It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community radio station in Newcastle: but only if you are asian

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: simro
a reply to: simro

OK so does that mean I should be able to open a community radio station called WHITE BRITISH RADIO, no coloureds, foreigners....?

You keep saying this, me and charlie both linked you the site that says nothing of the sort of what you are claiming.

YOU are creating the issue here.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Radiostation all I've got is you.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
licensing.ofcom.org.uk...
www.companydirectorcheck.com...
uk.linkedin.com...
www.checkcompany.co.uk...
www.checkcompany.co.uk...
companycheck.co.uk...
www.checkcompany.co.uk... www.endole.co.uk...
I dont get the impression that theres anything to worry about within spice fm other than the fact that if we want all of people in the UK to integrate then this isnt the way to do it along with so many other "diverse" "positive discrimination" segregation

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: simro
when it is the only station in the area.

Except for www.radiosouthtyneside.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: simro why don't you set up your own community radio station? Is the BBC radio Newcastle no good up there if you don't have BBC local radio then most other stations will be private and rely on advertising for funding. Most regions have a BBC local service or private radio alternatives. In London there are loads of different stations representing all the diverse communities in the area.

I don't think it's intent illy racist, just catering to market that some local business's want to target through adverts. No more racist than having a polish supermarket, which I don't believe is racist just targeting a market not catered for. Most things are about money not racism supply and demand dictate most things in a capitalist
economy

I use an app called tune in radio that pretty much covers every radio station in the country

edit on 13-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

There is not such thing as positive discrimination there is only discrimination against a larger group of people.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: simro what is the actual discrimination you are enduring? Tell us about your struggle

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Racism is wrong and anything allocated at all via race is completely immoral. There is not one set of bigotry ok for one group and not another. It is wrong for all, and an asian radio station is a racist radio station.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your ignorance doesn't not make your stance right.

Show some actual racism presented by them, all you have done is make stuff up.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: simro can you give us an example of racism from spice fm, so I can see the racism your talking about at the moment it seems like your making a big deal out of nothing. If you want a whites only station set it up yourself, get the volunteers and sponsors and go for it.
I

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think we should define public funds and private funds.

If the gov. is sending out only one type of indoctrination then that could be a problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: simro can you give us an example of racism from spice fm, so I can see the racism your talking about at the moment it seems like your making a big deal out of nothing. If you want a whites only station set it up yourself, get the volunteers and sponsors and go for it.
I

Of coarse there would likely be more opposition than you list to such an act or else we would be flooded with such everywhere. You make it sound so easy and make it sound as if anyone that does not have their own radio station is just because they do not want one.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
If I was so offended as the op seems to be I would complain to ofcom and look into the licensing laws and for the purpose of this thread provide examples of racism. It all seems like feigned outrage. Or else there would be some evidence to back up such outrage
www.spicefm.co.uk... here is a link to the website so you can find out how the radio station is funded
edit on 13-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

If you're so concerned why not start up your own community radio station informing people about your culture and heritage?

Exactly what I was going to say mate, OP just sounds bitter that they haven't got the drive or know how to set up their own community radio station.

OP seriously.... who cares??

There's such a thing as digital radio, shoutcast, live365 and a hundred other ways to broadcast your own station if you're soooo bothered. But you don't want to, you want to bitch that other people have started their own and it's not to your taste.

Lame..

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I wish my life was so uneventful, that crap like this even registered on my radar of what's important in my life.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are about 300 English language stations in the uk - a hot of local / regional stations in the North East all in English. If you travel abroad, say to Spain there are English language radio stations serving the ex pat (and anyone else who is interested)ncommunity, is that racist?'

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

I wish my life was so uneventful, that crap like this even registered on my radar of what's important in my life.

Right??

"ZOMG!! There's a Greek restaurant down the road and they ONLY serve GREEK food.... HOW DARE THEY!!!"

*rolls eyes*

edit on 13/10/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No one should be more or less likely to get anything good or bad because of their race and so no there should not be any media allocated by race.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

But there is, and it makes sense. You are creating this racism when there is none.

Think there is a term for that...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But allocating something because of race is racism and you say that because of racism then it is ok to allocate by race which is racist which makes more racism as a result which by your logic somehow gets rid of racism how exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join