It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NMUSAF Expansion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force has scheduled to move the XB-70 to the newly built 4th hanger on Oct. 27th. (Subject to change)

This looks to be the last of the R&D aircraft to move. The Presidental Hanger is closed and they have not started moving those aircraft yet.

What I would have given to be the tug driver for these aircraft...

NMUSAF Expansion Website

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing Pyle! I can't wait for the new hanger to open. I've been going there a few times a years since I was 8 years old. I remember when there was only one hanger and you could just walk up and board the bus to the annex all throughout the day without all the hassle there is now.

S+F - Thanks again

Knight

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My GF and I drove 30 hours straight from AZ to visit this museum last year. When it was all said and done, even the GF enjoyed it (previously, she fell asleep on the bus tour of the Davis-Monthan boneyard). I broke the rules and touched the XB-70. Truly unique place. The only museum I have been to that is remotely close to this one is the Flygvapenmuseum in Sweden. We will have to make a trip after the new hangar is built. I also want to swing by and see the Vulcan in Nebraska.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had good timing this past summer then. I still haven't got to the space section though, it's closed every time I get there.

top topics

join