It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's lucky and then there's this couple , double win on the same lottery draw !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The couple , Jane and Alan Slater , live in the Isle of Wight and their luck started when they won nearly £150,000 on the Euromillions lottery , delighted at the win they decided to take their dog out for a walk , on returning to the car after the walk their dog jumped in ready for the journey home , as he did so he disturbed a catalogue on the back seat and a second lottery ticket for the same draw with the same numbers landed at Mrs Slater's feet .... a gift from the lottery gods.

"We had a lovely walk... chatting about the amazing start to the week with our Euromillions win and how lucky we had been.
"As we got back in the car to head home, Ruby hopped on to the back seat with me and disturbed this piece of paper inside a catalogue which gently floated down to my feet.
"I really can't explain the way this piece of paper floated, it was like you see in slow motion in films, as though someone wanted me to notice it."

Mr Slater said: "We both burst into tears when we saw the second ticket was also a winner. It all happened in such a magical way, what with Ruby disturbing the ticket on her birthday and it floating so gently right in front of Jane's eyes."
Mrs Slater said they bought tickets for several draws. Her husband had bought the second ticket not realising she had already done so.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I'd be happy with one win but two on the same draw with the same numbers ... what are the chances of that happening ?

edit on 14-10-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow. Those odds must have been astronomical!!! You gotta be in it to win it! I have my ticket for tonights lotto as always
I only buy one a week
. The fact they had the same numbers on 2 tickets though just blows my mind. I imagine someone on here can figure the actual odds of that out.

I can't imagine the feeling of winning the lotto let alone the euro millions. Jeez, a grand would sort me out right now haha. I don't get jealous if others win it. They had every chance as me, they were the lucky ones. Congrats to the happy couple!!

edit on 14-10-2015 by brace22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If only Gortex. If only...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If someone on ATS won the lottery do you think they would post about it ?
haha

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Wow. Those odds must have been astronomical!!!

Unless it was insider scamming…

***Language Warning***

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Kinda makes me think this couple may have had help from another entity. You never know, maybe ghosts like to play the lotto, and the way he describes the paper foating down to his feet, sure does sound weird. the odds of the couple both hitting the lucky numbers are beyond bizarre

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wow, very lucky ! Not such a surprise they had two tickets with the same numbers, people and couples often play the same numbers....good for them ! Hope Ruby gets a special doggie treat !

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This doesn't even sound real, its like a 'feel good' Hugh Grant movie storyline.. Ugh! Good for them .. I guess

top topics

join