to dip into its vast wealth to help pay for the massive costs involved?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Religion requires our monies, as to dishing the stuff out in any significantly meaningfully fashion, that would be a completely different kettle of fish.

Fair question all the same.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join