It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New World Order: It's At Your Door.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

You understand how about the rest?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

You understand how about the rest?

What do you mean?

A little more substance would be handy to know what your referring to.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Biotech and tech are not controlled, true, the government funds a lot of it tho. Look at some of the NSA toole, developed by different groups. DARPA is another extension of such things. Technology, biotech are also benign things, much like a firearm, they are bent to the users will. There is great good, or evil in all inanimate things. However, governments seek to control, and have their constituency dependent upon them. There is no way for them to grow, without bending the people under them "For their own good". At this point in history, they are all working along side each other. Hand in hand, as it were.

No you're right but when I meant controlled (I should've added this)I meant they control the direction of what kind of tech is developed and in some cases what is used based on economic,political factors and of course sometimes it's relative to how much influence they have over both the former factors. National governments fund some techs to compete with other nation-states but don't have nearly as much motivation or resources available as those whom the private interest groups advocate on the behalf of.

Sure a technologies ethics is subject to the user, although there are clearly certain techs that were specifically intended to be destructive(e.g the first atomic weapons,bio and chemical weapons and most weapons including firearms) either by design or by those who provided the necessary materials and resources. Using the above example. Nuclear fission is neither inherently bad or good as we have applied that same mechanic to power entire cities and towns, I would say the same thing about the tech within firearms, it has empowered individuals and groups for centuries. Of course as stated earlier, use of firearms for benevolent and/or malevolent intentions is subjective.

I have sentiment for your position against a rapidly growing tyrannical government that may not be stopped unless we implement some reforms, I'm not sure what your political stance is but I doubt decentralizing and privatizing social programs is going to improve things in the long run. Monopolistic Corporations would fill in the power vacuum of government almost immediately and you would be right back where you started, except now your in indentured servitude directly to your puppet masters.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The New World Order: It's At Your Door.

Just had a look - it isn't.

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join